• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Dolan

OK, back to the thread, Questions for Dolan. I have a few.

1) In your opinion is there an organized grand cabal of ETH secret keepers. If so, who are they and why do they keep the secret?
2) Are humans in possession of of alien spacecraft and if so are we actively back engineering them? If so, have we been successful?
3) Did Ike meet with aliens?
4) Do "men in black" exist and if so who are they?
5) Who should be the defacto public face of Ufology and why?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

As long as I get credited for the goal on this one.

Lance
Sure if interjecting noise into the Roswell quagmire floats your boat, then ding ding ding, GOAL!

it has been said that a tape was purchased from a toy making company and that this tape had purple symbols on it. To the best of my knowledge nobody has ever been able to conclusively prove this or provide an example of the tape in question. They can not even identify the company they supposedly purchased the tape from. Marcel Jr.'s daughter has done some intensive searching for such tape and has come up empty handed. Or at least this is my recollection.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Here is the rub though, and let me be clear I think the Roswell case is the biggest black hole in Ufology, Even if Jesse Marcel Sr. had mis-interpreted this material (rubber ballon pieces, balsa wood struts, toy tape, and foil with paper backing) it passed through the hands of several others spawning at least 1 and possibly 2 unscheduled flights to Dallas. It should be obvious that Marcel didn't decide to contact higher authorities in Dallas or Wright Field himself but that he brought it to his superiors, they viewed the material and decided it was significant enough to move it up the chain, schedule a flight, and release a press statement. I find it impossible to believe that the Army decided to populate the only Nuclear Bomb Wing in the world with so many morons that between them they couldn't recognize rubber, balsa wood, tape, and foil.

I have no idea what was found and we will never know for sure. That much is certain. But to make Marcel and his faulty testimony the causation enough for tossing the story out is disingenuous. Although the book Witness to Roswell has flaws some of the best work is in the timeline reconstruction. Specifically, Gen. Ramey issuing statements to the press that it was a weather ballon before the plane with Marcel and the debris landed. The guy hadn't even seen the material yet. Even to the most ardent of skeptics, this has to bother you.

The documentary that Lance referred to below, is were i got my information from. The Roswell saucer story is a cause for concern Ron, but i agree there is still many lingering questions that remain unanswered. But Lance does have a valid point. Marcel claimed Photographers took pictures of the Debris found at the Ranch. This comment if anyone is interested was Made by Marcel in the Documentary UFO's are real (part5) around half way playing, and it is only a short clip. But everyone should, but the people who are deaf be able to grasp and understand the implications of what Marcel said. For me that comment is telling, it is an indication Marcel was revering to the public photo's snapped by reporters, not the photos taken by the military, which we have no evidence for, other then a claim to a possibility they could have?

The Paracast is a Community of UFO Skeptics and Believers. And i do not speak for everyone, when i say this, but i am now contemplating the truthfulness of Jesse Marcel's claim what crashed at Roswell was a Flying Saucer!! I undertook some revision of the case last night. And I am less than convinced, the Flying saucer as was reported in the Newspapers of the time, is what crashed at Roswell.
Virtually all the Eyewitnesses who can be trusted, claim the object resembled a kite. A kite, normally resembles a "Diamond" or "Triangle" in shape. So if the reports are correct the object was mostly triangle in shape, not a circular object hence not a saucer!! Marcel and Brazel both claim they object resembled a "kite like object" Therefore this would not remove the possibility of a Mogul balloon having crashed at Roswell. The Mogul balloon was made up of nine separate triangular segments so a kite like object would fit the description given in 1947.

I believe Rendlesham Forest Incident of 1980 and the Cosford Incident of 1993 are by far better cases then Roswell. Least we have documentation and a paper trail record from the MOD, that do indicate there was an intrusion into British Airspace from unknown objects. Nick Pope made a comment before that the British Foreign office formally asked the United States, when the Cosford incident occurred. Is the United States Air force testing secret craft over British Airspace. The answer back was No. I believe Nick also said the United States asked the British are you flying secret craft over your Airspace. Same answer NO

I do not know, who asked first and when. But this a good indication that maybe the British and American Government are either out of the loop to something happening especially domestically within the United States ,or it is what it is!!! An intrusion from objects unknown, that do belong to any government or entity or group anywhere in the World. Which then puts those objects into a forbidden category, that some people on the forums here will not accept. Those objects were of non human manufacture.

You have illustrated exactly why Roswell should be considered a dead topic in Ufology. It leads nowhere and in the end you are stuck deciding which set of "facts" you want to follow.

