• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pentagon UFO Study - Media Monitoring

Christopher O'Brien - the recently former co-host of The Paracast, is currently working on a set of three portable ufo observatories outfitted with a wide array of scientific instrumentation so he can collect data on ufo events in the San Luis Valley and broadcast it in real time online for everyone to see and analyze.

Any links to sites or videos?

You're the one who said ( to paraphrase ) that "they'd be insane not to classify it" ( the video and radar intel ). Personally I don't know if they did, or what the rules are around all that. Neither do you at this point. All I've done is shown the law pertaining to disclosure of classified intel if it was indeed considered classified.
I don't know why you can't tell the difference between radar data and clear footage of these things and other types of material evidence, from a guy mouthing off about what he saw at his console 40 miles away. But that's the key difference: what some guy saw is of no intelligence value or national security significance. The raw data collected from the event, that's an entirely different matter.

It's like the nuclear testing at Bikini Atoll: people saying what they saw is not classified intel. How to make a nuclear bomb is, so photos and blueprints and intelligence reports about it - all that stuff is classified.

Any links to sites or videos?
Yep, there are a couple of links about his project on the May 12th posting at his Patreon page:
Christopher OBrien is creating The San Luis Valley Camera/Monitoring Project | Patreon

Last edited:
I don't know why you can't tell the difference between radar data and clear footage of these things and other types of material evidence, from a guy mouthing off about what he saw at his console 40 miles away.
Let's not get into a personality war by making comments about each other's ability to discern. It won't help either of us. Let's stick with references and critical thinking instead.
But that's the key difference: what some guy saw is of no intelligence value or national security significance. The raw data collected from the event, that's an entirely different matter.
It is entirely possible that an enlisted person with specialized training on specialized equipment is subject to rules that prohibit them from talking about it, including what is detected by such equipment as it could reveal the technical capability of such equipment. But like I said, I don't know the particulars. Neither do you. You're making an assumption. I'm still asking questions.
It's like the nuclear testing at Bikini Atoll: people saying what they saw is not classified intel. How to make a nuclear bomb is, so photos and blueprints and intelligence reports about it - all that stuff is classified.
According to this site: "Participants in atomic bomb testing programs were sworn to secrecy, told not to ever talk about their experience at a nuclear test site under penalty of Law." - Atomic Veterans of America

Maybe not everyone was automatically expected to keep quiet, but my suspicion is that those tests were probably classified and everyone officially involved was probably informed that they were part of the test and couldn't blab about them. That's seems like the safest assumption ( if we're going to be making assumptions ).

Last edited:
According to this site: "Participants in atomic bomb testing programs were sworn to secrecy, told not to ever talk about their experience at a nuclear test site under penalty of Law." - Atomic Veterans of America

Maybe not everyone was automatically expected to keep quiet, but my suspicion is that those tests were probably classified and everyone officially involved was probably informed that they were part of the test and couldn't blab about them. That's the safest assumption.
Fair enough - it was a bad example because the nuclear weapons program was in fact a classified US military research program, unlike the appearance of alien technology in our skies. I suppose there just isn't a good analogy for the phenomenon of alien craft encountering our terrestrial military apparatus.

But you tipped your hand with this comment:

They declassified it for Zondo on the understanding it would be used for pilot training purposes, and then Zondo sandbagged them with the UFO angle.
So now I understand why you're so committed to the idea that the radar operators would be violating their security oaths by coming forward. Because if that were true, it would fit your narrative that the AATIP and TTSA and everyone involved in it is some kind of huckster or fraud, which is of course has been the factless default position of The Paracast from day one.

And that also explains why you never confirmed your intent to be objective about this story with your timeline project - it's clear now that you want to use that project to support your suspicions and contempt for this story and the people involved with it. So no I won't be helping you add to the blizzard of hit pieces already out there, which are bending over backwards to make people think that confirmation of the ufo phenomenon from a legitimate Pentagon program and our top military pilots is a bad thing.

Regarding the security oath, I believe witnessing a flying saucer while on duty is not the same as reading a classified document and learning that flying saucers exist. That's why the witnesses can blab, but Elizondo and Puthoff can't...

(How would you know that flying saucers are classified if the government is covering up the fact that they exist?)

I just noticed Kevin Day posted this on his facebook page on June 17th:
The logistics haven't been hammered out.. but I will be going to San Fran in a few weeks for an interview with a documentary producer ... I'm now on a team with Sen. Harry Reid, Luis Elizondo, Dr. Hal Puthoff, Dr. Jaques Valle, and others.. later this summer, it is hoped, I will likely be traveling to DC to testify before the U.S. Senate with the same folks.. I can't even believe this is all happening.. wish me luck.. I so desperately want to do the right thing and pray to God I have the right stuff to do it..

