• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Lamont Wood?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Wood has written a fascinating book titled: Out of Place in Time and Space and he will be interviewed next Tuesday morning. Please post your questions here...
There are many examples of technology and beliefs appearing decades--even centuries before they supposedly originated.
The Apollo Program was outlined a century before it happened.
A painting from the Middle Ages shows a flying toy helicopter.
We've found ancient Greek computers and heard stories of Roman death rays.
The Pacific Front of World War II wasdescribed 16 years before the war started.

The existence and documentation of these and many other events and anomalies impossibly ahead of their time are beyond dispute.
Out of Place in Time and Space
delves deeply into these impossibilities, showcasing:

Objects, beliefs, and practices from the present that show up in the past, long before they were supposedly invented.
Personal careers that appear to have been founded on knowlege of the future.
Roman-era machines that were hundreds of years ahead of their time
UFOs, never officially documented in any time period, yet still showing up in medieval paintings.

In one of your other posts, Chris, you discuss "Do YOU have an "Anti-Creativity Bias?"". We often look back in our [western] history -- the Inquisition comes to mind -- and say, "... look how the establishment e.g. Church, government etc., restricted people's thoughts and controlled their ability to think creatively."

That said; many of these 'anachronistic anomalies', out of place or time inventions, were discovered (or rediscovered) in those 'unenlightened' times. Today creativity in the fringes of science continually comes under the scrutiny of the scientific method and many creative ideas are at first ignored, ridiculed or suppressed. Would it be fair to say that today "science" and its established foothold in the mainstream can as much an hindrance to the creative mind -- than those aforementioned oppressors of old?

Just a quick Note: I had heard Mr. Wood on another 'paranormal' podcast and there is no "time travel' involved in his book -- just observations of what 'appear' to be anomalies. I did look up the child's helicopter and it appears that this was an invention of the Chinese -- not a time travelling space alien planting anomalies on Saviours.

i don't know if this question is connected to what the guest is reasearching and it may come off as kind of abstract, but i once read one of john keel's articles ( i forgot which one but i think it was a collection of his writings ) about a coin that was found that had a futuristic date on it and the likeness of a person that as of that time would have no reason for being on a coin

for some reason i was really fascinated but this (even if it was a hoax) but i've had a hard time finding the article either in original form or the book i read it in, for that matter if any paracasters know about this pls. reply. thnx

Question to Mr. Lamont. When we think about out of place & time objects usually it's about objects found in the past - Baghdad Battery and so on. Are there any contemporary examples of something that should not exist today? Apart from iPhone 4 :)

What does he think about the Saqqara Bird that was discovered in Egypt that seems much more like a model of a plane and not a bird and also the hieroglyphics in Abydos depicting a modern helicopter?

Back