• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Proof of God"

Free versions of recent episodes:

LOL man I just let that dudes whole post go. You know I love my religion beat downs but I read what he wrote and just sighed, shrugged my shoulders and threw in a few factoids. Why even bother sometimes :p

I let most of it go. I knew Capn would correct the number bit lol.

The problem i have with "God" why all the secrecy? why hide so much?Nobody has any evidence for god do they?
Ok "God" created everything we see according to man and women story's that is just nonsense for me at least

I think everything we see and cant see has science behind it. Not saying a creator cant exist in some form, but i believe somehow if god is spiritual in being and mind, science's or technology still has a role to play.

look at our history we believe in "God" yet no evidence, but we have ufos all through our history and yet many people find it hard to believe such things. The evidence for ufos existing far outweights the existence of god.

Stars and heavens in biblical texts what do these words mean? God home is not the clouds as the church leads people to believe but heavens in my mind means space.

I honestly think Ufos and God have some connection and hopefully some day us the public will get answers to alot of the unanswered questions regarding the God theory

There is one reason why there would be no proof for God, and that is, that nothing exists except God. That all that is is a dream in his mind. That all is one. In that way, existence itself is proof of existence, and existence is God, but that's more mental masturbation

I don't think this has much to do with the idea of creationism and Biblical God. I think the creation story has a lot more to do with the origins of life on this specific planet, in form of E.T. intervention.

The problem with modern Christianity is that it is trying to mix some metaphysical ideas of supreme being with the Hebrew god, and then mix it all into one person.
There's God, and then there's god, and then there's gods.

That being said I don't think it is wrong to say that when an alien or angel or whatever speaks to you that God is speaking to you. When a spiritually advanced being talks to
a lesser being (like us) with the intent of teaching, for all practical purposes, the lesser being is hearing the word of God.

My problem with modern Christianity is that it produces mobs of dip-shits. For example...

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/d3c_1229133179"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/d3c_1229133179" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

If a Christian is a true follower of Christ, then these are not Christians.

I don't think there are more than say one million such people on all Earth

If a Christian is a true follower of Christ, then these are not Christians.

I don't think there are more than say one million such people on all Earth

Sadly, when you take into account all of the fundamentalist branches of the many religions, I'd put the number closer to a couple of billion.

dB

No, I meant the number of people who truly get the message of these prophetic figures, in this case Jesus. I think these can be called true Christians and are such a minority that there is probably less than a million of such people on Earth

The other kind, you are right, it's billions

To shovel this shit into children is just wrong. I was raised to be a Southern Baptist. I caught on to the fact that it was all a bunch of nonsense by the time I was 13. I'm not an atheist. You're average atheist is just as religious as the Pope. I am simply comfortable with admitting that I don't know how I got here or why...and just watch it go.

Nobody thinks their way into heavenly realms.

The question is not whether people laugh or not, but whether , he is spreading spiritual purity, hollyness, love, advancement etc.

A retarded person, who doesn't even know how a car works, can be far ahead spiritually than some intelligent philosopher who thinks he understands how universe ticks.
Intelligence is a skill much like being able to jump high, nothing more. It is temporary, only for this lifetime. You chose low or high level of intelligence depending on
what you need , the lessons in that lifetime. It's a tool like any other.

Ok, that just a quick analogy, I didn't spend time thinking about it.

One can be very intelligent and not know how a car works.

Let me rephrase this to: one that wouldn't understand how a car works even if you spent a year explaining to him...

is that better?

This shit be funny everytime.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_BhlFjuToU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_BhlFjuToU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As someone who does believe in God, I also believe that there is absolutely nothing in the physical universe that could provide proof of the existence of God (or the deity or deities of your choice). I think it's asinine for believers to argue for proof of the exisitence of God: while materialists are often quite happy with the idea of the non-existence of free will (much modern psychological theory assumes it), the monotheistic religions in particular are based on the assumption of free will (even if many of their adherents don't believe in your right not to believe, or not to believe what they believe...sigh). The simple fact is that proof of the existence of God would negate free will.
And what would be the fun if you could prove it?

On the subject of the implausibility of humans as a product of natural evolution: our relative defencelessness is not unusual at all. Our earliest no-longer-exactly-like-the-other-apes ancestors would have been very similar to chimps, which are very capable of defending themselves. The fossil record (as confusing and branchy as it is for the protohuman line) is full of similarly robust creatures. Tool use preceded what we would recognise as humanity by millions of years, and we are a product of it. We don't need physical adaptations to defend ourselves because since before our current species appeared we have used cultural and technological solutions to defend ourselves.

Tooth, claw and armoured hide are ultimately no match for the pink squishy thing in your head.

As someone who does believe in God, I also believe that there is absolutely nothing in the physical universe that could provide proof of the existence of God (or the deity or deities of your choice). I think it's asinine for believers to argue for proof of the exisitence of God: while materialists are often quite happy with the idea of the non-existence of free will (much modern psychological theory assumes it), the monotheistic religions in particular are based on the assumption of free will (even if many of their adherents don't believe in your right not to believe, or not to believe what they believe...sigh). The simple fact is that proof of the existence of God would negate free will.
And what would be the fun if you could prove it?

On the subject of the implausibility of humans as a product of natural evolution: our relative defencelessness is not unusual at all. Our earliest no-longer-exactly-like-the-other-apes ancestors would have been very similar to chimps, which are very capable of defending themselves. The fossil record (as confusing and branchy as it is for the protohuman line) is full of similarly robust creatures. Tool use preceded what we would recognise as humanity by millions of years, and we are a product of it. We don't need physical adaptations to defend ourselves because since before our current species appeared we have used cultural and technological solutions to defend ourselves.

Tooth, claw and armoured hide are ultimately no match for the pink squishy thing in your head.

It doesn't matter if I believe in God, so long as God believes in me. And I will kick a woolly-rhinosaur in the balls any day.

Back