• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Q and A on symbols and their meaning

After looking at the following diagrams posed out of the rendlesham incident.

Craft-Symbols_Rend.jpg

If you examine the Triangle in the Circle, with the two globes.
It struck me as weights, i.e. force.

Assuming that in second(below) depiction,

That the triangle is equilateral in a circle (i.e. 60deg).

If we take the diameter of the circle as say, 6 units (dimensions not important).
and we cut the equilateral triangle by 3 splits into 3 pie segments from the centre (of both the circle and the triangle). i.e. 3 sets of isoceles triangles.
We know that the length of the 3 splits=radius of the circle (3 units).

Solving for the rest, that the bottom length of the iso triangle, is 2(3x sin 30deg) = 5.2

And the area of the Eq. Triangle = 11.7

cf. to the area of the circle = nR2 = 28.3

consequently, ratio of Tri:Circ = 1:2.4
Which is represented in the weight of the other circles.

How Paterson came up with that on the spur of the moment is quite remarkable, not only that but they lie directly opposite to one another, as you would expect if an object is in stationary position.

What I am trying to say that it seems that the symbols represent balance.
And would be interested in finding out whether these symbols could change depending on the orientation/angle vector and direction of the craft?

Additionally with the sorocco case, does this represent tripod deployed?

http://ufos.homestead.com/symbol.jpg

Attachments

• socorro.gif
    socorro.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 75
That triangle is not equilateral. Not even close. That leads to two questions:

1) Is it supposed to be and it's just badly drawn?

2) If that's the case, how inaccurately drawn are the rest of the symbols?

Speaking as someone who has studied japanese, I would point out that trying to understand a symbolic language created right here on earth by fellow humans is already next to impossible without proper explanation from a native speaker, so trying to divine the meaning of alien symbols with no context is essentially hopeless.

The Socorro symbol is an arrows, or looks like one, the other symbol looks like an A with circles around. And I with CapnG, without some kind of guide or hint, we can't know what they mean (if they mean something). Even the Rosseta's stone had a Greek part who was used to decypher the rest.

I'm afraid that CapnG is right. That triangle is definitely not equilateral. And the two circles in the circle looks more like a 3d view of a binary star to me ... if indeed you can call it a binary star and not just a couple of circles on a circle with a triangle attached :D.

Otherwise ... that may be a stylised homonid or something ... 4th along at top. And a saxophone (2nd left) ... maybe a breadboard at the end??? :D

Difficult to make sense of any of it otherwise I think as CapnG says without context and many more "symbols" to play with.

The other thing to remember is that symbolic languages change over time. Often a symbol becomes refined or simplified in some way so that it retains the core meaning but is easier to read or write. Without knowing what details have been refined/omitted and WHY it becomes even harder to work out the symbols meaning, making almost ANY explanation valid.

Here, let me reach up my ass and pull out a demonstration:

The bottom symbol depicts a small sphere connected to a hollow circle surrounding a larger sphere. It therefore depicts a single large moon in orbit around a planet. The planet (larger sphere) is contained within a triangle representing the number 3, it is therefore the third planet (earth) which coincidently has one moon that is relatively large compared to the parent planet. The symbol is obviously a co-ordniate marker, designating the ship/probe as being assigned to monitor earth.

That triangle is not equilateral. Not even close. That leads to two questions:

1) Is it supposed to be and it's just badly drawn?

2) If that's the case, how inaccurately drawn are the rest of the symbols?

Speaking as someone who has studied japanese, I would point out that trying to understand a symbolic language created right here on earth by fellow humans is already next to impossible without proper explanation from a native speaker, so trying to divine the meaning of alien symbols with no context is essentially hopeless.

Obviously the witness that drew this wasn't using a set square and compass at the time - and how the image as been polluted/embossed over the years increases the error of representation so the question needs to be reflected back on them.

The rest of the symbols, in particular the top section - appears to be a language/heiroglyph/logo (but I am no language expert) - the second symbol with no regular symmetry is the most unusual in its context (maybe a Q in scrabble)?

The one below, tri in circ. Appears more indicative, Symbolic - and too complex for language. Again, whether it is equilateral tri or not does not seem relevant.
But, it carries more information.

The next question, must be if you need to indicate something (external) of a vessel - what is most useful?

Obviously, it is not a message aimed at us to tell us the life story and the answers to what we want to know (that is not the intent), if it was, we would know it.

My reasoning suggests, that anything external to the vessel - including its occupants or adjacent neighbours needs to know it manouvere and position - similarly to any mobile object that we use, car,ship,plane.

The symbol, compass like, with a triangular orientation and two counterbalance "weights" or forces" can indicate its position, speed and angle of flight all at the same time.

It could also be true, that it may be a logo or flag - but I think, such cultural primitiveness would not be necessary.
Identifying its a vessel coordinated to a particular region, also reveals information thats not relevant for much use - similarly, flashing signals that text "FOG" on the highway on a foggy day - insults anybodies intellect!!

The point it it's ALL assumption. What's "logical" to you is gibberish to someone else and vice-versa. Just look around your computer screen at all the little symbols. Circles, arrows, Xs, boxes, a little house... how would you ever know what they mean if you hadn't been taught?

Answer: You wouldn't.

In the case of the Rendlesham object, it's impossible to know and they could literally mean ANYTHING, from the deepest secrets of the universe to the words "Property of Alpha Centauri Probes Inc".

Sorry, but that IS an equilateral triangle, otherwise you couldn't draw a circle around it and get all three points to touch. An equilateral triangle in a circle.

A) That's simply not true.

B) It's definately not and I'll prove it to you right now: look at the sections of circle to the left and right of the triangle. Same size, right? See how the bottom one is smaller? Therefore not equalateral.

To paraphrase Dr. Peter Venkman: "Back off man, I'm a graphic artist!"

But why they put a triangle in the middle:confused:

Still talking in nothing more than opinion here, but... because triangles, and threes are the ultimate form of balance. Life is NOT duality... there is no black and white, there are also grays. If you can understand and balance the black, white and gray areas, then you are somewhere near an imperfect perfection.... or something.

I do think anyone can really get a handle on the symbols meaning unless you understood what this symbols mean to them. The triangle and circle had different meanings to my ancestors in the distant past, today it has different meaning the triangle and circle to my culture.I Guess every culture around the world has there own take on what this symbols mean.

Here are some quick aircraft markings from good 'ol man made aircraft.

markings3xj.png

Or some other symbols.

istockphoto_205681_uk_road_signs_basic_junctions.jpg

NumberedAtheistSymbols-1.jpg

What am I to draw from these. "Hmmm, these beings must have a language based in geometry."

As has been discussed before, it is cool to speculate, but we need context to hope to divine meaning.

Back