• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phoenix Lights

Greers Meeting Planner

Paranormal Adept
I propose an explanation

...drones flying in fixed formation...

Fits lots of the criteria:
- could explain points of light seemingly fixed in position as drone swarms can adjust flight to stay exact distances appart
- could appear as one large craft at night to the on ground observer
- could be virtually silent or low humming noise
- could move slowly, maintain altitude and over long ranges
- could 'blink out' or 'blink in' if they have on board lights

Could this (remote operated drone swarms) be a secret military technology being developed back in the 90's and as per usual, the military being ahead of the curve in break through tech.

If I saw a drone swarm at night in the 90's I certainly wouldn't know what it was and may have looked to an exotic explanation (or my brain at least may have interpreted it as one big triangular craft).

If it was it would also explain motivation's of weird actions of officialdom to discredit the incident, not follow up in investigations, and want to obtain public footage as this could have been an expensive classified project that flew off course and was not intended for public viewing

I propose an explanation

...drones flying in fixed formation...

Fits lots of the criteria:
- could explain points of light seemingly fixed in position as drone swarms can adjust flight to stay exact distances appart
- could appear as one large craft at night to the on ground observer
- could be virtually silent or low humming noise
- could move slowly, maintain altitude and over long ranges
- could 'blink out' or 'blink in' if they have on board lights

Could this (remote operated drone swarms) be a secret military technology being developed back in the 90's and as per usual, the military being ahead of the curve in break through tech.

If I saw a drone swarm at night in the 90's I certainly wouldn't know what it was and may have looked to an exotic explanation (or my brain at least may have interpreted it as one big triangular craft).

If it was it would also explain motivation's of weird actions of officialdom to discredit the incident, not follow up in investigations, and want to obtain public footage as this could have been an expensive classified project that flew off course and was not intended for public viewing
that explanation wouldn't explain away the eye witnessed accounts explaining the stars were blocked out by a solid object larger than a football feild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

that explanation wouldn't explain away the eye witnessed accounts explaining the stars were blocked out by a solid object larger than a football feild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is true. It would rely on those witnesses being inaccurate or some other explanation such as light level adjustment of your eyes as you look at points of light in relative foreground (craft in atmosphere) vs. Background (distant stars)

Last night I went out to have a few beers with an old friend (a software applications architect, and bass player in a band I used to be in). With us living in Phoenix, I mentioned at one point that it was the 20th anniversary of the Phoenix Lights. He didn’t know what I meant by “Phoenix Lights”. Once I explained it he said “Oh yeah, I saw that”. He went on to say that on that night in 1997 he had been out on his patio with his wife in central Phoenix when it came over. He described it as huge, silent, not particularly low in altitude, and said it was remarkable the way the five lights moved in perfect precision as though all attached to one thing. He said that you wouldn’t see individual aircraft move like that, that you would see some relative movement between the lights. He also said that at one point two military jets flew by it. I mentioned that some people say it was a mile wide. He didn’t think that was unreasonable. Figuring it was something military, he never gave it much more thought after that other than seeing reports on the news.

I wonder how many other people saw it that night and then just went on without ever thinking much about it.

Last night I went out to have a few beers with an old friend (a software applications architect, and bass player in a band I used to be in). With us living in Phoenix, I mentioned at one point that it was the 20th anniversary of the Phoenix Lights. He didn’t know what I meant by “Phoenix Lights”. Once I explained it he said “Oh yeah, I saw that”. He went on to say that on that night in 1997 he had been out on his patio with his wife in central Phoenix when it came over. He described it as huge, silent, not particularly low in altitude, and said it was remarkable the way the five lights moved in perfect precision as though all attached to one thing. He said that you wouldn’t see individual aircraft move like that, that you would see some relative movement between the lights. He also said that at one point two military jets flew by it. I mentioned that some people say it was a mile wide. He didn’t think that was unreasonable. Figuring it was something military, he never gave it much more thought after that other than seeing reports on the news.

I wonder how many other people saw it that night and then just went on without ever thinking much about it.
When you look at anything unusual the brain moves pretty quick to decide is that normal or paranormal? That instant decision takes a witness on two different paths though it alters not the object. It's another example of the significance of witnesses determining what becomes paranormal history and what doesn't. Why does none person think no big deal whole others are rapt in awe?

