• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ray Stanford Returns for a Visit

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
After over a two-year absence, Ray Stanford returns to the Paracast to talk about his storied almost 60 year career in ufology. Many of you are aware that I personally feel that Ray is probably the most important figure in this field. We will talk about the 50 year anniversary of the Soccoro Case, many of the figures he has known since the early-to-mid 50s and get an update on his diagnostic work. Please ask your QUESTIONS here:

We'll be recording this episode Thursday afternoon, May 14.

Isn't Thursday; May the 15th? And what is the new time-out for being able to edit and delete our posts. I noticed the buttons gone on several posts today.

Question For Ray:

Can you please explain in some detail your position on alien visitation, and to be clear about that, I mean visitation by craft created by beings that are from beyond the boundaries of human civilization, not craft that might belong to secret projects created within our own civilization?

Last edited:
Isn't Thursday; May the 15th? And what is the new time-out for being able to edit and delete our posts. I noticed the buttons gone on several posts today.
Date is fixed.

The time out is adjusted so you cannot just change posting history forever. Once the time expires you need to ask a moderator.

Date is fixed.

The time out is adjusted so you cannot just change posting history forever. Once the time expires you need to ask a moderator.

Let me rephrase: What is the value of the time-out setting before our option to edit or delete is removed? How long do we have?

The ability to edit or delete your own message is capped at two hours. That's long enough to fix the text, or delete the message if you have second thoughts. Again, I'm concerned about people who felt they could erase their posting history days, months or years after the fact. That will no longer happen.

Not surprisingly, there aren't too many questions here, why bother asking questions about his work, we're just going to get the same answer we've been getting for the last two years: it's coming, it's coming, it's coming.

My question is, are you ever going to follow through on your threat to prove one of our former moderators Angelo wrong and actually make some of the film you supposedly have (such as the film of a flying saucer so close up you can "see the inside" that you claimed to have on your last Paracast appearance) available? If not, why should we care one iota about what you're doing if you, Chris and whoever else belongs to the elite ufology club are the only ones who get to see them? Let's be clear, I don't need to see all of it, just a still or two from the film you said you had of the flying saucer close up will suffice. Until then, in my book (and I realize nobody cares but that's the great thing about opinions, everyone can have one whether anyone values it or not) you belong in the same category as your prototypical UFO tall tale tellers like Derrel Simms, Greer, and anyone else who claims to have 100% positive proof of UFO reality and yet, for one ridiculous reason or the other, they refuse to release it. The only thing that differentiates you is that you have made positive contributions to ufology in the past, where they have made none. So, in all seriousness, kudos for that, but lets get real, it's past time to cough up a frame or two.

Before Chris jumps into his rant about "that's not how science is done," well, no shit. You don't go on a major radio program and announce that you have all of this great evidence and then refuse to let anyone but your special friends see it. That's not how science is done and yet that's what Ray did on his last appearance. So let's not play the "Ray's blameless because.... science" game and ask the real question that everyone wants to know: are you ever going to put up, or shut up?

I doubt this will get asked but I had to let this little rant go, I'm so tired of hearing about Ray's "groundbreaking" work that nobody can see but him and his pals.

Last edited:
  1. What are your current thoughts on the nature of the craft seen in the Soccoro case? Do you believe it's extra-terrestrial or is there some other non-human intelligence theory that accounts for the facts better?

2. Based on your many years of research into the UFO field, do you have a theory as to the origin and purpose of the UFOs?

3. Do you believe that the airships of the 1890's and earlier historical sightings of UFOs are related to the modern UFOs?

Do you think that "ball of light" phenomena like the Hessdalen or Brown Mountain lights, where witnesses often feel that there are no material objects involved, are related to the "nuts & bolts" type of UFOs?

Have you ever looked into alleged hauntings and Poltergeist cases, where sometimes similar light phenomena are reported (albeit on a smaller scale)?

There's hundreds of photos and videos of these phenomena, some (Hessdalen) by scientists, they have become tourist attractions in some places and there are historical eyewitness descriptions which clearly describe very similar phenomena in times when there were no car headlights, aircraft etc. Why is there still no official acknowledgement that these phenomena exist and are not just misinterpretations or rare natural phenomena like ball lightning or earthquake lights?

Last edited:
Not surprisingly, there aren't too many questions here, why bother asking questions about his work, we're just going to get the same answer we've been getting for the last two years: it's coming, it's coming, it's coming… My question is, are you ever going to follow through on your threat to prove one of our former moderators Angelo wrong and actually make some of the film you supposedly have (such as the film of a flying saucer so close up you can "see the inside" that you claimed to have on your last Paracast appearance) available? If not, why should we care one iota about what you're doing if you, Chris and whoever else belongs to the elite ufology club are the only ones who get to see them? Let's be clear, I don't need to see all of it, just a still or two from the film you said you had of the flying saucer close up will suffice…I doubt this will get asked but I had to let this little rant go, I'm so tired of hearing about Ray's "groundbreaking" work that nobody can see but him and his pals.
It will get asked. We have no problem giving our lovable whining boo-birds equal time... Oh, and Ray's presentation has not been provided to any "elite ufology club" (I'll ignore the veiled whiny insult) his work has been presented to a wide cross-section of scientists and sincerely interested seekers-of-answers to the "AAO" riddle... :cool:

After over a two-year absence, Ray Stanford returns to the Paracast to talk about his storied almost 60 year career in ufology. Many of you are aware that I personally feel that Ray is probably the most important figure in this field. We will talk about the 50 year anniversary of the Soccoro Case, many of the figures he has known since the early-to-mid 50s and get an update on his diagnostic work. Please ask your QUESTIONS here:

Ray what interesting information have you discovered about alien abductions,
that is not generally known?

The ability to edit or delete your own message is capped at two hours. That's long enough to fix the text, or delete the message if you have second thoughts. Again, I'm concerned about people who felt they could erase their posting history days, months or years after the fact. That will no longer happen.

Uh oh. That's going to be tough. If I see a spelling mistake I made five years ago in a thread no one's interested in any more, I have to correct it or go crazy. Well, maybe that'll teach me checking at least twice before hitting the "post reply" button.

Uh oh. That's going to be tough. If I see a spelling mistake I made five years ago in a thread no one's interested in any more, I have to correct it or go crazy. Well, maybe that'll teach me checking at least twice before hitting the "post reply" button.

Yep. Time to compose in a different app and check for typos. And if in any doubt, delete the text to avoid foot in mouth disease. Which is always a good idea anyway.

If you need to change an old post, just let a moderator know and they'll do it for you.

This settings change was done because a very few people have abused the privilege and deleted their posts wholesale. That's preposterous and it simply messes up a thread because the matter someone is talking about suddenly vanishes. If you delete the first message in a thread, the entire thread, consisting of possibly hundreds of thousands of messages, disappears as well. Do we really want that?

I agree wholeheartedly with Polterwurst. Those spelling mistakes are already gnawing at my brain.

And what will happen following the new Euro ruling that claims, "I'm not the person now I used to be online before"? Because, those old posts where I said that Bigfoot was in league with the aliens to take over the planet and make Greer supreme commander....well I take that all back and want deletions to reflect my new found beliefs regarding sprites, mermaids and Uri Geller's ouija contacts with the true supreme commander, Jim Mosley.

There's the old Dilbert joke about auto-complete changing someone's note to his boss from "Dear Myron..." to "Dear Moron...". :eek: Sometimes a train wreck is just one letter away. ;)

For Ray Stanford: Anything he wants to tell us about his days with automated UFO detectors might be interesting.

Last edited:
Back