Another message on the same day:
To Ken Jason and others that see the personal opportunities for me in this, I have to make the following statements for the record.

My agenda with all of this is to simply open the door for public acceptance that this phenomenon is real. I've thought a great deal about this. That day sitting in Combat onboard the PRINCETON, I was a very humbled man. With all my years of experience and training, with all the years and experience of everyone else witnessing these events, we had no explanation. None. What. So. Ever.

All the money, time, and effort training what was at the time, arguably, the U.S. Navy's most elite sea warriors? Completely, utterly, ineffectual. That just can't be the case any longer, can it?

Consider it, we have what appear to be non-Newtonian objects operating freely in the skies above us, yet, talking about them is still considered 'fringe' or even 'crazy' by many? I have to ask myself, just who is crazy here?

Assuming the case that at least some of the UAP observations being made are real, and at least some of the folks making the observations sane, and without hidden agendas as in the case here, then the only sane course of action is to empower and fully support those in a position to figure this out for the rest of us. How? By helping to open the door to acceptance by the American public. That, is my goal. That, is the team I'm on.

Although I do have my own private thoughts, I will leave all of the speculation about the nature of these objects to those who are qualified to speculate. Our actual story is bizarre enough on it's own.

My role in this now? Lobby support from some of my former shipmates so that they too can sit next to me before the entire world, on CNN, on FOX, on the Networks, as we tell our story with a collective voice. So that perhaps a majority of the American people might finally accept this as real – and get our Government to act.

If I do anything short of that, then I might end up doing more harm than good in this effort. I think I see this very clearly now. Crystal clear. Thank you for the wise counsel by some, you know who you are.

I also saw he linked a paper called "Metric-Tensor-6.pdf" by Hal Puthoff, but the link is now broken:
The linked paper below by Dr. Hal Puthoff and effort by certain qualified others is what I'm hoping to support.

Source: Kevin Day's facebook page

Sorry for the serial posts... I found a very interesting post on Reddit from a month ago that has many similarities with Kevin Day's account:

r/UFOs - This experience left me a believer.

It's a retelling of a 2016 intercept involving objects observed on radar moving slowly at high altitude, just like the Nimitz UFOs. Jets were scrambled as well, but the behavior was slightly different. At first, the objects would disappear from radar altogether when the jets got too close, and reappear when they got away. On a later intercept, the pilots managed to reach their target and claim to have seen a black triangle craft shaped like an upside down pyramid that exhibited out of this world maneuverability. There's even a sketch.

Fair enough - it was a bad example ...
No problem. Just separating the signal from the noise.
So now I understand why you're so committed to the idea that the radar operators would be violating their security oaths by coming forward.
I haven't been saying I'm " committed to the idea that the radar operators would be violating their security oaths by coming forward". I've been saying that talking about high-tech detection equipment and/or what was detected by it could conceivably be a security issue because it could give away clues about the operational capacity of such equipment, but that I don't know enough about it, and that we need to do more research to be sure, as well as see some verification of credentials. So try harder not to put words in my mouth.
Because if that were true, it would fit your narrative that the AATIP and TTSA and everyone involved in it is some kind of huckster or fraud, which is of course has been the factless default position of The Paracast from day one.
It's not "my narrative". Quit trying to make this personal. If you watched the video I posted from UFO Seekers on the TTSA, it appears to make a pretty good case that there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on with little substance mainly for the purpose of transferring debt out of other companies DeLonge is involved with and paying it off with "investment" in TTSA that is way overvalued. If that info can be offset by other articles that appear to be equally well researched that prove otherwise, then that's fine.
And that also explains why you never confirmed your intent to be objective about this story with your timeline project - it's clear now that you want to use that project to support your suspicions and contempt for this story and the people involved with it. So no I won't be helping you add to the blizzard of hit pieces already out there, which are bending over backwards to make people think that confirmation of the ufo phenomenon from a legitimate Pentagon program and our top military pilots is a bad thing.
I don't see how you get any of that, and anyone who knows me here knows my intent. I posted a message asking if you use Google Docs and Drive plus suggested we talk over Skype. No reply. But whatever the case, in light of this discussion I think I'll withdraw that offer as this isn't the kind of cooperation that feels positive, and I don't need the added stress. If anyone else wants to volunteer the help would be welcome.

