• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Post your Black Triangle Sightings Here...

hmm... thats two sightings while peeing. i am going to start peeing in the backyard at night.

Hello Tom, - Thank you for your work in this field, it is really the origin of my searching, and why I'm stopping by - I'll let you know why here.

I think I may also have encountered a so-called Black Triangle - The incident made such an impact that I have told the story to friends and family. I really can't tell for a 100% fact if it wasn't an airplane - i'm sorry. - But hey, there is nothing that indicates that this was the case - that was obviously the strange thing about it.
So - the story is as follows; I'm in a car, my ex-girlfriend is driving. - We are headed for the third-biggest town(Odense) in Denmark - not very large though :), 'bout 150.000 citizens - anyway. On the motorway about 10 kilometers from Odense I see this object in the sky - Well, first I see lights. 2 lights - white'ish - They are just hanging without any movement in the sky.
I remember thinking it must be a Helicopter - Because of the lack of movement... But as we come closer, I notice the third light which fulfill the triangular shape! - it's so wierd to tell explain this again... - I understand that the proportion of the lights are coherent as we drives under the object which is just right above us with no noticable movement!! I remember thinking... why the hell isn't people stopping their cars and trucks, and checking this thing out? - I regret painfully that we didn't pull over and examined the object better... You may wan't to note that my ex-girlfriend was just as astounded as I - We both looked at eachother with a "what the hell is that thing!?"- type- of-expression on our faces ! As I returned to my home later that evening, I searched the web for "triangles in the sky", and within 1 second I learned that many hundreds of sightings of these objects had been reported for years - so I was quite shocked again - Especially when I could read that these objects typically was reported howering above freeways near cities - which was the exact location of my sighting. - Btw. as to size and altitude of the object, I can hardly tell. - It actually could be the size of a helicopter - but it sure wasn't one - maybe about 900 feet in the air...

This was my experience - sorry for my not perfect english :)

Sighting 11 years Ago !!!

For starters, I am a 26 year old Iraqi Freedom Veteran. I spent eight years in the Army. I have always been fascinated with UFOs, Alien's, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and ghost. Anyways, when I was about 15 years old my Mother and I were in a McDonald's drive-thru line on the North side of Midland Texas. I'm not sure of the time but it was dark and no clouds were in the night sky and it was Summer time. Well, as a young kid and now, I've always looked up at the sky i.e looking at the stars, planes, clouds, and whatever else that is up there. As I was looking out of the window to the West at around maybe 400-600 feet in the sky I noticed a slow moving object with a red light in the center and three dim white lights at three different corners ( in the shape of a triangle ) underneath it, moving to the South South West. Now ever since I was seven years old I wanted to be in the Air Force and fly, so I studied planes from the WW2 era up to the present. I was a big plane enthusiast growing up, so my Mom pulled some strings with an Air Force flight instructor at Reese Air Force Base, in Lubbock Texas, who she knew quite well, to let me fly in one of their flight simulators and also take some flying lessons in a Cessna 120. Anyways, back on track. When I saw this object in the sky I was amazed because I had never seen anything like that, except for an F-117, which it closely resembled, so I rolled my window down so I could see it better. Now, I know it wasn't an F-117, due to the fact that this triangular object was moving so slowly, making no sound whatsoever, there were no sharp angles to it, and it was much bigger than a F-117. As I watched this thing move we received our food and drove off. I was still watching it through the front windshield up until it just disappeared, although it was still relatively close when it vanished. In all, I watched the object for approximately five to seven minutes. I shared the sighting with family and friends but never did report it to anyone else. It surprised me to hear of several sightings of the same type of object years later after I had seen it. I'm not sure what it was that I had seen that night but I do know that it wasn't any present day aircraft that I knew of. Maybe it was a Top Secret plane or maybe it was something else. Now I have had a few other sighting if you would like to call them that, in North Texas and in Iraq. I will post those on another board along with ghost encounters.

I finally got around to submitting my sighting to NUFORC (it's been on ufoevidence for a while) and putting together a rough 3D animation of what happened, so here it is....

The sighting:
In the summer of 2000, I was driving with my then girlfriend late one afternoon before sunset westbound on Pico Blvd. just west of Sawtelle Blvd.. While stopped at a traffic light, she pointed to something she saw in the sky which was almost directly over us. I had to lean forward to be able to see up through the windshield to observe 3 identical black triangular objects. I observed them for less than 30 seconds. The objects were motionless and we could not hear any noise from the objects. There were no markings, lights, reflections or familiar aircraft features (stabilizers, etc.), just a solid black object. The objects were in a loose triangle formation separated from each other by a distance of approximately 5 times their individual width. What struck me most was their stillness and almost silhouette-like appearance.

