• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Colin Bennett

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
On Tuesday, May 31, we'll be recording a session with Colin Bennett, whose book, "Flying Saucers Over the White House," a biography of the late Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, has recently been reissued.

As most of you know, Captain Ruppelt was a head of the Air Force Project Blue Book in the early 1950s, and is credited with coining the phrase "Unidentified Flying Object" or UFO.

This will be a fascinating session, and we welcome your questions.

I have several of Bennett's books (including "An American Demonology" which is subtitled "Flying Saucers over the White House"). I generally enjoy reading him, but he could be accused of having a small number of good ideas which he sort of beats to death.

Er, I guess none of this is a question...

Part of the reason for secrecy and sham investigations by Blue Book was to conceal military projects. What cases of UFO sightings have been explained as secret Air Force projects?

Hi Gene & Chris and Mr Colin Bennett,

Q.1 Mr Bennett could you recall the UFO (which I think you might of said it was a shape of a WW2 Lancaster Bomber in the 1960s ?

Q.2 Mr Bennett , Gene and Chris your most strangest encounters with the wow wow field:)

Q.3 What's your thoughts on the lastest Roswell Story and the Bentwaters Case?
Also have you ever herd of any other British UFO Crash or Landing Cases during the 1940-50s?

Well this should be anything but boring. Bennett is an interesting character, with lots to say. I particularly enjoyed his relatively brief sojourn at the old UFO Updates list several years ago. Fox in a henhouse! He probably still has scars from the pitchforks and brickbats. The place hasn't been the same since. He was civil and courteous as I recall, but he just kept rattling off one heresy after another until the lynch mob found 'em a rope.

His books are fun and interesting, too. I'm looking forward to hearing him and Chris discuss things tricksterish. I'm pretty sure there is a trickster or two in Bennett's family tree.

Not many people in the UFO field have dared to deal head-on with what I have come to think of as the "theatrical" aspect of alien encounters. That's fertile and interesting ground, and Bennett has done some good work there. One part of the UFO universe that makes no sense to me at all except as theater (or even camp) is the Men In Black phenomenon. I'd be very interested to hear what he thinks of the MIB reports. Maybe he has some good ones we haven't heard.

My question:

Millions of people have smartphones that are able to shoot HD video. With so many cameras out in the wild, why are there no good photos or videos of UFOs? Or at least none that leave nothing to the imagination.

Back