Last edited:
All this debating is just dissipation of energy. We should be doing what Chris O'Brien is doing, making observation stations and putting them into our backgardens.

Last edited:
Enjoyed Paul Kimballs description of the phenomena (folks have to sign up to After-the Paracast ) and like eyewitness in ther past have seen these A.I type ability interaction with military projects. Also as suggested by the current debate tip of the iceburg .

I've figured it all out!

Here are my latest predictions/wild speculation:

1. We're soon going to get confirmation that the rumored "USO" did in fact exist and was a flying saucer hiding in the water. The Tic Tacs are reconnaissance drones used for purposes similar to a periscope on a submarine. Not sure if it's 1 Tic Tac per saucer or 1 fleet of Tic Tacs per saucer, but each one is controlled by AI, as evidenced by the systematic yo-yo behavior when approached by wildlife. I assume there's also a manual override if you need to have a playful dogfight with an F-18.

2. Saucers are classified, but Tic Tacs and metamaterials are not. When AATIP/BAASS put together the declassified executive report, it omitted the saucers but allowed components such as the Tic Tacs and metamaterials to hang out. The "lie" may have started then, and the only way they could get the full truth out was by having "anonymous Trevor" leak one classified detail: "I saw a clearly dome-shaped, flat-bottomed saucer." They're peeling one more layer off the onion, and suddenly the focus is not on the various components anymore. It's not just UFOs that are real, it's also flying saucers. The ability to dangle the superficial stuff first is what made Nimitz the ideal first case for slow-drip disclosure.

3. Gimbal and Go Fast are footage of the same phenomenon as Nimitz. They were also picked specifically because they occurred over international waters.

4. Knapp and Corbell have privileged access to BAASS/AATIP-related sources, and are outlets for sensitive or classified information. All the information and documents "leaked" so far were at some point in the hands of either BAASS personnel or TTSA board members long before the NY Times article hit. These are being disseminated through a sort of divide-and-conquer strategy. They get the information out in bits through different journalists so that there's legal protections. Each leak is relatively small and insignificant on its own; in fact, unless you know the story well, they all sound like typical crazy UFO stories. But all together, they enable people like Puthoff and Elizondo to go into more detail without disclosing anything sensitive, because the news articles associated with the leaks are evidence that the information was public knowledge.

5. There is no way the new Nimitz witnesses spontaneously decided to come forward. We may find out that Fravor, Trevor, Kevin and the other Nimitz witnesses that are about to come out of hiding were all interviewed by BAASS about the effects of close encounters on humans. Whoever planned this coordinated witness roll-out had access to their files and made sure to select witnesses known to have a very narrow point of view. Each witness is a classified document, but you can't cut people into pieces or tell them the whole truth and ask them to selectively lie like a trained spy. You can however find people that have complementary knowledge that only slightly overlaps, and you can control the order and the pace of information releases. If they had NDAs preventing them from coming forward until now, the authority that issued them may have revoked them. The timing and the very narrow nature of the first-hand accounts we've seen so far seem deliberate.

I'd call these 'rational deductions' that are leading me to the following fun conclusions:
  • These entities are aware of us and our capabilities. (tictac evasive actions)
  • We have no control over the entities/automatons/drones observing us.
  • Our level of technological advancement is no match (and will never be) against the recorded capabilities of these 'tictacs'/flying objects.
  • Our presence on this planet is tolerated (explains why we can still post in the paracast forums lol)
  • The development of nukes somewhat interferes with their experiments (Salas...) or local installations.
  • This planet may serve as a laboratory or may be part of a network of ET outposts.
  • There are likely many external civilizations experimenting or installed here (likely underwater, Antarctica ?).
  • Until humanity joins together as one entity to address and attempt communication with this 'flying tictac phenomena', this will never get resolved.
That very limited disclosure back in December is obviously a test to measure social panic related to this subject as at 2017. As of today... what else could it be lol. All right I'll admit it will generate a few bucks for the TTSA lol

The honest admission (not fake news) that the US military has no control over these flying objects has not resulted in additional sales of blood pressure pills, anti-depressants, suicides.... etc. Or has it ?

Blue book conclusion was partly honest: No UFO reported, investigated and evaluated by the Air Force was ever an indication of threat to our national security. (in other words: we can't do anything about it right now and they're leaving us alone).

