• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Nick Redfern

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Nicks latest book is "Keep Out! -- Top secret places governments don't want you to know about."

We've scheduled Nick to record a session about the new book on January 4, 2012, so ask away. And by the way, the book is not all about UFOs and Area 51. That's only a part of it, and some of those secret places can be downright frightening according to Nick.

i have a question for Nick Redfern. I am about 2/3rds of the way through the "Area 51" book by annie jacobsen and the one overwhelming question that keeps nattering at me is how did she manage to get this information when no one else has been able to do so? Given that her information is credible, from the citations quoted, how can Nick explain how she may have gotten the information and what is his thoughts on the book as a whole.

I'm going to assume that Nick has taken a wider view than just the US for this book. I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on some UK locations:

- has he heard of anything located around (or under) the Isle of Wight off the south of England in the Solent? Having been there a few times myself and reading a feature on it in the now defunct UK UFO magazine, I'd appreciate any further information he could bring to light on it.

- excluding the capital cities and Birmingham and Manchester, are there any strange/secret places hidden in any other cities in the UK that are of interest? ... and worth a visit.

- what's Nick's scariest and most 'secretive' places he would suggest for the UK?

- with cutbacks coming for the MoD and other agencies, does he think that a policy of 'mothballing' may come into play or do these locations receive preferential treatment for funding?

- how is the split for secret locations formed? Military(RAF/Navy, Army) / private industrial. Are private owned locations on the rise?

- during researching the locations, did he ever hit 'paydirt' by obtaining blueprints or planning submissions sourced via local councils or libraries and similar bodies? (I've always thought this to be a weakness for the Establishment)

- can a location ever really be secret? I'm just thinking that once the locals get to hear of something, it then becomes an exercise in keeping the contents/ work of the location as closed as possible and not the location itself.

- is there a worldwide 'top 5' list of secret regions that has changed over time as populations have migrated and expanded. .i.e. places that might once have been an ideal location are no longer as viable due to encroaching populations. Is Australia or Africa or perhaps Antartica the preferred location at the moment?

- I'm guessing the book only covers a small list of the locations worldwide, so does his research have an indicative number of possible 'known unknown' locations? Do we know about just the 'tip of the iceberg' locations or has the web helped to shrink the world for the secretive establishments as well?

- Last wild question. Does he think there are secret locations used by humans off this planet?

Cheers,
Bb

Back