• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Post Roundtable

CapnG

Devil's Advocate
Was it my imagination or was that episode a little more commercial-laiden than usual? Oh well...Interesting as always.

David brought up something I've pondered quite a bit and I may have an answer for his inquiry. Regarding the Betty and Barney Hill case, while I have no reason to suspect the credibility of the case in terms of detail, when it comes to the "why" aspect (as in "why would they make it up?") my immediate suspicion is distraction, ie as an interracial couple in the 60s, they'd be under alot of scrunity BUT if they could be re-branded as "those crazy people who met the martians" people might tend to leave them alone while at the same time giving themselves a sort of noteriety (trading negative attention for positive (if somewhat sensationalistic) attention). Am I saying that's the most likely reason? No. But it is something I've not been able to dismiss as impossible, given the political and social norms of the time.

Question for Jeff: I've asked this in another thread but perhaps you haven't seen it. You said you'd had no real paranormal experiences for many years now (at least that you recall) yet since having been in contact with David nad Gene you have. Given the M.O. of these beings according to Hopkins, Strieber and others, odds are they're not done with you yet. Any thoughts about that (I can understand if that's not something you'd want to discuss on an open forum, if so please respond by saying so)?

This is a dispicable one sided show that is craftedly prefabricated by the four masketeers to further debunk such a case as Billy Meiers in order to create a controversy for some desperately needed ratings.
Through this episode, not only have you blatantly advertised how incompetent your research methodologies are by having very little other than wearing a shroud of extremely prejudicial close mindedness but also the integrity that you hypocritically assert that is supposedly missing from the Meier case, you have effectly turned around 180 degrees to show none of.
If there ever was any mirror located in your broadcasting radio room, I would love to have placed it right in front of you 4 stooges to see for yourselves that everything negative you spoke about Billy Meier were actually the reflection of your own. What a missed chance that was.
Not one of you had the decency to ever go to the very source or at speak directly to Billy about what is essentially his life he lived, therefore the only person that knows best about what he has so far disclosed. None whatsoever and your lame excuse is, to the effect of 'why bother, the photos contain none of the believability factor to even deserve any credibility to'.
What stupidity! and you give yourselves undeserved self promoting pat in the back about how credible researchers some of you are.
MH over the years has done so much for the cause of humanity by disseminating billy's messages at his own self obligated expense than what the 4 of you people combined could hope to achieve for the rest of your ignorant lives.
Give him at least some credit where its due.
It's ironic and even woeful to think that the 4 people who are passing the kind of critical judgements and catergorising others in a deceiving banner are the least competent people to do so, hence the wrong conclusions reached.
Yes, I couldn't help it by saying, your recent efforts should be catergorised under the banner, 'The bad, the ugly and the missing good'.

And what, you gonna call this post another attack my a meierite
Such immaturity

Matt

This is a dispicable one sided show that is craftedly prefabricated by the four masketeers to further debunk such a case as Billy Meiers in order to create a controversy for some desperately needed ratings.

"Dispicable?", "craftedly?", "masketeers?" :eek:

Wow, that pretty much says it all for me. I wonder if he's one of the cult members for whom English is a second language or (more likely) he's just not very bright.

Anyway, I enjoyed this last show even though it did get a little repetitious. People lie - it muddies the water - we get it.

I prefer when Gene and David discuss and analyze new cases rather than rehash and revisit their disdain for obvious fakes like the He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Yeah Terrax, it's expected alright for lies they told to be supplanted with the truth.
I mean it was almost unbearable to hear the four of them keep whining and childishly carrying on like sooks about the Meier case as being a hoax and what not, but truly if they were half the credible researchers they deem themselves to be, then instead of being illogical and expect everything to conform with their tired old views, why not get their asses off their comfortable seats and hurl it all the way to Switzerland to find out. I mean literally.

It sound to me like they are void of any human rationality, they don't care whether they are right or wrong as long as no one intrudes on their comfortable bubble they had manage to erect around their fragile egos and world view.

Everything that they accuse Billy and MH of, they are guilty of and yet they just can't see it in themselves. Not only that, they accuse billy's supporters of projecting their own faults on others YET they themselves have done so time and time again.