My conclusion is: We may one day be a threat to ET security on this planet. That day will obviously be fatal to us ;)

Yeah Ezechiel, you nailed it. UFOs are big opportunity for the whole mankind:

1. Accepting their existence will kick of scientific race to catch up with them. Huge benefit to science.

2. It will unite mankind and multiply our power, which already started to be united through Internet and freedom of flow of capital.

Yeah Ezechiel, you nailed it. UFOs are big opportunity for the whole mankind:

1. Accepting their existence will kick of scientific race to catch up with them. Huge benefit to science.

2. It will unite mankind and multiply our power, which already started to be united through Internet and freedom of flow of capital.

Very much so. The demonstrated capabilities which defy 'human understanding' of our physical realm forces us into new directions.

By acting like 'showoffs' they're actually sending a clear message to humanity: 'You guys think you are smart with your advanced aircraft ? Try catching us for fun'...

First disclosure starts with a simple 'catch me if you can game' ? lol

Last edited:
You guys have a very positive outlook on Disclosure. It's not all fun stuff though.

Disclosure is a major destabilizing event that threatens governments. Some world governments are not even stable in the first place. Will stable countries take advantage of this to manipulate unstable countries?

This Disclosure will allow sleazy humans to take advantage of others in a big way. New crimes we can't even comprehend will no doubt happen.

Will it be legal for us to communicate with ET without a government approved ambassador? Can I use my ET friend's knowledge and technology to gain an unfair advantage over my peers? Can I sprinkle some ET bodily fluids over a crime scene and blame ET for crimes or oversight?

Or will we be cut off from them entirely, having to trust that authorized people are not lying?

Are there alien dollars?

Anyway, it's all going to suck for us. The gadgets are a small consolation.

You guys have a very positive outlook on Disclosure. It's not all fun stuff though.

Disclosure is a major destabilizing event that threatens governments. Some world governments are not even stable in the first place. Will stable countries take advantage of this to manipulate unstable countries?
This Disclosure will allow sleazy humans to take advantage of others in a big way. New crimes we can't even comprehend will no doubt happen.
Will it be legal for us to communicate with ET without a government approved ambassador? Can I use my ET friend's knowledge and technology to gain an unfair advantage over my peers? Can I sprinkle some ET bodily fluids over a crime scene and blame ET for crimes or oversight?
Or will we be cut off from them entirely, having to trust that authorized people are not lying?
Are there alien dollars?
Anyway, it's all going to suck for us. The gadgets are a small consolation.

No doubt, it's a major paradigm shift that will trigger an existential crisis for many.

The Manhattan project redefined world order with the potential of sending us back to the stone age... rationality prevailed as mutual assured destruction (MAD) was guaranteed. We're still affected by the radiation from the tests by the way.

Disclosure, being a planetary issue, should force humans to unite for survival and recognition as part of a new community.

That's a huge document - where does it say that witnesses can't talk about their sightings?

I'm not saying that the CIA doesn't conduct PsyOps against the American people and everyone else; that would be crazy. You can't trust those people at all.

I'm saying that there's no credible evidence that this is that. And in fact there's a vast abundance of evidence that indicates that the AATIP was a real program that looked into the AAV phenomenon, and that the USS Nimitz case was a legitimate encounter with a multitude of them over a six-day period.

Yes our intelligence agencies do a lot of horrible crap, so it would be crazy to trust them. But it's also crazy to assume that everything that happens is a PsyOp. You have to exert critical reasoning skills to sift the wheat from the chaff. But now people are calling everything a PsyOp - every school shooting, every domestic terrorist attack, and now this. It's like the default assumption about every story in the news. And I can understand it, because the news is about 95% BS propaganda now. But refusing to dispassionately parse the data to find the truth is just lazy thinking, imo.

I'm not calling everything that happens (in relation to UFO sightings or ET contact) a PsyOp.

"JOINT ARMY - NAVY - AIR FORCE PUBLICATION 146(E) (CIRVIS/MERINT)

CERVIS/MERINT CANADIAN-UNITED STATES COMMUNICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPORTING VITAL INTELLIGENCE SIGHTINGS --- As released on February 28, 1994 by the Assistant Secretary of Defense.

Section III - Security JANAP 146(E)

208. Military and civilian transmission of CIRVIS reports are subject to the U.S. Communications Act of 1934 as amended, and the Canadian Radio Act of 1934, as amended.

