• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phil Donahue owns O'Reilly

Hummarstra said:
I watch Bill

I also catch him from time to time. I'm not defending him, just saying that he is often taken out of context by people pushing their own agenda. Recently, he was criticised in the NY Times about his anti-Mexican racist rant. I happened to be watching the show that night. His rant was at the "U.S. government's policy" on immigration. He said that if "he" was a poor person living south of the border, he would try to sneak into the US too. He said that he doesn't blame them a bit. Most who criticise him haven't seen the show in full. Many have only seen cherry-picked snippets or blog critiques.

I've also been watching Chris Matthews lately, but was disgusted when he and his guests were recently laughing about the situation in Burma. They were having a great time, but it seemed odd to laugh at a situation where peaceful demonstrators were being killed in the streets. It was probably around the time this Japanese reporter was executed in the street by government thugs (caution: graphic).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BUUQi1ooEAs

This revolt doesn't have a chance because their government is propped up by the Chinese. And they have limitless resources because practically everything ee buy comes from them and their virtually slave labor.

And regarding Donahue, we can't let him off the hook either. He made his name and fortune by taking advantage of personal tragedies. Gene was right. It's all about entertainment. Everyone should make sure they have more than one source for news.

devan said:
Hummarstra said:
I watch Bill

I also catch him from time to time. I'm not defending him, just saying that he is often taken out of context by people pushing their own agenda. Recently, he was criticised in the NY Times about his anti-Mexican racist rant. I happened to be watching the show that night. His rant was at the "U.S. government's policy" on immigration. He said that if "he" was a poor person living south of the border, he would try to sneak into the US too. He said that he doesn't blame them a bit. Most who criticise him haven't seen the show in full. Many have only seen cherry-picked snippets or blog critiques.

If I wanted to use a conspiracy theory, I think O'Reilly does that deliberately, saying things that can be taken out of context, and then revels in blasting the media for putting a nasty spin on what he says.

The spin stops here indeed :D

Letterman and Bill

I see you couldn't get it to work too Gene. At least nothing but a white box is showing on my end.

Try it again, this is a different vid, same show though. Check out the other parts here. Some are better than the one here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WacUxwGY-wo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WacUxwGY-wo

I support the troops by not supporting the war.... Then again, our troops aren't all saints, and certainly aren't freedom fighters. And have killed children too. Bill seems to over look this.

Gene Steinberg said:
If I wanted to use a conspiracy theory, I think O'Reilly does that deliberately, saying things that can be taken out of context, and then revels in blasting the media for putting a nasty spin on what he says.

Interesting thought.

Now, if this was a political discussion forum (I thought the intent was to explore the paranormal) I would love to hear an honest, bi-partisan discussion of China. Jobs in the US are being lost every day because US companies can't compete with .50 an hour labor. It's a real crisis that few people seem to be concerned about. They support Burma's dictatorship as that government shoots protesters and witnesses (see youtube link [graphic] above). (Burma's dictator refused to step down after he lost in an election.) China also supports Iran's unpopular government because they are getting cheap oil needed to make our junk and build their military. Quite ironic.

I must confess that, in my personal discussions, I have sometimes borrowed a quote from David. During one of the shows, I believe it was David who said that one day China will be able to knock at the front door of the White House and say that the U.S. has been repossessed. That was a great statement, directly to the point, and is clear enough for everyone to get the picture. In addition to making all the junk we buy and increasingly moving into health care products and processed foodstuffs, they are the second largest holder of treasury securities (http://www.treasury.gov/tic/mfh.txt).

China is in a position where they could seriously damage the US economy (which would ripple around the world, though). Since they manufacture seemingly most of what US consumers buy anymore as well as product spare parts, they are in the catbird seat. And in doing so, China is polluting its air, rivers and lakes on an unimaginable scale. If that was David's quote, it was brilliant and is something every American should hear and demand answers from their elected officials. Now, that could be a substantive discussion rather than the posting of old clips of dumb entertainers, each with their own agenda, for partisan purposes. It reminds me of the time and energy spent in the see-saw rehashing of Roswell when there is current activity, particularly in South America, that needs investigation.

Not so sure China will be knocking on our door all that soon because they are actually facing labor shortages, at least currently, and if a friend who travels there is correct, they are absolutely tied to ours and the world's power to buy just as we were.

My friend has a factory in China and the product he makes is fully 1/4 of that particular product sold worldwide, at least with countries who trade with China. There can't be many who don't trade with them anymore, correct?

Anyway, the friend has seen a trend develop rather quickly. Wages have increased so rapidly within the country that he cannot keep laborers. There are simply more manufacturing jobs available than the trained workforce can supply. Apparently, job training is extensively available or the work force couldn't move around as he is seeing it happen. Simply put, rising wages are creating a demand that could eventually fuel inflation within China's borders as well as that of the rest of the world.

They are subject to the economic woes of the rest of the world and will actually dictate what is done, just as we have in the past, yes. But the price won't be cheap in China anymore either.

Unless Icke has a theory suggesting that O'Reilly and Donahue are reptillians, let's close this thread. We have been a perfect example of what is wrong with modern UFOlogy. Me included. Valuable time and energy is lost bashing someone or arguing a topic not even remotely related to UFOlogy.

IMO, the quality of "Toast" has gone downhill since Art left the scene. Disappointed listeners may stumble upon the Paracast forums and think the site is just a politically-oriented, left of center, website where some have even questioned the authenticity of the first moon landings. Someone with a serious interest in the subject, who is tired of the incessant political and religious arguing, may be turned off. They would go to the kos, whiskeyfire.typepad.com or the like if that's what they wanted.

Freedom of expression and the objective evaluation of all sides of an argument are necessary for an accurate evaluation of a topic, but I sure wish these forums had active moderating to keep the topics on track. Maybe a moderator for each category? You see that in many successful financial message boards. Probably wishful thinking, since it does require a commitment of time and effort from a number of people. But a quality, on-topic, serious message board would be great for the future of the Paracast product.

Mybe we can close this thread, though, with a new "rap" on the military...
<object width="425" height="350">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DqaWdkdFb3Y"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DqaWdkdFb3Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>
</object>

Back