• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Real Cost Of War May They Rest In Peace!

Well the greater numbers are those who have been injured. Loss of limbs. Traumatic head injuries. The list goes on and on. Those numbers have to be added to the dead if you want to exact any real cost of war.

Don't forget about the ones that come back and re-integrate into society with no "exit" counseling. The psychiatric trauma of war carries a huge burden.

Gentlemen,

Firstly let me say this, the attacks of 9/11 were a terrible crime & I believe that those guilty of those crimes should be charged according to international law & brought to Justice. There are many questions as to who was truly responsible for these attacks, which I will not go into here.

The US invasion & occupation of both Afghanistan and Iraq were wars of choice & planned long before the 9/11 attacks. It is a tragedy for your nation that venal & corrupt politicians and policy makers chose to send your young men to their death, but this is not the real tragedy.

The real cost of war are the many hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians murdered by US forces with billions of dollars worth of drones, bombers, tanks & missiles. Nine years on and this slaughter continues. America is the most hated nation in the world. Washington exports murder, debt & deception & has Bin Laden been caught? No.

If only the politicians & their paymasters pursued peace & justice in the middle east as vigourously as they pursue lies, theft & destruction.

Washington exports murder, debt & deception & has Bin Laden been caught? No.

That could be because he is not wanted for the crimes committed on 9/11

First let me just say that the Iraq war has been a complete blunder. It accomplished nothing but created a greater Persian Empire by uniting shiites of Iraq and Iran. The rules of engagement that our fighting men face are pathetic and do nothing but endanger their lives. Not to mention the severe psychological damage that they face due to constant and extended deployments. I have a couple of buddies who served there and this is coming straight from the horse's mouth. The real cost of this war is much higher than what's being reported in the media. This high cost could have easily been offset had we forced the Iraqis to re-pay us with oil revenues or at least give US priority in obtaining the oil contracts, but the wonderful and grateful people of Iraq decided to extend that favor to Chinese.

So what is the real lesson here?
Do NOT get involved in any conflict unless you're willing to do whatever it takes to win and there is a clear and definite exit strategy. US military should NOT be in the business of nation building especially if that nation is not interested in the western democracy and values.

Exactly! But who would know that Bin Laden was not even wanted for the crimes of 9/11 when listening to our "leaders" & the paid for press?

On another note, our disgraced ex PM "Tony" Blair is holding a high rent jolly for his craven hangers on at the Tate Modern tomorrow night. I'm planning to attend along with many others to make our feelings known. Should be a good night out!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I would also point out that nothing changes. We can hardly go a day without the usual suspects calling for an attack on Iran with lie upon lie in the MSM. What exactly have the Iranians done to the USA, or any nation in the last, say, 500 years to justify any attack?

I'm old enough to remember the Bush 41 Whitehouse desperately formenting conflict back in '88 when they wanted an excuse to arm Saddam & assist in his attack on Iran. Some here may recall the USS Vincennes shooting down Iran Air 655 on it's daily scheduled service from Tehran to Dubai. The USA murdered 290 innocent people in a deliberate & unprovoked act of war & when Capt. Will Rogers III got back to the USA Bush gave him a medal.

In Search Of Utopia: I just love hypocrisy... Dont you?.

Eisenhower was right to warn the American people against the power of the military industrial complex & a corrupt congress.

How many MILLIONS of innocent people has the USA murdered since the end of WWII, the last just war, which Ike fought & won. Is anyone even counting?

Will the Pentagon ever run out of penniless unarmed people to kill? ...and on and on it goes...

Back