Any person who violates the provisions of these acts may be liable to prosecution thereunder. These reports contain information affecting the national defense of the United States and Canada. Any person who makes an unauthorized transmission or disclosure of such a report may be liable to prosecution under Title 18 of the U.S. Code 793, Chapter 37, or the Canadian Official Secrets Act of 1939. This should not be construed as requiring classification of CIRVIS messages. The purpose is to emphasize the necessity for the handling of such information within official channels only."

quote: ARMY-NAVY-AIR FORCE PUBLICATION 146(E) (JANAP 146[E])

Last edited:
Earlier, I posted wild speculation based on the assumption that this is Real Disclosure(TM). This time, I've decided to look into the more skeptical side; the disinformation/deception angle, and convince you that this is all a scam.

There could be a very simple reason why "the new reality" sounds like an amateur sci-fi novel written by Tom Delonge.

The theory is that TTSA could be part of a move by defense contractors and the military/intelligence community to push for the militarization of space. The turmoil in Trump's presidency was the perfect opportunity to make this happen. The demonization of Russia in the media is key to getting the taxpayers on board.

Remember "AAWSAP" and the way both TTSA and the DoD tried to conceal the name? If I had signed a treaty forbidding the militarization of space, I wouldn't like people finding out about it. I'd prefer if they thought I was looking for UFOs. I would even swear I only deal in advanced aviation threats. Nope, no fighting in space going on here!

We're now seeing the US burn bridges with all other nations economically, and that can't be "just a coincidence." Trump is behaving like someone who knows something other countries don't. Maybe that's because America is about to give itself a game-changing technological stimulus package. In Trump's grandiose vision, America's space dominance will allow it to become a glorious and self-sufficient nation that gathers natural resources from space, giving it the power to set all the prices it wants.

But what about all the testimony?

Imagine having the means to manufacture drones with insane maneuverability and cloaking abilities. Instead of using this against your adversaries and tipping them off to the existence of a superior technology, imagine using it on your own people to make them believe that aliens exist. You could have more psychological influence on them than any religion.

Various agencies in the US have been been found to lie to their own citizens about the existence of aliens on numerous occasions. An example of one claim appearing in a fake leaked document was that aliens have a machine that holds a hologram of the Earth, and lets you replay any scene from any place at any time in history. The government supposedly has access to the hologram in a shared underground facility where aliens and humans can be seen working side by side. They'll definitely know if you've been naughty.

This is the kind of story you use to strike the fear of God in people that you need to be loyal, but there's no truth to it. In a military setting, aliens are a great way to give patriotism a little push.

The Nimitz story makes a lot of sense when you frame it that way: what's an easy way to make 6,000 people instantly more loyal in just 4 days? Just perform some radar tricks and have pilots try to intercept what they'll believe is a UFO. Suddenly uncloak a drone at the CAP point, and dazzle everyone with the "prescience."

The testimony could very well be coming from victims of a massive military psy-op that is now trickling down into the civilian sphere. Rather than try to put the fire out, they're now using this story to suggest that advanced aerospace threats do exist, allowing them to push their agenda forward.

But what about the metamaterials?

Honestly, the materials alluded to by Elizondo sound exactly like what you hear Jacques Vallée and LMH, old school for-profit ufologists, describe in their lectures. Intriguing, but no evidence that it's really from a UFO or has a useful scientific purpose. It's certainly not classified stuff.

What's much more likely is that these military-grade metamaterials with revolutionary civilian applications cannot be traced back to their inventors, so they have to be presented as technology recovered from aliens. A bunch of "alien" technology will trickle down; mostly boring stuff with nebulous industrial applications. TTSA will be hit with production delays and fail to deliver on the flying saucer, focusing instead on much more down-to-Earth technologies.

When the "aliens" see that we have a space force, they'll conveniently disappear from our oceans and stop toying with our nuclear bases.

And Trump will have won not just the war of the worlds, but his stated goal of making America great again. He will go down as the greatest president the world has ever seen, and will win re-election. But we still won't truly know our place in the cosmic neighborhood, and we still won't travel faster than the speed of light. Sad.

The Nimitz story makes a lot of sense when you frame it that way: what's an easy way to make 6,000 people instantly more loyal in just 4 days? Just perform some radar tricks and have pilots try to intercept what they'll believe is a UFO. Suddenly uncloak a drone at the CAP point, and dazzle everyone with the "prescience."

The testimony could very well be coming from victims of a massive military psy-op that is now trickling down into the civilian sphere. Rather than try to put the fire out, they're now using this story to suggest that advanced aerospace threats do exist, allowing them to push their agenda forward.

Tictacs predate Trump.... (thankfully lol).
Now, if only they could abduct the guy...

This planet needs a humbling episode, tictacs provide it.

Back