It looks to me like they've become an unwitting pawns in the nexus of much larger debunking machinations of Billy Meier akin to being one of the children intoxicated by the flute of Pied Piper, to be lead away for slaughter in the Caves of Hamlin. They've jumped on the bandwagon of deceitful cunning much like you Terrax, not knowing what the end destination is, not knowing that the scenery out the window whilst beautiful, could change in an instant from the derailment of their train ride.

And what, if credibility was an issue with the case, the answer will only be as good as their research method, no wonder D.B, G.S, R.M3 and J.R are fuming when they are shown another window to look through this case which they shy away from time and time again because it's unbelieveable, unfathomable and incomprehensive to them.

You can tell a lazy and bad reseacher from those that have integrity and much credibility.
Bad researcher always have a scapegoat to fall back on when they don't have the answers, they use the word cult, hoax, fraud, another religion, or just blame it on the gullible nature of people that feed the insatible curiosities that is generated from such supossed one in all packaged case that serve to highlight just how hungry people are for attention.
Yet another reflection of their image projected out there somewhere.

The only mechanisms keeping hoaxes alive is shows like this one, where the host haven't the ability to sift the wheat from the chaff, They reason that they are among the objective few but if this be the case then the air of objectivity they want to project to their listeners dissipitates in an instant they insinuate a case to be a hoax based on nothing but second hand hearsay.

Gees, I didn't expect the 4 participants of the roundtable to be incorruptible moral oracles but give me a break, the cunning sophistry disguised as an object unbiased presentation, detailing their supossed credible assessment is in an of itself devoid of common sense because it precludes common sense by audaciously dismissing the notion that there aren't intelligent critical listeners out there. It was an act worthy of an oscar.

It'll help the show somewhat if the participants aren't so overzealously hypercritical to the point where the baby is thrown out with the bathwater, leaving nothing but froth for answers.

This episode highlights through and through, what an unregulated aspect of ufology manifests as and only an alert listeners can compel proper moral standards be applied by strenthening of those very standards they expects from such a show as this one.

It's paramount
Matt

Hey Matt, um there are visible strings attached to the fisher price toys Billy used as his props in some of those pictures um K. I mean its like looking at stills from an Ed Wood movie. I first saw those as a little kid in the 70's and I wanted one for Christmas.

Don't waste your time, Guy, this guy's obviously part of the "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" crowd. Observe this stunning contradiction:

... it precludes common sense by audaciously dismissing the notion that there aren't intelligent critical listeners out there.

And

It'll help the show somewhat if the participants aren't so overzealously hypercritical

So he's allowed to be critical but the roundtable members are not...? Yeah...

Guys, leave Matt alone, he just aint worth it. Take the advice of a fool. I'm taking a vow to leave it, and these people behind. If I can do it, you all can too.

We've said all there is to say. As my lovely wife said tonight, we have to give the UFO public the credit that they're going to see all we've presented and look past their own noses for themselves to see what the case really is.

Any more is counter productive. And she's right. So was David...but I wouldnt listen when he said this months ago. I feel a fool for wasting so much time on such garbage. I felt incredibly light when I removed Meier stuff from my fav lists tonight, and removed myself from Victor's list in the face of another venomous attack from He Who Shall Not Be Named?. We have SO many more deserving cases to examine...

If I ever go back...slap me senseless.

Capn G-
Ummm...I cant say nothing is ever gonna happen again. But I certainly dont expect it. We still have some odd things go on around here, but *nothing* in the way in which it used to be. These days it's very subtle and frankly I dont know that I attribute it to anything "alien". But, as I've said before, what do I know.

A couple weekends ago at my son's birthday party, my Mom and I were talking about 5-6 ft away from eachother, and my dog was laying at my Mom's feet. A small rectangular black object about 12" off the floor moved between us and dissapeared. I thought it was something in my eye, but my dog promptly snapped at it. She's a hunter and nothing gets by her. Except sh*&t that dissapears and my not be a physical reality. hehehe

My Mom saw it but only from her lower periphial vision, I saw it directly. It moved fairly quick, but was black, opaque and fuzzy edged. Like an out of focus black box. My head couldnt figure out what I was looking at. Freaked Mom out a bit.

