• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Philip Coppens

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Sorry to get this up at the last minute but today, November 1, 2011, we're recording an interview with researcher Philip Coppens, author of "The Ancient Alien Question," a book, sort of in the Von Daniken tradition, covering the possibilities that ET visited us ages ago and perhaps influenced our early civilization.

We'll be watching this thread as the session continues, so feel free to chime in.

Regarding megalithic architecture, what about it points necessarily to ETs? Much has been said of the precision fit of stones in ancient buildings, and some in Peru (Ollantaytambo) have what look like marks from wooden tools in a clay-like medium. I'm curious whether anyone has cut open a building block to looks for hints that the stone was deformed (by acid, sound, heat or something else) sometime after its initial formation--like anomalous strata or grain in sedimentary stone, or oddly oriented crystals or magnetic particles, that wouldn't exist under conditions of normal rock formation.

Regarding the idea that early/ancient man was genetically manipulated by an outside force (ET's, Middle Earth Men, Bog Monsters from the Moon, etc) what new developments/discoveries have been made during the last few years to indicate or support the idea that the human genome was tampered with? Some sort of artificial marker or other abnormalities that would indicate an outside influence or something that the rest of the species on this planet share that we lack (Or we have & they lack) perhaps? I know that most species on Earth share ~90% (Or something like that) of the same genetic structure with just a few tweaks or differences to make the diverse range of species we see.

I'm going off the assumption that now with the mapping of the human genome complete and thousands of scientists in biotech labs studying each gene sequence every day looking for "hidden gems" that they can patent and sell off (Bastards), perhaps something new or interesting has surfaced recently.

Can you name one over-riding factor that leads you to believe in the Ancient Alien theory as opposed to lost advanced purely human civilizations? Places like Puma Punku completely blow my mind, but whose to say it wasn't of purely human construction using laws of physics that we've since lost?...

georgiopumapunku.jpg

What about the alleged secret chamber in the Great Pyramid of Egypt that has been rumored to contain alien artifacts?

Mr Coppen,
I have been watching the tv show ancient aliens since it has began. I struggle with exploring some of the theories I have seen posed to the public and am very concerned of this type of speculation retarding the gains that investigators have achieved over the past 2 decades.That said,I wonder if visiting these angles are benefiting the advancement of knowing what these are,and where these anomolies come from? I understand history and understand knowing the past is beneficial to humans, however I myself would be asking different questions about our past. Let me finish with saying the ancient alien theory is very entertaining.

The Wester

Can you name one over-riding factor that leads you to believe in the Ancient Alien theory as opposed to lost advanced purely human civilizations? Places like Puma Punku completely blow my mind, but whose to say it wasn't of purely human construction using laws of physics that we've since lost?

Not only the construction of Puma Punku is mind boggling but its destruction as well. What destroyed it? A natural disaster?

Back