...i am now contemplating the truthfulness of Jesse Marcel's claim what crashed at Roswell was a Flying Saucer!
As well you should. Marcel was an old man when he made these statements. He contradicted himself many times on more than just this note. However, on the flip side Marcel was not the only guy involved. Stop and think about it for a while and you will see that there was something (I am not suggesting UFO's or Aliens as the only "thing") anomalous going on. Major Jesse Marcel was sent out with another guy (Sheridan Cavitt) to get material and bring it back.

Virtually all the Eyewitnesses who can be trusted, claim the object resembled a kite. A kite, normally resembles a "Diamond" or "Triangle" in shape. So if the reports are correct the object was mostly triangle in shape, not a circular object hence not a saucer!! Marcel and Brazel both claim they object resembled a "kite like object" Therefore this would not remove the possibility of a Mogul balloon having crashed at Roswell. The Mogul balloon was made up of nine separate triangular segments so a kite like object would fit the description given in 1947.

Cavitt cant be trusted either. If you throw out Marcels testimony for inaccuracy you have to do the same with Cavitt. He claimed he wasn't in Roswell at the time, then that he was there but didn't go out the site with Marcel, then when Col. Weaver put out his book Cavitt was suddenly out at the site, but now with Lewis Rickett, and is quoted as saying it was a small weather ballon. You should look up his interview and since you have already looked up info on the MOGUL system tell me if that sounds the same. In fact, here is the quote for the Air Forces book.

"Well, there again I couldn’t swear to the dates, but in that time, which must have been July, we heard that someone had found some debris out not to far from Roswell and it looked suspicious; it was unidentified. So, I went out and I do not recall whether Marcel went with Rickett and me; I had Rickett with me. We went out to his site. There were no, as I understand, checkpoints or anything like that (going through guards and that sort of garbage) we went out there and we found it. It was a small amount of, as I recall, bamboo sticks, reflective sort of material that would, well at first glance, you would probably think it was aluminum foil, something of that type. And we gathered up some of it. I don’t know where we even tried to get all of it. It wasn’t scattered, well, what I would call, you know, extensively. Like it didn’t go along the ground and splatter off some here and some there. We gathered up some of it and took it back to the base and I remember I had turned it over to Marcel. As I say, I do not remember whether Marcel was there or not on the site. He could have been. We took it back to the intelligence room... in the CIC office"

Rickett's story sides more with Marcel's.

DuBoise has said something to the effect that there was a coverup and he was ordered by the pentagon to get the press off their backs, so he and Ramey made up the balloon statement. Friedman talks about this in about a hundred interviews as it has now made it into his normal Roswell presentation. DuBoise also says that the actual debris was switched but he was never allowed to see it.

So exactly who are the ones we can trust? Thats the thing, there is no real truth in any of this. It's too convoluted and polarizing. All I maintain is that it was not a simple weather balloon and I doubt it was MOGUL. Thats all I think I know. believe me, I have been down every dark alley of that particular case more times than I care to remember. It all leads nowhere.

You have illustrated exactly why Roswell should be considered a dead topic in Ufology. It leads nowhere and in the end you are stuck deciding which set of "facts" you want to follow.

As well you should. Marcel was an old man when he made these statements. He contradicted himself many times on more than just this note. However, on the flip side Marcel was not the only guy involved. Stop and think about it for a while and you will see that there was something (I am not suggesting UFO's or Aliens as the only "thing") anomalous going on. Major Jesse Marcel was sent out with another guy (Sheridan Cavitt) to get material and bring it back.

Cavitt cant be trusted either. If you throw out Marcels testimony for inaccuracy you have to do the same with Cavitt. He claimed he wasn't in Roswell at the time, then that he was there but didn't go out the site with Marcel, then when Col. Weaver put out his book Cavitt was suddenly out at the site, but now with Lewis Rickett, and is quoted as saying it was a small weather ballon. You should look up his interview and since you have already looked up info on the MOGUL system tell me if that sounds the same. In fact, here is the quote for the Air Forces book.

"Well, there again I couldn’t swear to the dates, but in that time, which must have been July, we heard that someone had found some debris out not to far from Roswell and it looked suspicious; it was unidentified. So, I went out and I do not recall whether Marcel went with Rickett and me; I had Rickett with me. We went out to his site. There were no, as I understand, checkpoints or anything like that (going through guards and that sort of garbage) we went out there and we found it. It was a small amount of, as I recall, bamboo sticks, reflective sort of material that would, well at first glance, you would probably think it was aluminum foil, something of that type. And we gathered up some of it. I don’t know where we even tried to get all of it. It wasn’t scattered, well, what I would call, you know, extensively. Like it didn’t go along the ground and splatter off some here and some there. We gathered up some of it and took it back to the base and I remember I had turned it over to Marcel. As I say, I do not remember whether Marcel was there or not on the site. He could have been. We took it back to the intelligence room... in the CIC office"

Rickett's story sides more with Marcel's.