My impression is that the objects were the size of private jets or fighter planes. They were significantly higher in altitude that the normal Santa Monica airport traffic that occurs regularly in that area, enough so that a closed fist at arms length could have covered two of the objects (were they spaced tip to tip).

While observing them, I moved my head to change my viewing angle so as to verify that this was not caused by debris on the windshield or reflections. These were definitely airborne objects.

Once the traffic light changed to green, I resumed driving, but was unable to see the objects again since they were nearly directly overhead. Once we had driven a few blocks so that the objects should have been easier to view from a shallower angle, the sky was empty where they had been.

Given the shape of the craft, their hovering behavior and sudden apparent disappearance, I assume that these were solid objects under some sort of control, though not any type that I am familiar with nor aware of.

The full NUFORC report is here.

A video animation of my sighting is here.

-todd.

I had an encounter with a black triangle in the late 1990s. I was driving my mother in-law to my home at about 6pm. I had just crossed a small bridge and turned right (we drive on the left in Ireland) so this opened up the view from my right side window. The black triangle was travelling from right to left at a distance of about 100 to 150 metres.

The dimensions of the craft were approx 15m long by 10m wide. The height off the ground was approx 40m. Speed was about 35-45 knots. I did NOT perceive the machine to be black. I would describe it as dark charcoal in colour. There were panels at the front where I would expect windows should be. These were slightly less dark in colour. If they were windows then I was close enough to see in, but I could not see anything through the panels.

There were 3 small circles of light emanating from the bottom of the craft at each corner and a larger circle of light in the middle. All four of these appeared to shimmer (like they were thrusters of some kind) but there was no down draft that affected the taller trees below them. The colour of the circles (thrusters) at the corners were yellow/gold and the main one in the middle was bright amber.

The vehicle was NOT flying using aerodynamics because it would have stalled. I could perceive no sound at all (I was inside a car and driving at the time) but I can not say whether the vehicle was completely silent.

I speeded up in the car to follow as far as I could. The vehicle did not make any 90º turns or any strange manouvers. It followed a flight path normally used by army helicopters landing at the local military base.

At the time, I assumed it was some kind of military vehicle. Even though I lived next door to the barracks I had no idea what lay on the other side of the hedge. Also, there was a mini-war going on here in N Ireland at the time. I assumed that if it had not been expected at the base then it would have been shot at.

Only recently, when I started playing with Google Earth did I realised that there is no place that such a strange vehicle could have landed in the barracks without the children of the soldiers seeing it. The soldiers' kids went to the same school as my own and there would have been talk about it during the following day. Nothing was ever said about the incident by my own children.

I now believe that the black triangle was not a military vehilce. I have to assume that it did not land at the barracks but continued on past where I originally thought it had gone.

It was a real nuts and bolts thing, not a vague image.

Woody

Just 3 weeks ago I saw flashing lights in a triangular formation in the evening sky over a Shanghai river. There were a series of a dozen or more strobing lights on the leading edges and one row down the middle. The lights changed into multiple colors. I could just make out a dark silhouette that looked like an arrow shape. It moved slowly overhead without sound in the drizzling night.

I tried to take a picture of it but only got some blurry photos. Unfortunately I was in a moving taxi over a bridge headed for the Pudong district and could not get a steady shot. My camera also doesn't have an image stabilizer.

Hard to tell how large or how high it was without reference but it seems to be several hundred feet above me and maybe 6 meter wide. The lights appeared very clear and not distorted by atmospheric haze. This is why I think it was not too far away.

Subsequently I have heard that these were kites being flown at night with LED lights attached. I read on a web site that city official sent out warning to kite flyers not to fly at night with lights because of the commotion it was causing.

I do recall seeing rather large kites being flown during the day that fit the outline of what I saw at night.

Ug8hs4hO3yE

I only saw one in the sky with a different lighting configuration than the ones in the video. It was more like this.

4oj-Bskqv60

It probably was a kite but it sure was interesting to see. I'm not aware of this kind of hobby being done in other countries.

i guess i should start by saying i live the u.k. south of england,dorset.i witnessed a black triangle in december 2005.sterotypical sighting as it was just milling around didnt seem to have a designated flight path.it was roaming around a dual carridgeway at low and high altitudes for the best part of the evening.i managed to see the craft close up as i was walking around my neighbourhood looking to see if any one else was interested in it.it swooped down like it was doing an evasive manouver and ended up over my head for 10-15 seconds at a very low height.i remember feeling nausiated by it then it just picked up and flew to an outstanding height and kept on roaming.it had the classic features but it had a blue light instead of red in the middle.the other thing was that there were 3 or 4 planes i could see following the craft slowly.this activity lasted for 2 nights then it stopped.ive been looking for any blogs witnessing what i saw in my area but i havent found any mention at all.

