1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Phoenix Lights

Discussion in 'The Black Triangles Forum' started by Greers Meeting Planner, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Greers Meeting Planner

Greers Meeting Planner Paranormal Adept

I propose an explanation

...drones flying in fixed formation...

Fits lots of the criteria:
    - could explain points of light seemingly fixed in position as drone swarms can adjust flight to stay exact distances appart
    - could appear as one large craft at night to the on ground observer
    - could be virtually silent or low humming noise
    - could move slowly, maintain altitude and over long ranges
    - could 'blink out' or 'blink in' if they have on board lights

Could this (remote operated drone swarms) be a secret military technology being developed back in the 90's and as per usual, the military being ahead of the curve in break through tech.

If I saw a drone swarm at night in the 90's I certainly wouldn't know what it was and may have looked to an exotic explanation (or my brain at least may have interpreted it as one big triangular craft).

If it was it would also explain motivation's of weird actions of officialdom to discredit the incident, not follow up in investigations, and want to obtain public footage as this could have been an expensive classified project that flew off course and was not intended for public viewing

Sand likes this.
  2. Greers Meeting Planner

3. matthew1977

matthew1977 Paranormal Adept

that explanation wouldn't explain away the eye witnessed accounts explaining the stars were blocked out by a solid object larger than a football feild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sand and technomage like this.
  4. Greers Meeting Planner

This is true. It would rely on those witnesses being inaccurate or some other explanation such as light level adjustment of your eyes as you look at points of light in relative foreground (craft in atmosphere) vs. Background (distant stars)

Sand likes this.
  5. Sand

Sand Paranormal Adept

Last night I went out to have a few beers with an old friend (a software applications architect, and bass player in a band I used to be in). With us living in Phoenix, I mentioned at one point that it was the 20th anniversary of the Phoenix Lights. He didn’t know what I meant by “Phoenix Lights”. Once I explained it he said “Oh yeah, I saw that”. He went on to say that on that night in 1997 he had been out on his patio with his wife in central Phoenix when it came over. He described it as huge, silent, not particularly low in altitude, and said it was remarkable the way the five lights moved in perfect precision as though all attached to one thing. He said that you wouldn’t see individual aircraft move like that, that you would see some relative movement between the lights. He also said that at one point two military jets flew by it. I mentioned that some people say it was a mile wide. He didn’t think that was unreasonable. Figuring it was something military, he never gave it much more thought after that other than seeing reports on the news.

I wonder how many other people saw it that night and then just went on without ever thinking much about it.

6. Burnt State

Burnt State Paranormal Adept

open minded & critical
    When you look at anything unusual the brain moves pretty quick to decide is that normal or paranormal? That instant decision takes a witness on two different paths though it alters not the object. It's another example of the significance of witnesses determining what becomes paranormal history and what doesn't. Why does none person think no big deal whole others are rapt in awe?

Sand likes this.
  7. blowfish

blowfish Whittingham

Seeking knowledge from others. Open Minds
    Yep the drone theory sounds very plausible not ignoring outside human interference in some case.