Wierd crap. I'll take any ideas on what it was...because I'm clueless. Alien? I dunno...I dont feel like it was. But that doesnt mean anything. I hope that answers your question.

jritzmann said:
Wierd crap. I'll take any ideas on what it was...because I'm clueless. Alien? I dunno...I dont feel like it was. But that doesnt mean anything. I hope that answers your question.

Sorta, thanks. Can't say I have a suggestion. It sounds like a good many of the ghostly encounters I've had in my own experience and those of family members (if you're at all familiar with hauntings and such you're probably aware of "shadow people"). Never heard of anything quite so...geometric before though. Weird indeed.

newinitiatio said:
Yeah Terrax, it's expected alright for lies they told to be supplanted with the truth.
I mean it was almost unbearable to hear the four of them keep whining and childishly carrying on like sooks about the Meier case as being a hoax.
Yeah Matt, especially that last part is of course totally unacceptable from your point of view. 'The Meier case can't be a hoax'. Anything to the contrary must be rejected. You seem to have a problem with the rationality and objectivity of the 4 people doing the show but maybe you should take a hard look at why you object so much.
They've jumped on the bandwagon of deceitful cunning much like you Terrax, not knowing what the end destination is, not knowing that the scenery out the window whilst beautiful, could change in an instant from the derailment of their train ride.
Deceitful cunning. Heh. Naturally Meier can come up with any excuse when he gets caught redhanded or if something fails miserably, but those that challenge Meier's position and the case, well those people are the deceivers! Nice going Matt. If you had an ounce objectivity in your body you would realise that there's plenty that can be questioned. Maybe you're deceiving yourself. Ever thought of that?
Bad researcher always have a scapegoat to fall back on when they don't have the answers,.....Yet another reflection of their image projected out there somewhere.
Does that work for "prophets" as well? "The MiB did it". "My original authentic bible was destroyed by Israel". "Bad ETs influenced the guy where I took my rolls of film". "My ex-wife is lying and taking money". "The design of garbage can lids originates from WW2 German saucer tech".

And you wonder why some people have a problem with the case?

TerraX

"Given the M.O. of these beings according to Hopkins, Strieber and others, odds are they're not done with you yet. Any thoughts about that"

Sorry I didnt really answer I guess.

As far as Hopkins and Jacobs, I dont subscribe to thier theories. Whitley and I used to speak quite a bit a long time ago, not long after Communion. I havent seen him since maybe 10 years ago, and havent spoken with him online in even longer. While his experiences and mine had similar aspects, I also dont subscribe to his line of thought either. I have to go with my own take on it...it's really all I have. I'd say my own thought is they wont be back. I'll type some more tomorrow, it's really late and wife's tryin to sleep.

If anyone shows I'll letcha know. ;)

jritzmann said:
Guys, leave Matt alone, he just aint worth it. Take the advice of a fool. I'm taking a vow to leave it, and these people behind. If I can do it, you all can too.
Aww man. I was just about to suggest we'd go into business and sell 'Billy Meier - Construct a Model and Hoax a UFO Pic - do it yourself kit'. We already identified most of the parts and they can easily be taken of the shelf at Wal Mart and a hardware store. Man, I'm so depressed... Nah, just kidding. Good luck Jeff. Oh, and did you think about keeping a five iron next to your sofa so you can whack the hell out of those black objects?

jritzmann said:
If anyone shows I'll letcha know. ;)

Wow. I gotta say your "groundedness" (is that a word?) and sense of humour even regarding the phenomenon is both peculiar and refreshing. I know if just half the stuff you've talked about happened to me I'd be Nusto McGa-ga, Mayor of Crazytown by now...

It still amazes me that people believe this case to be real and not fake! I mean, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see that these photos are fake. My fav ones are the ray gun lol the going back in time photo, and the ufo over the the car at night. How people can say that these are real, when they are clearly fake, and have been proved to be fake, then you really have to start thinking of some weird cult brainwashing thing going on here. To be honest, it would not suprise me if this newinitiatio is M H.

Back