• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

I didn't think you had the guts to address it, but you sure proved its content by taking it down. I guess it's fake unless you approve it. Oh well your the one who has to live with yourself. Just ignore me and be proud of all you've done for the country. That's what I do.

It's fake because it's fake. I have provided you tons of evidence that virtually every link you have posted on these topics is either false or misleading. I don't need to repeat myself.

It would be nice to actually talk issues, rather than deal with fake claims from fringe web sites.

But that requires accepting the truism that you are entitled to your opinions, but not your facts.

From there we can talk, for starters, about the U.S. immigration problem, not with falsehoods about open borders or bringing in brown-skinned people to replace white people or vote illegally.

The real issue is that the vast majority of immigrants coming through the southern border are here to seek asylum due to bad conditions in their home countries, or just have a better life. How do we deal with them in a humane way and still exclude the small number of unsavory elements?

My grandparents came to America in the early 20th century from Eastern Europe to seek a better life. Those coming from Latin America nowadays are, by and large, seeking the same.

Now can we talk about real issues on how to solve the problem?

It would be nice to actually talk issues, rather than deal with fake claims from fringe web sites.

But that requires accepting the truism that you are entitled to your opinions, but not your facts.

From there we can talk, for starters, about the U.S. immigration problem, not with falsehoods about open borders or bringing in brown-skinned people to replace white people or vote illegally.

The real issue is that the vast majority of immigrants coming through the southern border are here to seek asylum due to bad conditions in their home countries, or just have a better life. How do we deal with them in a humane way and still exclude the small number of unsavory elements?

My grandparents came to America in the early 20th century from Eastern Europe to seek a better life. Those coming from Latin America nowadays are, by and large, seeking the same.

Now can we talk about real issues on how to solve the problem?
I would love it if we could do that . But first I would like to know why you think we have any semblance of controlled entry at the border. I have no problem with immigration if done in an orderly fashion and people are assimilated into the country as we are able to economically and logistically able to do so. As you know I am not liberal but I am compassionate and congenial unless my buttons are pushed.

We have tens of thousands of dedicated border patrol people who are trying their best. The difficulties are mainly that both parties haven't come together on an organized program to deal with them. You can't do it by fiat or executive order.

As I mentioned in a previous post, a large, bipartisan immigration reform bill was approved in the Senate by a wide margin when Obama was President. It would have required both Democrat and Republican votes in the House to OK it, which they would have done. But Speaker of the House John Boehner didn't have the guts to defy the extreme elements of his party and bring it to the floor. That, as they say, was that.

The only way things will get better is for the fear-mongering and hate to stop and for both parties to just get together and get something done. They already did good with a modest though useful gun control bill. So I suppose we shouldn't give up hope.

But immigration shouldn't be used for fear mongering and inciting racist fears. That helps nobody. Sometimes it gets people killed.

Both Reagan and "W" were compassionate about immigration, by the way. So you and I have something to agree about.

I actually can't disagree much with what you say except that while we are waiting for Congress to address and legislate immigration reform we are creating hate, vigilante mentality, loss of housing provided for low income citizens, unsupportable financial cost for free food, housing and medical treatment. ( which will be passed on to tax payers) We are also creating a situation for exploitation of migrants, increase in an already out of control homeless problem and a huge
Influx of drugs and undesirables ( I think you underestimate the damage even a few can do). There is also the risk of disease and we seem to be lackadaisical about the northern border also. Now what do we do about it?

You aren't reading the article carefully, which, if true, would reflect his desire to help lower worldwide oil prices. We produce lots of oil, but prices are set on a world market, not in any one country. Clearly the writer of that headline is too stupid to know that.

Gas prices here in Arizona are down now over 40 cents from their peak.

Just misleading and negatively opinionated. Bezos has no solution to offer for high oil prices. It's not the gas stations, it's the oil companies making record profits that partly contributes to the problem. He's a little confused too despite his wealth. He should go back to selling books and taking aging sci-fi stars into space. The amount of oil production is decided by private companies not the government, at least here.

As to the polls, we forget that Trump had poor polls during his entire term, but the right-wing media chooses to forget that.

The problem is that the right-wing meme of a bended knee being disrespectful is sheer nonsense. It's time to stop presenting this crap.

In fact, this view is strictly empty-headed, having nothing to do with the reality of that posture, which is this:

Kneeling is a sign of reverence, submissiveness, deference—and sometimes mourning and vulnerability.

In other words, a sign of respect.

Give it up!

Once again you didn't read and you missed the point and didn't answer the question. She entered a foreign country with drugs that are band there. We are remiss for not doing the same here.

Back