• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Psychic Ability.

Here's a simple telepathy test:

Pair yourself up with someone via an Instant Messenger Program.

One of you chooses a concept to attempt to make the other person aware of.

The receiver types something for the sender to see. Simple.

It may prove useful to agree, previous to the test, on the way that the sender is going to refer to the receiver in the attempt to get the receiver to recognise the transmission. e.g. by which name.

If you just want to practice then you could allow yourself to keep typing more words until the sender confirms a hit. Highly unscientific but fun, at least.

By the by, I not sure what the point is of testing people who have not already attempted to practice telepathy or have no particular enthusiasm for the idea: if a skill is not developed then, usually, you will not be any good at it.

Here's a simple telepathy test:

Pair yourself up with someone via an Instant Messenger Program.

One of you chooses a concept to attempt to make the other person aware of.

The receiver types something for the sender to see. Simple.

It may prove useful to agree, previous to the test, on the way that the sender is going to refer to the receiver in the attempt to get the receiver to recognise the transmission. e.g. by which name.

If you just want to practice then you could allow yourself to keep typing more words until the sender confirms a hit. Highly unscientific but fun, at least.

By the by, I not sure what the point is of testing people who have not already attempted to practice telepathy or have no particular enthusiasm for the idea: if a skill is not developed then, usually, you will not be any good at it.

Some people claim everyone is psychic to some degree. I was testing this with the experiment on myself. I used myself in the experiment because I don't consider myself "a psychic", and plus, self proclaimed psychics mostly chickened out.

One of the ways to train yourself is by testing and doing experiments. It's like a guitarist practicing or a vocalist listening to his/herself on tape.

Wow. I don't know what to say to this.

We're in complete agreement on this.

Good luck. As someone who works in the field, I was trying to suggest ways that you might be able to quantify your psychic ability and possibly develop it. But you didn't ask for my advice and I'm sure you will find what works best for you.

Your commentary tells me that you're offended that I didn't ask for your advice. Which tells me a few other things about you. I wouldn't ask for your advice for those reasons alone.

Stillborn, I can't figure out whether you thought that I was aiming the final sentence in my previous post at anyone/someone who has commented in this thread. Simply, it was just a passing thought and was not intended to appear relevant to anyone else's comments.

As far as the idea of practice goes surely, it's got to make sense.

I, occasionally, wonder how many people are put off testing on an amateur basis because of the many instances of people banging on about scientific methods and laboratory conditions.

If you arrange to do your testing with trustworthy aquaintances then various facets of laboratory-type tests do not have to be part of the test structure.

However, if one is seriously interested in mathematical analysis of the results then the test structure is important. So, obviously, is the need to recruit someone who can do the math!

Mr. Allison, I'm wondering whether you are more interested in a more relaxed and frivolous approach to your testing or whether you would be more comfortable with a more sophisticated approach. Or perhaps you could do both.

If you get Stillborn to test you is there any chance of you giving out the results?

Stillborn, I can't figure out whether you thought that I was aiming the final sentence in my previous post at anyone/someone who has commented in this thread. Simply, it was just a passing thought and was not intended to appear relevant to anyone else's comments.

I, occasionally, wonder how many people are put off testing on an amateur basis because of the many instances of people banging on about scientific methods and laboratory conditions.

If you arrange to do your testing with trustworthy aquaintances then various facets of laboratory-type tests do not have to be part of the test structure.

However, if one is seriously interested in mathematical analysis of the results then the test structure is important. So, obviously, is the need to recruit someone who can do the math!

Mr. Allison, I'm wondering whether you are more interested in a more relaxed and frivolous approach to your testing or whether you would be more comfortable with a more sophisticated approach. Or perhaps you could do both.

If you get Stillborn to test you is there any chance of you giving out the results?

The casual approach has been interesting which is why I'm more interested in the more formal approach, with some scientific conditions involved.

I didn't take offense.

I gave out the results.

Does that mean there are results available for perusal?

Not sure what you mean by per usual sorry. Do my results fall in accordance with other research that has been done? Some. Is it ok to reference them? Yes. Not sure what good it will do. Some guy over the net (me) making a claim about test he's done, there isn't much use you can make out of that. I did it for personal reasons. Similar to what Tommy appears to want to do.

Your commentary tells me that you're offended that I didn't ask for your advice. Which tells me a few other things about you. I wouldn't ask for your advice for those reasons alone.

You're really misreading me.

I've participated in a lot of forums and never had this problem before, so I'm just gonna back off.

