• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics

Well Epoch Times is one of the lesser right-wing fringe sites. There are others with almost reasonable respect for facts.
From what I can tell, the story is factual. The lawyers are going to use the examples they cite. Whether those examples are substantial is another matter, and ET doesn't go into that, so it's not really misreporting. I commented on one of their YouTube videos that although they claim to be unbiased, they're not, and they need to separate that bias from their news reporting, otherwise people are going to see through it.

You and I both see through it, so we can look at the stories and say to ourselves, "So that's what the other side is thinking. Interesting. I wonder how that will go." There was a scene in the movie Finding Forrester that explains it well:

So now the saga continues ...

Trump Mulling Whether to Launch Own Social Media Platform, Says Jason Miller​

See what I mean :p Perfect !

False equivalence. The right-wing fringe is far more capable and guilty of selective omission and outright lies and sometimes hate speech. Check Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checker, to see.

False equivalence. The right-wing fringe is far more capable ...
You mean more capable than the far left-wing fringe? Either way the ET isn't "far-right". It's been deemed so by those who want to discredit it. But it looks to me to just a have a moderate prevailing right-wing bias. That's no big deal. But in case you didn't know, YouTube recently defunded their advertising revenue, apparently without citing a specific reason ( last time I checked ), but allegedly for violating their TOS in some way or another that is linked to their coverage of the election fraud claims.
... and guilty of selective omission and outright lies and sometimes hate speech.
The "far-right" certainly doesn't hold a monopoly on any of that. ANTIFA is far-left and there's more wherever they came from:
Check Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checker, to see.
Sure. That's seems like a pretty good source for most stuff.

Last edited:
You mean more capable than the far left-wing fringe? Either way the ET isn't "far-right". It's been deemed so by those who want to discredit it. But it looks to me to just a have a moderate prevailing right-wing bias. That's no big deal. But in case you didn't know, YouTube recently defunded their advertising revenue, apparently without citing a specific reason ( last time I checked ), but allegedly for violating their TOS in some way or another that is linked to their coverage of the election fraud claims.

The "far-right" certainly doesn't hold a monopoly on any of that. ANTIFA is far-left and there's more wherever they came from:

You should read the wikipedia page on Antifa for a more detailed and rational understanding of that movement vis a vis the racist and increasingly fascistic right wing in this country:

Antifa (United States) - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
You should read the wikipedia page on Antifa for a more detailed and rational understanding of that movement vis a vis the racist and increasingly fascistic right wing in this country:

Antifa (United States) - Wikipedia
Thanks for the link. I'll do that. I've read a bunch of other stuff and some videos. Not sure if you caught the one I posted about the ex-AntiFa activist or the author who has written a book about the movement ( for lack of a better term ). I'd never even heard of it until @marduk brought it up one day. In the meantime is there some point you were hoping to make in suggesting that I read it? If so I'll attempt to focus on the content relevant to it.

Thanks for the link. I'll do that. I've read a bunch of other stuff and some videos. Not sure if you caught the one I posted about the ex-AntiFa activist or the author who has written a book about the movement ( for lack of a better term ). I'd never even heard of it until @marduk brought it up one day. In the meantime is there some point you were hoping to make in suggesting that I read it? If so I'll attempt to focus on the content relevant to it.
The article is lengthy and informative all the way through, so I'd suggest reading all of it for full comprehension.

The article is lengthy and informative all the way through, so I'd suggest reading all of it for full comprehension.
I did. Interesting how there have ( allegedly ) been some right-wing groups pulling stunts and blaming it on AntiFa.

"There have been multiple efforts to discredit antifa groups via hoaxes on social media,​
many of them false flag attacks originating from alt-right and 4chan users posing as antifa​
backers on Twitter."​
And in response: Fox News Commentators Claim Antifa Were Posing As MAGA Supporters

One thing I'm not in agreement with is that anarchists should be lumped-in with AntiFa in such a generalized way. I don't believe the general characterization of anarchism in Wikipedia does the subject justice. Conflating "political anarchism" with Philosophical Anarchism is like conflating Nazism with Conservatism.
Did you get a chance to watch either of the videos I posted?

Last edited:
Speaking of Trump, here's what qualifies as his defense in the impeachment trial:

I laughed out loud when I read some of those statements from Castor, and it takes a lot to make me do that.

As I said, we live in two different realities.
Has nobody down there attempted to conceive of a solution? The clip isn't the best Seth has done, but some of the content, even though liberally biased, still makes me shake my head in amazement. Is the polarization driven by the polarization in the media? Is there no voice of reason?

The mainstream or corporate media largely tries to do a good job within the constraints of needing to build ratings and get advertising dollars. I come from the mainstream media, although my experience is years back. While editorial policies may differ, they want to present the news as accurately as possible. The big problem is an over-emphasis on fairness that often lets downright lies get through from politicians and others with axes to grind.

Fox News, and to a larger extent Newsmax and others are pushing a conservative agenda facts be damned. In terms of balance, CNN is actually closer despite having prime time opinion commentators with a liberal bent. Same for the traditional outlets, such as the Washington Post and New York Times. MSNBC is often regarded as a liberal brand, but it's morning prime time host is a former conservative member of the U.S. Congress, and one of its midday anchors is the former Communications Director for a Republican President.

Joe Biden Wants To Destroy Free Speech on Social Media​

"Biden tells the New York Times he would revoke Section 230 protections and hold Facebook (and other sites) liable for their content."​

Personally I don't like Zuckerberg or Facebook either, but that doesn't mean I necessarily support political censorship of them.

About Reason:

"Reason provides a refreshing alternative to right-wing and left-wing opinion magazines by making a principled case for liberty and individual choice in all areas of human activity."​

Last edited:
Social networks have traditionally favored right-wing outlets. When they try to be more balanced and report outright proven lies, suddenly it becomes a crisis.

Social networks have traditionally favored right-wing outlets. When they try to be more balanced and report outright proven lies, suddenly it becomes a crisis.
Then again, wasn't it the Republicans making all the fuss about censuring them too because of how they censored Trump's shenanigans?

They have been doing that for years. Fox News ran segments how Google censored searches for Trump, but when I tested the theory on my devices, it was false.

They have been doing that for years. Fox News ran segments how Google censored searches for Trump, but when I tested the theory on my devices, it was false.
There's an example of you as a citizen taking the responsibility into your own hands for weighing the claims ( as it should be IMO ). It's another thing for the Government to do it for you ( right? ).

Politicians and academics call for Chinese style censorship of the Internet.

" ... last week by Harvard Law School professor Jack Goldsmith and University of Arizona law professor Andrew Keane Woods calling for Chinese style censorship of the internet. While Goldsmith and Keane are obviously not calling for authoritarian abuse, they are advocating control over the Internet to regulate speech — crossing the Rubicon from free speech to censorship models."​

Back