• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pope, Dolan coming to the Paracast

P

Paul Kimball

Hi folks,

I've just confirmed that I'll be co-hosting upcoming shows with my friends Nick Pope and Rich Dolan. If you have questions or topics that you would like Gene and I to bring up with them, let me know here.

I'm looking forward to both conversations, and talking with both Nick and Rich about a wide range of subjects (not just UFOs) - in particular, their different takes on 9/11, and Rich's views on AI and the singularity, which don't get as much attention as his UFO-related work, but which I find quite compelling.

Paul

Quite a while back, I'm talking two or three years, (or thereabouts) (maybe more) (etc) I was listening to Dolan on CoastToCoastAM with George Noory. Dolan's tone was jovial that night. The subject of Artificial Intelligence came up, and R.D. was telling Noory that, one day people will have robot companions to have sex with. It made the prim and proper Noory uncomfortable, I could tell, and it creeped me out, as well. I'd rather be with someone --real-- and --living-- thanks. (Unless it's Data's evil twin Lore, he's a bad boy, granted, but funny and handsome. Ya know, for an Android..) But I HOPE that R.D. isn't interested in AI for that reason. Paul. ***I*C*K*** .

But I HOPE that R.D. isn't interested in AI for that reason. Paul. ***I*C*K*** .

I doubt Rich is, given that he's happily married... but I'm all for it! ;)

While Rich and I disagree about a number of things, one of the areas we do tend to agree on is the subject of AI, and the coming of what is often called The Singularity. The line between human intelligence and machine intelligence seems pretty clear to us now, but in the not-too-distant future, I think it's going to be an issue of existential importance for the human race.

Paul

This sounds like a great show! I think Dolan is interesting to listen to, and whilst I do like Nick, I have to say his one paracast show was one of the most frustrating ever to listen to because all he said for two hours was 'I don't know' or 'i'm not allowed to say anything about that'.
I get where he is coming from but a little speculation here and there doesnt hurt.... nobodies asking anyone for the definite truth on this show, just some evidence-based speculation

Hi folks,

I've just confirmed that I'll be co-hosting upcoming shows with my friends Nick Pope and Rich Dolan. If you have questions or topics that you would like Gene and I to bring up with them, let me know here.

I'm looking forward to both conversations, and talking with both Nick and Rich about a wide range of subjects (not just UFOs) - in particular, their different takes on 9/11, and Rich's views on AI and the singularity, which don't get as much attention as his UFO-related work, but which I find quite compelling.

Paul

Paul,

I think getting Mr. Dolan re-engaged with the Paracast is a good development. I suspect that he will be open to discussing his research methodology so long as it is done in a constructive manner. You have only so many bullets to fire in this field, so those who advocate unloading on Mr. Dolan don't make sense to me, as opposed to some of the well known fraudsters who aim to con the newcomers and those too eager for answers.

Look forward to the interview.

This sounds like a great show! I think Dolan is interesting to listen to, and whilst I do like Nick, I have to say his one paracast show was one of the most frustrating ever to listen to because all he said for two hours was 'I don't know' or 'i'm not allowed to say anything about that'.
I get where he is coming from but a little speculation here and there doesnt hurt.... nobodies asking anyone for the definite truth on this show, just some evidence-based speculation

With Nick, it's always paramount to remember that he is bound by the Official Secrets Act in terms of what he can say about his work, or anything related to his work, at the MOD. I don't think people really understand how restrictive that can be sometimes. Unfortunately, that's almost always what people want to chat with him about right off the bat, so it often seems like he's evasive, when in fact he's just doing what he's required by law to do.