Plus he might charge you for it.

I'm not a he.

There are many reasons why I charge for a lot of the psychic work I do. I would be happy to go into why, if you all are curious. But really I don't understand where the snideness comes from. You know next to nothing about me or my work.

I'm a little confounded by the response I've gotten from some of the posters here. People were asking questions about psychic ability. I jumped in because it's an area in which I have expertise, and because I thought people would be interested and we could have a good discussion.

I know that my perspective is different from the prevalent one here, but I've been really surprised by the seeming lack of curiosity and the apparent hostility. I don't know what to make of it. It's disappointing.

Give it time, Gen, for some reason it is okay to talk about some things and be completely accepted, while others still have a "show me" reaction.

Apparently, psychic abilities are currently in the 'show me' category... for now!
I know it seems like a contradiction to have the forum accept unverified claims of ufo sightings from its participants, and be very skeptical about a claim of psychic abilities, but I have found this is a site that leans heavily toward the ufo phenomenon and less so towards the psychic area of human experience.

Give it time, Gen, for some reason it is okay to talk about some things and be completely accepted, while others still have a "show me" reaction.

Apparently, psychic abilities are currently in the 'show me' category... for now!
I know it seems like a contradiction to have the forum accept unverified claims of ufo sightings from its participants, and be very skeptical about a claim of psychic abilities, but I have found this is a site that leans heavily toward the ufo phenomenon and less so towards the psychic area of human experience.

Annette, I don't have any problems with people saying they're psychic. It's the attitude that I don't particularly care for. This is coming from someone who repeatedly rubs people the wrong way.

Gen,
I think another reason people get hostile is because there are so many hoaxers and fakes out there and they might be judging you because you make money doing this.

I am not one of those BTW at this point in reading your posts. I actually do have a question for you. How can you personally tell a prophetic dream from a regular or lucid dream. I am making an assumption here. Also what smells seem to be easier to pick up psychically?

Annette, I don't have any problems with people saying they're psychic. It's the attitude that I don't particularly care for. This is coming from someone who repeatedly rubs people the wrong way.

Thats kinda the way I feel about DerekCBart. I like the way he approaches the subject and especially his dismantling of people like Browne and Horn, but he just seems to rub me the wrong way a lot of the time.

He has these stupid rules like you are only psychic if you can walk around and literally read another persons mind with exact precision. "Hey you were just thinking about your nieces birthday cake". But if someone gets an image in their head only some of the time and this is accurate, then that is not psychic. This makes no sense as it implies that the ability is extremely advanced in people, when in actuality even a slight sign of sign of occasional psychic awareness is a big deal in humans.

Ive heard a him interviewed a few times where he likes to present this overarching image of people as mininterpreters and liars and egotistical attention seekers, and uses the same couple examples to 'prove his case'. All it ends up doing is showing how Derek uses single cases as justification for sweeping statements and theories covering broad subjects, like "there is no evidence at all that psychic abilities even exists".

But I really dig his Horn work.

I'm not a he.

\

I actually am quite good at using he/her etc. I hate the sexual assumptions. BUT. I actually did re-go look at your name to know how to refer to you... yes, I am that lame...., and well, I don't know any women named Gen, so I left the he in. I swear I did actually think of it to that point. Over a little word. But, I could be lying couldn't I?

I'm Psychic now. I knew that this person named Gen, might not be a dude. Take my word for it. I knew that this person could be a man or woman. Or inbetween. I'm psychic. I just didn't state it. Just like many psychics don't display it. Through testing. But take my word for it. After you give me money of course.

But back to the more important issue. If you don't won't to be referred to as a guy. Call yourself Jean. Hi, I have a username of Lisa. Don't call me a she....

I didn't read the rest of your post. I'm sure I'd have more to say. But some how, I think you'll enjoy yourself speaking, or reading your own thoughts, more than me or mine.

I find this medium of communication leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to interpreting someone else's attitude, and such.

Also, whatever yanks our personal chain seems to be one of the first interpretations resorted to when reading replies to our posts, etc.

I am not denying what you said, just adding some of what I have experienced when making a reply that was taken an entirely different way than what I had intended and believed was crystal clear.

I was hoping to give another perspective to Gen instead of the one of assuming an insult or rudeness where it was not necessarily intended (which I have done a few times), but I admit speaking for others or attempting to explain them to others is not the wisest thing for me to do. Old habits die hard, and I guess you could classify me as a 'fixer'.

:eek:

Back