I saw a FT on February 1st, around 18.15, over Swansea, UK. It was a stereotypical triangle, 3 orange-white lights on its outer edges, and a blinking red light in the middle. It was flying quite quickly, heading west to east, and flying blunt edge forward, rather than with one of its points forward. I could also hear jet engines, but don't know if the FT was making the sound, or if it was the other aircraft I observed in the vicinity at the time - a couple of passenger jets, seemingly at a much higher altitude than the triangular thing. I don't think it was anything ET or paranormal, just something military that I'm not familiar with. If I'm honest though, I have been slightly troubled by the sighting ever since. Although I'm pretty certain I saw a black triangle silhouetted against the sky, that could have just been suggested by the light configuration - and the fact that I read a lot about UFOs. If you want to read a more detailed description of my sighting, hit the WWW button below my post - I just posted it to my blog. I'd also be grateful for any suggestions which might explain what I saw.

NUFORC Home Page
National UFO Reporting CenterSighting Report
Occurred : 6/8/2002 01:58 (Entered as : 6/8/02 01:58)
Reported: 6/9/2002 11:56:22 AM 11:56
Posted: 3/11/2003
Shape: Triangle
Duration:20 SEC
TRIANGLE FORMATION OF FUZZY SOFT AMBER LIGHTS 150' FEET OFF GROUND FAST,
QUIET!

AT 1:48 AM THREE FUZZY SOFT WHITE LIGHTS WITH TRANSPARENT CENTERS IN A
TRIANGLE FORMATION WERE TRAVELING EAST TO WEST AT A SPEED OF ABOUT 600mph
AND INCREASING TO ABOVE MACH WITH AN ALTITUDE OF ABOUT 150' AND CLIMBING
TO AROUND 2000 FEET. GILROY IS SITUATED IN A SMALL VALLEY WITH THE
MOUNTAINS TO THE EAST RAISING TO AN ALTITUDE OF ABOUT 3000' AND THE
MOUNTAINS TO THE WEST RAISING TO AN ALTITUDE OF ABOUT 1200 FEET. THOUGH
THE OBJECT SEEMED TO MAINTAIN THE SAME ALTITUDE, I KNOW IT WAS NOT AT AN
ALTITUDE OF 1200' OR GREATER WHEN IT FIRST CAME INTO VEIW, THEREFOR THE
OBJECT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE ASCENDING SLIGHTLY TO CLEAR THE 1200 FOOT
MOUNTAINS 8 MILES TO THE WEST OF MY LOCATION THAT IS 223' FEET ABOVE SEA
LEVEL. THE LIGHTS WERE SPACED ABOUT 15 FEET APART FROM EACH OTHER AND HELD
A FIXED FORMATION WHILE HAVING NO VISIBLE STRUCTURE BETWEEN THEM. I AM NOT
SHURE WEATHER OR NOT THE OBJECT WAS TRANSPARENT OR WAS ABLE TO MIMMIC ITS
BACKGROUND IN ORDER TO BLEND IN BUT, IT WAS NOT DARKER THAN THE CLEAR DARK
SKY WITH A SLIGHT GLOW IN THE LOWER ALTITUDES FROM CITY LIGHTS. IT IS
QUITE POSSIBLE THAT THE THREE LIGHTS WERE NOT CONNECTED AT ALL. THE OBJECT
SEEMED TO REFLECT A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF LIGHT WHEN IT WAS ABOVE THE MAIN
PART OF THE CITY AS THE THREE LIGHTS BECAME MORE DISTINGUISHABLE FROM EACH
OTHER AS THEY REACHED THE DARKER EDGES OF THE CITY BUT, THIS COULD HAVE
BEEN DUE TO THE REDUCTION IN THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE OBJECT AND MYSELF AS
IT PASSED DIRECTLY OVERHEAD. THE WHOLE THING SEEMED TO HAVE A SOFT WARM
OFF WHITE FUZZY GLOW TO IT I WOULD COMPARE THE BRIGHTNESS AND LOOK OF THE
LIGHTS TO THREE BARN OWLS FLYING THROUGH THE DARK SKY. THE PERSON I WAS
WITH THAT WITNESSED WHAT I SAW CLAIMS THAT WHEN I TURNED AND RAN TO GO GET
MY VIDEO CAMERA LOCATED IN MY HOUSE THE OBJECT CHANGED FROM A STEADY LIGHT
TO A PULSING JUMPING LIGHT AS IT SLIGHTLY ACCELERATED. THE WHITNESS SAID
THAT IT DID NOT MOVE IN A STEADY CONTINUOUS MOTION BUT IN A LEAPING
JUMPING WAY LIKE IF YOU WERE SKIPPING FRAMES. WITNESS SAID THAT THE
SWOOSH! ING, RUS HING AIR SOUND THE OBJECT MADE WAS ALSO INTERUPTED AS IT
MADE THESE LEAPS. I DO NOT RECALL ANY SOUND EXCEPT FOR THE AIR RUSHING
PAST MY EARS AS I MOVED AT SPEED THAT PUSHED THE SOULS OF MY SHOES TO
THEIR BREAKING POINT. I REGRET MAKING THE DECISION TO GO GET MY CAMERA. I
SACRIFICED OBSERVING THIS OBJECT MAKE THESE JUMPS AND SOUNDS FOR A CHANCE
TO BE ABLE TO SHOW COUNTLESS OTHERS THIS EVENT. I TRULY FEEL THAT THIS
OBJECT SAW ME RUN AND DECIDED TO DO THE SAME. I GUARANTEE THAT EVERY TIME
I STEP OUTSIDE IM GOING TO BE THINKING ABOUT CRAZY TRIANGLES FLYN
OVERHEAD. DAMNIT!