Nick is a good guy - intelligent, insightful, and articulate - with a wide range of opinions about UFOs in general, and other things of interest as well. Don't worry - we'll get into some speculation... but as you say, it will be based on evidence, because that's how both Nick and I roll. :)

One area where Nick and I share a passion is military history, so you might even see some of that pop up... in an "alternative history" sort of way. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Paul,

I think getting Mr. Dolan re-engaged with the Paracast is a good development. I suspect that he will be open to discussing his research methodology so long as it is done in a constructive manner. You have only so many bullets to fire in this field, so those who advocate unloading on Mr. Dolan don't make sense to me, as opposed to some of the well known fraudsters who aim to con the newcomers and those too eager for answers.

Look forward to the interview.

Hi Tom,

Thanks. I will absolutely not be "unloading" on Rich, who I consider a friend, with some very interesting ideas. Instead, we'll be having a rational, reasoned discussion, where we can agree to disagree on certain things, and agree on others. I'm really looking forward to it.

Of course, if the question of the Damn Yankees vs. the Red Sox comes up between Rich and I, all bets are off... ;)

Paul

I still disagree with Dolan on a number of issues. But, he is more credible than most of the other "Cats" that out there peddling the same information. I really think it needs to explain himself though when it comes to 9/11, he is convinced at least from the interview i heard him on. That Someone ( Government? Black ops? whomever played a role or perhaps carried out the attacks thereafter blaming it all on Muslims. I think credibility is all important within this field of study, so Interacting and mingling with known hucksters and frauds within the field even if you can't avoid them is not good. I have a real problem with Dolans logic when it comes to this issue.

Nick Pope interesting fello. He is intelligent there is no doubting this you just have to listen to the guy to understand that, but Nick never discounts any video he sees especially the videos he is asked to comment on. Sometimes they are obvious fakes so i think Nick needs to research this a bit further before commenting on a National Airwave.
I give ye an example remember that video that was alleged to have been taken over Ireland a few months back well, when i saw that, and ok there is a good chance Nick never saw this video but that video came from another source outside of Ireland and was up on the web for over 2 years.

I prefer the robot in Cherry 2000, or Cylon #6!

Yeah, #6 was really something - spooky how they kept resurrecting tho. Is this the desirable goal for AI?

This show should be good. Interesting guest pairing.

With Nick it's not just about the OSA (though he's obviously subject to it for life) but also he's careful to maintain a grounded, Mr. Sensible image with the media to remain credible with the Larry Kings of the world. He's invited on TV to comment on UFO stories because he's unlikely to say anything too woo-woo or controversial, but can slip in some thought-provoking facts and bring some cred to the subject. He knows how to pitch it. Quite a trick to pull off.

Rich I like a lot personally tho have some problems with his grand conspiracy narrative. But he makes a good case, and is a thoughtful and stimulating guest.

Will you ask Nick about some of the weird UK cases he investigated and described in "The Uninvited"? Some of 'em were really strange and very interesting.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I still disagree with Dolan on a number of issues...I really think it needs to explain himself though when it comes to 9/11, he is convinced at least from the interview i heard him on. That Someone ( Government? Black ops? whomever played a role or perhaps carried out the attacks thereafter blaming it all on Muslims. I think credibility is all important within this field of study, so Interacting and mingling with known hucksters and frauds within the field even if you can't avoid them is not good. I have a real problem with Dolans logic when it comes to this issue.

Yeah a lot of people think he's lost the plot on this one, and made a fool of himself by giving credence to ignorant charlatans like David Ray Griffin and the Loose Change stooges pushing the "9/11-was-an-inside-job" cult. But unlike some, Rich was sympathetic to this narrative from day one and before the 9/11 industry got going. On the couple of occasions I discussed this with him face-to-face he has argued from the "You gotta look at it from who benefits" angle, which to me has never been a logical or compelling argument. So let's see if there's anything new...

Rich is a very nice guy, straightforward and consistent with a good mind, and good company. And he does know his UFO history better than most.

Funny how everyone's called Nick from the Uk . Great to have those 2 guests back on The Paracast. Paul, I'm loving your work buddy. You and Gene go well together.

x

Nick, in Canada ( formerly, England )

Back