• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Red Pill Junkie

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
That outspoken blogger on the paranormal, Red Pill Junkie, will be recording an episode of The Paracast.

We've set the recording session for Saturday January 25, for broadcast first Sunday in Feb.

RPJ says he's "A regular contributor for The Daily Grail, Mysterious Universe, the Intrepid Magazine blog; I collaborate frequently with The Grimerica Show podcast & also lend a little hand on The Gralien Report. But my true forte is that I like to comment on things... a lot ;)"

That's good enough for us. Ask away.

What are your thoughts on near-death experiences (where people claim to have a spiritual experience, and then return, upon nearing death)? I personally think it's worth researching (along with reincarnation).

RPJ, in a recent column, you discussed Steven Greer's media coverage. For the cameras, he puts on a mainstream image, while offstage runs a cult-like UFO organization. If we could send you back in time, what could do to prevent the rise of Greer? And is it too late to do anything about it today?

Can you name paranormal type events that you feel best match the following labels?
Man-made, ET, Supernatural and Hoax.

In the adventures of RPJ on Gray Street, RPJ is duking it out with an alien creature in an underground cave in the vicinity of Brown Mountain, when then suddenly there's a huge gas explosion and the cave walls begin to crumble. Can you give us any clue on the fate of RPJ, and why does it say on Page 14 of Issue 2 that "RPJ is Breaking Bad" :eek: ?

:D

Last edited:
Hey rpj. In regards to the Mexico City UFO waves of the 90s , could such displays have occurred anywhere else? Or is this intrinsically linked to the nature of Mexican culture with its belief systems, mythology and psychological make up. Does this link in with paranormal phenomena having a quantum observer effect, with the experiencer or collective experiencers being an unconscious co-creator or protagonist? Do you see paranormal phenomena as being a normal natural way of getting humans to evolve, a way to kick start change and to break conformity of will and the narrow view of a paradigm. Where can you see this shift in consciousness going?

Peaaaccccce

Last edited:
Do be gentle, Paracasters

6a40b8d5158e611f8e2de34c6a08678e3befda0b3b9d1a41171fa383e1918059.jpg

RPJ, in a recent column, you discussed Steven Greer's media coverage. For the cameras, he puts on a mainstream image, while offstage runs a cult-like UFO organization.

Also, could you please sketch out for those of us not in the know what these offstage operations look like and how he manages to keep the two cleanly separated? (Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere).

Greetings from one compulsive commenter to another.

Do you think there are "any" true photographs of aliens, ghosts, or crypto-creatures on the Internet?
If not, why would that be so given the proliferation of cameras in the modern world?
If you think there are genuine photos available, can you point us to them?

1. inny or outy ??

2. I have always been an advocate of synchronicity...still am....but of late my reading has been focused on the production of dopamine in the brain as it seems that one who has a plentiful supply of it in their system is apt to see patterns all about them. For my part I am also sensitive to the passage of time, i.e. it seems like it's speeding up, and I am fairly lucid in my dreams and have pretty good dream recall. from what I understand these attributes can also be traced to having a healthy supply of dopamine in the system. Also if one has TOO much dopamine in their system they can be susceptible to bouts of schizophrenia which could be responsible for paranormal experiences. DO you have any insight or opinion on this?

Last edited:
Why the fascination with the "unexplained" (with you personally and with many people in general)?

Did you have any experiences yourself which you couldn't explain even after examining them thoroughly? Would you agree that it's illogical to believe in the existence of genuine phenomena without having had an experience like that?

Who do you think does more harm to the field: the debunkers, the hoaxers or the charlatans catering to the true believers?

Is there a demand being created by fans of these fields for new stories, new theories, new alleged phenomena etc.?
Does a genuine phenomenon even stand a chance of being recognized as such in an environment like this?

Would you agree that UFO sightings seem more abundant in Mexico than elsewhere? Could there be a correlation with the paranormal being more accepted in general?

Last edited:
Hey joeyk22,

The interview with Gene & Chris was recorded last Saturday, and naturally not all of the submitted questions could be covered. However, I'd be more than happy to answer the rest of the questions here in the forum :)

Perhaps it'd be best to wait until the episode is properly uploaded?

Hey joeyk22,

The interview with Gene & Chris was recorded last Saturday, and naturally not all of the submitted questions could be covered. However, I'd be more than happy to answer the rest of the questions here in the forum :)

Perhaps it'd be best to wait until the episode is properly uploaded?

Sí, por favor, no derrame la sorpresa

That was courtesy of google translate so the grammer may be off.

What are your thoughts on near-death experiences (where people claim to have a spiritual experience, and then return, upon nearing death)? I personally think it's worth researching (along with reincarnation).

Hey RU, so I'm getting back to this thread to reply to the questions left unanswered during the podcast :)

And let me just say I LOVE that you asked about NDEs, because I've always found them fascinating. And it's no wonder that I eventually found myself being part of a website in which such topics are frequently discussed --my friend & mentor, Greg Taylor, recently wrote a book about the subject titled Stop Worrying: There Probably is an Afterlife. I confess I haven't had the chance to read the whole of it yet, but I've already read portions of it & listened to Greg on interviews both on Mysterious Universe & Skeptiko, and I think his voice is a much needed addition to the discussion of life after death.

Reincarnation? Absolutely, I think the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson & his protegé Dr. Jim Tucker needs further scrutiny & opens a lot of tantalizing possibilities. At the same time I also think we might need to revamp the traditional take on 'past lives', seeing how according to some modern scientific theories the flow of Time itself is nothing but an ILLUSION concocted by your consciousness. In other words both Past, Present & Future are simultaneous & if we think of our past lives, why not consider our future lives as well? ;)

If you want to read more of my ramblings on the subject, check out You’re Not Thinking Fourth-Dimensionally! Why I Don’t (Exactly) Believe In Reincarnation --or just go ahead & rent Cloud Atlas ;)

In the adventures of RPJ on Gray Street, RPJ is duking it out with an alien creature in an underground cave in the vicinity of Brown Mountain, when then suddenly there's a huge gas explosion and the cave walls begin to crumble. Can you give us any clue on the fate of RPJ, and why does it say on Page 14 of Issue 2 that "RPJ is Breaking Bad" :eek: ?

:D
LOL You'd need to take it with Caleb Hanks, bro. Gray Street was his brainchild --or brainspawn-- and in late 2012 he asked me if I wanted to become one of the characters while he expanded on the mythos already concocted by his brother Micah for The Gralien Report podcast.

But you know artists: they tend to be fickle & somewhat inconstant, and now Caleb seems to have moved on to pursue other interests with his current project The Clerk Chronicles. Perhaps some day he'll retake the GS webcomic & let us know whatever happened to me inside that cold deep cave in North Carolina, and whether the whole of my face is still intact! :p

Back