((NUFORC Note: Witness elects to remain totally anonymous. We would very
much like to speak with him/her, as well as with the other witness to the
event. We also would welcome a written report from the second witness,
since different witnesses to the same event remember different aspects of

it. PD))

I had a multiple UFO sighting a few months ago, on April 4th, 2008. This was at night, around 10 PM, in the south part of Bismarck, North Dakota. I was with four other people who also spotted the UFOs. I've been doing some research, and the sighting has been increasingly crowding my brain, so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any information for me.

The first sighting was by simply laying on the grass with a friend of mine. He was looking up and said, "Look, satellites!" We both quickly realized they were moving much too fast to be satellites, and then they escaped our view behind a house. At their altitude, they were just two dull maroon lights, with a very vague shape around them. They moved beside each other, yet one would occasionally sway side to side, a map of their paths looking something like this:

ufo2.jpg

My friend and I then explained what we saw to everyone still inside. About twenty minutes later, we were standing outside, looking up, and seemingly out of nowhere appeared something like two black triangles - with the same maroon lights two of us had seen earlier. They hovered a few miles northwest of where we were, not sure how many feet up, but they were definitely very big. (Unnecessarily big, I thought. What would need to be that big?) Strangely, the two triangles, next to each other, did not move forward by a point, but moved forward by a side. The dull maroon lights lined the front of the UFOs.

ufo3.jpg

Suddenly, they were gone. They didn't accelerate and shoot off, it was more as if they had simply shut off their lights.

I've been interested in UFOs and extraterrestrials for a long time, but as I shared this story with more people, I was told something that has me leaning towards the possibility of this being something earthly. April 4th was the night that both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton visited Grand Forks, North Dakota, about 200 miles from Bismarck. Security?

Any information at all would be very, very appreciated.

Thanks very much,

-Graham

I already posted this in the "Night Siege" thread, but since you asked to post sightings here I'll repeat it. Apologies to those who may have already read it. :)

It was about 6 years ago...Not sure exactly of the date. But it was sometime in July.

I was walking my dog in a park along the Mississippi River in Minneapolis one evening. As an amateur astronomer, I always pay attention to the night sky. It was a clear, crisp night and I was looking at the "Summer Triangle" (i.e. the stars Deneb, Vega and Altair). Ironically I saw another triangle.

Nearly overhead, the object was traveling north, paralleling the Mississippi River valley (altitude about 85 degrees, displaced slightly to the east). No lights whatsoever. And absolutely no sound. And I'm confident it was a solid object, not a group. I wouldn't have noticed it had I not paid attention to the stars. It was nearly the same color as the background sky, but very slightly darker. This is probably due to the fact that light pollution in the Twin Cities does not allow for a perfectly black sky.

The object subtended an angle of about 5 degrees of arc. And it covered it's own length roughly every second when it was overhead. It's impossible to determine what its altitude was so it would be difficult to assess it's size or speed. It was shaped similar to an arrowhead. Not a perfect equilateral triangle, but isosceles instead. It was visible for perhaps 12-15 seconds before I lost it at the treeline.

I told several friends about the incident but didn't report it to any governmental agency.

What was interesting is that about a year later, I told the story to my colleagues at work and one of them looked at me strangely. He had never heard of the phenomenon but admitted that he once saw a black triangle high over the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport a few months before. He never said a word to anyone about the incident before this and was spooked a bit by my story.

