• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Jason Offutt

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Author Jason Offutt is returning to talk about his new book, "What Lurks Beyond: The Paranormal in Your Backyard."

It focuses on paranormal events of all kinds within 100 miles of his home.

If you folks have questions to offer, let us know.

The recording session is scheduled for August 17th, from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM Pacific. We work a tight schedule — and the broadcast will be on August 29th. The co-host will be Nick Redfern.

Author Jason Offutt is returning to talk about his new book, "What Lurks Beyond: The Paranormal in Your Backyard."

It focuses on paranormal events of all kinds within 100 miles of his home.

If you folks have questions to offer, let us know.

The recording session is scheduled for August 17th, from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM Pacific. We work a tight schedule — and the broadcast will be on August 29th. The co-host will be Nick Redfern.

I'd love to know if he has anything with regards to actual proof that he can provide - something that can change the mind of a skeptic like me :). I live in an area that is apparently a paranormal hot spot (Mont Saint-Hilaire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and after several years of living there i have seen absolutely nothing that changes my mind.

Hi Gene & Nick Drop by on the Paracast Forum and maybe let Paracast members ask you some questions on your great research?)

Q.1 Mr Jason Offutt, why do you think 'paranormal events' happen in such confined spaces such homes, bedrooms and gardens (abductions, poltergeists and sightings) etc.

Q.2 Mr Jason Offutt, , whats your most terrifying experiences when encountering your research and have these strange awareness followed you home?

Cheers,
Blowfish:)

I find Jason Offutt's reports on the black-eyed people phenomenon interesting. Therefore, I would be really interested to know what his personal thoughts are on the origins of these reports. Does he believe genuine non-human entities to be involved? If so, what sort of entity does he think they may be? What's the earliest record he has of the phenomenon being reported?

I found Jason's Shadow People book quite frustrating. From what I remember, it mainly came across as a bunch of scary Halloween stories with no real substance to any of it. Enjoyable enough, but lightweight.

Could you please ask him what lengths he goes to to check his sources and the background to peoples' accounts? And whether he's had any experiences himself? His journalistic background has led to a style of writing that I sometimes feel (perhaps unfairly) concentrates on creating a good story ahead of presenting convincing evidence and detail.

Back