• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Rosemary Ellen Guiley?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Rosemary Ellen Guiley will be our guest on the Paracast. As many of you are aware, Ro is one of the paranormal field's most productive writers with over 50 books and six encyclopedias published to-date. She is also a very talented field investigator and she gets my vote as one of our top expert researcher/investigators. I've worked with her on several cases and she is the real deal! She is currently working on a book looking at Portal Areas --location specific sites of paranormal activity.

She has just released her latest book a "Pocket Dream Guide and Dictionary."

"An excellent introduction to interpreting and understanding your dreams. Rosemary Ellen Guiley has led dreamwork groups and workshops since the early 1990s, and has written extensively on dreaming for guidance and spiritual growth. The pocket guide includes a history of the importance of dreaming; techniques for interpreting dreams; tips for improving dream recall; and a dictionary of more than 600 of the most useful, common, and cross-referenced symbols and their possible meanings in dreams.

"Guiley is a former member of the board of directors of the International Association for the Study of Dreams. Her other books on dreams are The Dreamer’s Way: Using Proactive Dreaming for Creativity and Healing; Dreamspeak: How to Understand the Messages in Your Dream; Dreamwork for the Soul: A Spiritual Guide to Dream Interpretation; The Encyclopedia of Dreams: Symbols and Interpretation; and The Tao of Dreaming (co-authored with Sheryl Martin, OMD)."

Post your questions here, and folks--please let's not get bogged down on the Imbrogno tsunami already under the bridge...

Hello Mary Ellen; In all of your vast research conducted through the years, do you see the paranormal in general, regardless of the phenomena such as UFO's or ghosts, as having more of a specific cause such as the djinn or some other supernatural entity? I ask because my wife, who considers herself a sensitive, believes that the ghosts and spirits her and I generally hunt may be something more generalized that actually could, indeed, explain all paranormal events. As a direct result of my wife's changing paradigm, I've started looking more into the UFO field for some clues as to what we experience in the ghost and haunting fields. With your latest book regarding the djinn you seem to be swaying more toward a TOE (Theory of Everything) in which the sourcing for most of what we could call unexplained may be whittled down to a singular cause.

Thoughts?

Jeff.

Hi Ms. Guiley, if the conversation comes to it, is there a way to classify a small hooded being? For reference, the creatures in Star Wars called Jawas came to mind.

1. Was there an own experience that led you to look into the so-called paranormal? (...probably that question is going to be asked anyway, so just to make sure...)

2. In your dream research, did you come across dreams in which deceased people announced their "rebirth" in a soon-to-be-born child? If so, did you follow up on that to see if the child showed any signs reminiscent of that deceased person a few years later? (I used to think dreams were just senseless brain chatter but after recent observations which seem to indicate a case of reincarnation and which do include such a dream, I'm not that sure any more). In the cases investigated by the late Prof. Ian Stevenson it was mostly (if not always) the mother who had that dream (as it was the case with my sister), is that an observation you would agree with?

Oh, and about Carthage ... err, I mean, reincarnation: did you ever look into an alleged case of the same?

Hi Gene , Chris & Ms Guiley ,

1. What's your thoughts on the current Vampire TV/ Movies such as True blood, Twilight etc and any so called real encounters from eyewitness?

2. Thoughts on the fairies and historical folk laws in Celtic Mythology. Classic novels such as the Hobbit has any relation to the folk law of fairy myth.?

3. Finally, what is you most strangest encounter while researching your material and have you experience anything yourself?

Back