So just what where the Phoenix Lights. To this day I still struggle to understand and define what my wife and I saw that night. My writing our account was a long time in coming, as I’ve debated this for many years with myself and other, trying to make sense of everything that happened.

This event started for us, when my newly pregnant wife and I decided to get some fresh air that night, and walk to Grover’s Park a short distance from our apartment. I can’t remember exactly what time it was but believe it was sometime around 9 or 9:30 pm. Our home was on Cave Creek Rd, between E. Bell Rd and Union Hills Dr.

Once we got to the park we were observing the Hale-Bop comet, as the skies very clear and view of the sky was unobstructed. We could almost see from horizon to horizon. Just as we were starting to walk back to the apartment north of the park, I turned to get one last glimpse of the comet. And that’s when I see this massive V-shaped wing, VERY LOW altitude directly above our heads.

It was moving very slowly as it was moving north bound. I could see about 5 lights underneath, which I remember as brilliant white, but not radiating any heat, nor any beams downward. They seemed more like light panels. The underside of this thing seemed to wave or ripple, there were also what appeared to be windows along the leading edge. The trailing edge or rear had what looked like louvered panels. I couldn’t tell exactly as they were unlit but I could see a definite outline. Lastly I could hear a low buzzing sound, much like multiple chainsaw engines as it passed above us. We observed this thing flying above and passing us headed north for a good 3 minutes or so.

My first impression was that we were being visited. But later, I had second thoughts. After we arrived home, I noticed those same lights had somehow came to rest along the mountain ridges due north of us about 10 miles or so away. This was confirmed as the same string of lights others have posted online and elsewhere in the media. I watched those same lights stay along that ridge for several hours, even until dawn of the next morning.

This is where my skepticism begins. First, I’m a prior service U.S. Army veteran with a Field Artillery Radar Crewmember MOS. I’m also a private pilot and former civil air patrol senior member. I’ve been heavily involved in aviation and aerospace community for 30+ years. None of my experience and training can make sense of this being military flares, optical illusions, swap gas or some other extraordinary phenomena.

1. Military Flares don’t stay illuminated for hours on end

2. This thing was less than 1000 ft above ground level

3. Sky conditions were clear with calm winds. Visibility was unrestricted for miles

4. No other aircraft, military, civilian or law enforcement were present

5. Do to it path above the ground, there was very good lighting from underneath.

So the current Air Force and DoD explanations make no sense. In trying to interpret and understand what I saw, I came up with this was some elaborate hoax. Potentially using several ultralights to tow some rigged horizontal banner. That would account for the chainsaw like noise from their engines, and the wave like motion beneath it. The louvers in the material could be necessary to decrease drag and aerodynamic forces imparted by towing such a large structure. The only problem with this is just how someone could rig those huge circular lights to remain equidistant from each other and remain motionless. So even my own trite explanation is full of holes.

So just what was it in the sky that March 13, 1997. Extraterrestrial, human hoax, military exercise, or were we all hypnotized to think we saw something. Perhaps we will learn the truth someday. I’d like to see how many others witnessed this in northwest Phoenix. Or if anyone has anything else to add or share to this I really like to know.

I recall reports that these aircraft, after passing over Phoenix, flew over the Interstate leaving the city. I am wondering why extraterrestrials need to follow a highway in order to get their bearings?

...He described it as huge, silent, not particularly low in altitude, and said it was remarkable the way the five lights moved in perfect precision as though all attached to one thing. He said that you wouldn’t see individual aircraft move like that, that you would see some relative movement between the lights.
Normally one would expect some independent movement between physically unconnected objects, however like @Greers Meeting Planner pointed out, these days drones can be radio linked and programmed to move in near perfect precision. Below is asnother example. I've ran across another one someplace where they did an outdoor display:

I recall reports that these aircraft, after passing over Phoenix, flew over the Interstate leaving the city. I am wondering why extraterrestrials need to follow a highway in order to get their bearings?
Maybe their GPS broke. Or maybe they were just following the trail of ants.

So just what where the Phoenix Lights. To this day I still struggle to understand and define what my wife and I saw that night. My writing our account was a long time in coming, as I’ve debated this for many years with myself and other, trying to make sense of everything that happened.

