• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Premonition dreams

nostro75

Paranormal Novice
On the morning that the world trade centre was attacked. I had a dream that I was superman and that I was flying through the middle of a collapsing skyscraper. I live in the london england and had been doing a nighshift at the time. I awoke to discover that both towers had been struck by planes.

Law of large numbers. With so many people in the world, there are quite a few people that probably had dreams about collapsing buildings and such. Sadly, you don't have any special powers.

<--- my avatars name is Jet. He was born as the towers were being demolished on 9/11

Pretty sure I never claimed to have special powers. Maybe you should do a survey about how many people had dreams about a skyscraper collapsing the morning the towers fell.

Pretty sure I never claimed to have special powers. Maybe you should do a survey about how many people had dreams about a skyscraper collapsing the morning the towers fell.
I didn't. I had mine 1 week earlier. Same thing happened with the big tsunami. 1 week prior. mine are not in dreams tho. mine are during the day when I am wide awake.

Have to be honest tho. What is the point of precog dreams if you can't change anything? I have had a couple more so called precog dreams, but they were more mundane and more akin to dreaming something in the night and then reading about it a couple of days later in the paper.

Have to be honest tho. What is the point of precog dreams if you can't change anything? I have had a couple more so called precog dreams, but they were more mundane and more akin to dreaming something in the night and then reading about it a couple of days later in the paper.
The point is we humans have some sort of ability we do not understand. I have precog feelings quite often usually warning me of road hazards like deer for some reason. I always like to imagine it was my deceased mother helping me out.

There's no need to be defensive. There were probably quite a few dreams similar to yours because of the law of large numbers.

law of truly large numbers - coincidence - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

If you had a precognitive dream, I would classify that as a special power.

In this case I would agree with angelo because a dream is subjective, open to interpretation and susceptible to being force fed a meaning to anything. Sort of a tail wagging the dog. and yes there is a certain inevitability to every act that can happen because of the sheer number of people going on with their daily lives. There is a butterfly effect that intrudes on our daily life and a person in india can have an effect on us by calling in sick to work, but I don't think that one can look at every occurance that could happen and put it in a macro sense by pronouncing every occurance that could happen inevitable by including the billions of people on this planet in that reasoning. That's like doing a controlled experiment with no control group because everyone is included. Where do you stop? should we include the experiences of the deceased and newborns ?

Yes we do have an inate ability to find patterns in anything but singling out people with similar birthdays in a stadium as just a coincidence won't find too many doubters.

And Geller's "11" example is a forced manipulative intended series of coincidences, completely different from an act that happens serendipitously.

"... However, if you think of all the pairs of things that can happen in a person's lifetime and add to that our very versatile ability of finding meaningful connections between things, it then seems likely that most of us will experience many meaningful coincidences. The coincidences are predictable and we are the ones who give them meaning. Given the fact that there are billions of people and the possible number of meaningful coincidences is millions of billions, it is inevitable that many people will experience some very weird and uncanny coincidences every day..."

Back