DuBoise has said something to the effect that there was a coverup and he was ordered by the pentagon to get the press off their backs, so he and Ramey made up the balloon statement. Friedman talks about this in about a hundred interviews as it has now made it into his normal Roswell presentation. DuBoise also says that the actual debris was switched but he was never allowed to see it.

So exactly who are the ones we can trust? Thats the thing, there is no real truth in any of this. It's too convoluted and polarizing. All I maintain is that it was not a simple weather balloon and I doubt it was MOGUL. Thats all I think I know. believe me, I have been down every dark alley of that particular case more times than I care to remember. It all leads nowhere.

Which version of the story should we believe the is the problem in a nutshell. Your so correct.

UFO researchers like Stanton Friedman and Kevin Randle are convinced the crash debris was switched in Gen Ramey's office which Major Marcel does confirm in the interview he done with Stanton in "UFOs are Real" But it still begs the question was Marcel influenced by these researchers to say that? 'No switch No cover up!!! Kevin Randle does admit the photos with Marcel only show parts of a balloon-borne radar reflector.

What we can confirm without the need for too much research. Is that Mac Brazel brought his daughter Bessie to the crash site. Mac Brazel and his daughter both have alleged they gathered up some of the crash debris into sacks, and stored it at the ranch.Which was later confiscated by the Military.

Bessie in 1994 said in a letter that the Roswell official Photographs.

"That the debris in the Roswell photographs does look like the debris we found out in the ranch"

So we do have conflicting stories happening throughout the Roswell story. Here Ron, is Bessie's version of what she saw out there at the crash site.

"The debris looked like large pieces of a balloon which had burst. The pieces were small, the largest I remember measuring about the same diameter as a basketball. Most of it a kind of was double-sided material, foil like on one side and rubber like on the other. Sticks, like kite sticks, were attached to some to some of the pieces with a whitish tape. The tape was about two or three inches wide and had flower designs on it. The flowers were faint, a variety of pastel colours. The foil-rubber material could not be torn like ordinary aluminum foil"

Let us now look at the testimony of Jesse Marcel jr . He alleged his father brought home some of the material from the wreckage. Jesse jr'.. I saw, a number of geometric symbols along one piece of the debris. I believe some of the shapes had a purple colour!! Is this just a coincidence that Major Jesse Marcel and son, saw coloured patterns and Mac Brazel and his Daughter Bessie and Son Bill saw coloured patterns too?

The only difference, i see in all these accounts, is the interpretation of what the symbols looked like, what they mean, and what type of material those symbols were etched into. Well we do know "Mogul" balloons were tested not far from Roswell in 1947 and it was top level classified project, until it was declassified in the 1970's, and there was a tape attached to the Mogul Balloons, of flowery patterns that were mostly purple in colour.

So re-analysing the evidence once more. Jesse Marcel junior said in public many times 'Purple was the colour of some of the shapes, and we know part of the Mogul Balloon, had a tape of Purple flowery shapes. We must avoid being convenient and some will claim the debris from the craft had purple shapes( that explains it) I'm not trying to be controversial, but which is more plausible to you?

I have no stake in believing in this case being true or not. UFO researchers like Stanton and Kevin do. That is the problem, they will avoid questions like Lance asked, because it will show them up as being bad researchers, who are willing to believe some of the evidence, while leaving some the evidence out that is contradictory to their argument. It sad to see Researchers who frequent this site not giving their opinion, since Roswell is the grand daddy of all UFO cases for some.

The fact still remains Marcel said part of the debris was pictured in the photo taken by Photographers. Photos that are in the public dominion can not me switched. So point me, anyone to were you can see material that would be be different to balloon material? Ron i believe Cavitt was mostly like there going on the information that i have read. I was just doing some research for this posting, a while ago, what i found concerning Rickett is more opinion then fact. So i am reluctant to comment further on what he saw.

Sorry, but I am late to join in this thread. Does this thread exist because Dolan is coming back to the Paracast soon? Or is it more just questions that you all would like answered by him, somewhere, someday?

Sorry, but I am late to join in this thread. Does this thread exist because Dolan is coming back to the Paracast soon? Or is it more just questions that you all would like answered by him, somewhere, someday?

I don't know...ask Gene what he's got on the schedule. I figured Dolan would be back eventually.

Nick Redfern, Gene and I are conducting the interview with him tonight.

Guess it's too late to suggest asking why Mr. Dolan would risk injuring his credibility in the eyes of whomever by going on SyFy to investigate the Montauk Project fairytale.

[And along the same lines, questions concerning his giving such a lengthy accounting of Ingo Swann's adventuring in 'Penetration' in the second volume]

Back