I don't know what these things are. I've seen one and my first inclination is to think they are blacks-ops projects of the US military (BTW my sighting took place across the road from BAE Systems - a prominent defense contractor - although I don't really think there is a connection).

There's nothing to apologize for. In any case, though, if anyone else has a post about an experience you'd like to see here, send me the link by private message and I'll move it for you. :)

I'm new to the forum and I inadvertently posted my black triangle sighting as a new thread instead of posting it here. I saw one last Friday night, July 18th around 11pm on Missouri Highway 370 just south of the Discovery Bridge as you enter St. Charles County. If anyone else saw this please post it.

Thanks!
Norman

I'm new to the forum and I inadvertently posted my black triangle sighting as a new thread instead of posting it here. I saw one last Friday night, July 18th around 11pm on Missouri Highway 370 just south of the Discovery Bridge as you enter St. Charles County. If anyone else saw this please post it.

Thanks!
Norman

Not to worry. We'll fix that eventually. :D

This event happened to me 2 or three years ago.Until today I had no idea what it meant!I had told friends about this experience,but it didn't fit any UFO scenerio any of us had ever heard about.It wasnt till someone happened to tell me that Google earth had taken a picture of a "black triangle UFO"in western Australia that things began to click.Anyway- I was walking up Church st(toward King st Newtown) in Camperdown ,Sydney Australia at dusk one sunday aprox 7.00pm.As I passed camperdown park I looked up and saw something gliding overhead.At first I thought it was a Fruit-bat because they're everywhere in sydney but I noticed that it was triangular in shape so I wondered if it was a kite that had gotten loose from the park but I then saw the amazingingly complex patterns on the underside.I remember thinking that it looked like the patterns on the wings of a tree-moth.Then I wondered if it was an aircraft because it was gliding towards Sydney airport ,which is only a few kilometers away.I recall I was amazed because I realised it had no lights on and how slow it was gliding and the complete silence of the flight.It seemed quite low,maybe only 20-30 meters above the buildings.It seemed to pick up speed as it flew over King st. I recall that it was mainly black,thinnish with brown and grey markings.I feel privlidged to have witnessed such an amazing sight and would love to chat to others who have seen this thing too.

A fellow Aussie! Hey mate. I'm from Sydney and for those not familiar Newtown is virtually next door to the Sydney CBD and only a few suburbs away from Sydney Airport.

Paul, just curious as this was at dusk and low and close to the city, I would think there would be a mass of sightings reported not too mention this thing would have been visible from the airport control towers if it was that close. Unless we're dealing wit ha similar phenomenon that Jeff's wife reported of not "seeing" things if she was even a head space to the left or right of the person viewing.

I certainly don't recall anything in the papers or news about it. did you see it reported by anyone else?

Didn't have time to read the whole thread yet. But my dad and I saw a black triangle in 1986 or 1987 this was approx. 2 years before the Belgium triangle flap and we saw it in northwestern Germany, about 150km west of Belgium border. It looked almost identical to the famous Belgium picture, a black triangle with two corners "cut off", a smaller light at each corner and a weird rotating (it looked like the light was smearing, very odd) in the center. It came in from east slowly above the tall building next to the tall building we were in (we called them the twin towers, but they were nowhere near as high as WTC, they had 15 stories or so, we were on 15th floor penthouse). When it seemed to be almost exactly above the other building, it made an instant 90° turn towards north and accelerated enormously. From our view, about 10km behind the other building is a mountain range. In one second it was above the building in front of us, the next second it vanished behind the mountains. That acceleration would surely have turned any human pilot to jelly. The whole sighting only lasted 3-5sec. It was early evening, still bright enough to make out its shape, but no details. Sorry I don't remember the exact date.

my inciddent was many years ago, im going to say my 9th grade year so about 2002. it was halloween night. mankato, mn. downtown. we were outside at a friends house, about 4-5 of us. this is before i drank, before i did any drugs. i look up and notice this huge(like the length of small comercial jet) black triangle craft just slowly gliding at a good low elevation(low enough for clarity). never seen anything like it. had tons of gold yellow lights everywhere in rows. so nothing sloppy. i remember trying to look for other distinct features on it but again this was 10 years ago. i can picture it in my head and we got such a clear view of it before it disappeared in the treeline. but it just hovered along(slow speed). didnt stop. no sound. but it was pretty low and it was in town so other people would of had to seen it. i tried googling a black craft with many tiny lights but only find stuff on black crafts with big distinct lights. this only had small lights everywhere on the bottom. if only it was no a days, we would have grabbed our camera phones out and got it on film.

Back