This event started for us, when my newly pregnant wife and I decided to get some fresh air that night, and walk to Grover’s Park a short distance from our apartment. I can’t remember exactly what time it was but believe it was sometime around 9 or 9:30 pm. Our home was on Cave Creek Rd, between E. Bell Rd and Union Hills Dr.

Once we got to the park we were observing the Hale-Bop comet, as the skies very clear and view of the sky was unobstructed. We could almost see from horizon to horizon. Just as we were starting to walk back to the apartment north of the park, I turned to get one last glimpse of the comet. And that’s when I see this massive V-shaped wing, VERY LOW altitude directly above our heads.

It was moving very slowly as it was moving north bound. I could see about 5 lights underneath, which I remember as brilliant white, but not radiating any heat, nor any beams downward. They seemed more like light panels. The underside of this thing seemed to wave or ripple, there were also what appeared to be windows along the leading edge. The trailing edge or rear had what looked like louvered panels. I couldn’t tell exactly as they were unlit but I could see a definite outline. Lastly I could hear a low buzzing sound, much like multiple chainsaw engines as it passed above us. We observed this thing flying above and passing us headed north for a good 3 minutes or so.

My first impression was that we were being visited. But later, I had second thoughts. After we arrived home, I noticed those same lights had somehow came to rest along the mountain ridges due north of us about 10 miles or so away. This was confirmed as the same string of lights others have posted online and elsewhere in the media. I watched those same lights stay along that ridge for several hours, even until dawn of the next morning.

This is where my skepticism begins. First, I’m a prior service U.S. Army veteran with a Field Artillery Radar Crewmember MOS. I’m also a private pilot and former civil air patrol senior member. I’ve been heavily involved in aviation and aerospace community for 30+ years. None of my experience and training can make sense of this being military flares, optical illusions, swap gas or some other extraordinary phenomena.

1. Military Flares don’t stay illuminated for hours on end

2. This thing was less than 1000 ft above ground level

3. Sky conditions were clear with calm winds. Visibility was unrestricted for miles

4. No other aircraft, military, civilian or law enforcement were present

5. Do to it path above the ground, there was very good lighting from underneath.

So the current Air Force and DoD explanations make no sense. In trying to interpret and understand what I saw, I came up with this was some elaborate hoax. Potentially using several ultralights to tow some rigged horizontal banner. That would account for the chainsaw like noise from their engines, and the wave like motion beneath it. The louvers in the material could be necessary to decrease drag and aerodynamic forces imparted by towing such a large structure. The only problem with this is just how someone could rig those huge circular lights to remain equidistant from each other and remain motionless. So even my own trite explanation is full of holes.

So just what was it in the sky that March 13, 1997. Extraterrestrial, human hoax, military exercise, or were we all hypnotized to think we saw something. Perhaps we will learn the truth someday. I’d like to see how many others witnessed this in northwest Phoenix. Or if anyone has anything else to add or share to this I really like to know.

Its a intresting event in US history and another UFO story which doesnot mean ET in many cases. Reminds me of Stan T. Friedman ,MSc quote
"Despite many gaps in my knowledge . I would say that both have stood the onslaught of the nasty negatives . I am still convinced that Roswell really happened, that the Eisenhower Briefing Document and Truman -Forestal , Culter -Twining and probably SOM 1.01 Memos are the most classified documents ever leaked to the public.230." TOP SECRET/MAJIC (1996).

Also the alleged Roswell Memo is key (one element ) not the alleged diary as seen on History Doco. Two eyewitness both confirmed late Stans hypothesis on Roswell 3 events and the genuine Majic documents. Not the White house stamp either. Dr. Randal and his guest was great interviews Also Paracast show last show with Martin and enjoyed his critical thinking , but egos in this crazy field. As stated JANAP G-7 then refer to 1977 update in LT. Fawcett and B. Greenwwod 'UFO COVER-UP then
JANAP-(E, 1977) then JANP-ARQ-54. Then Captain Ruppelt p.69. and Roswell Memo section F51. Then read T.J.Carey and D.R.Schmtt excellent book Witness To Roswell (2007) .Hault's final message.211. Cover-Up still ongoing on the real stuff not the chaff feed even today.

Back