• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

PBS? Pure BullShit!

CapnG

Devil's Advocate
Anyone else catch the "documentary" on Monday about Nazi flying saucers?

Yes. Nazi saucers. On PBS. For serious.

To call it appalling would be an injustice to the word. In brief, they supported the Nazi saucer nonsense as genuine, made all other claims of UFO sightings to be mocked and laughed at and (and this is the clincher) declared that the Russians had fully working saucers in the 50's and that every sighting ever has simply been a mistaken secret military aircraft. They even dusted off the old U2 explanation.

I sat there, mouth agape. The combination of hubris and stupidity floored me. I kept wondering who funded this piece of crap and more importantly, why?

Where can I find a link to this video? It seems that this is a fairly old documentary. I thought Nick Cooke's book "The Hunt for Zero Point" was a very interesting read.

ive always been fascinated by the story, it has all the elements including channeled messages from aldebaran with instructions

this one popped up recently

http://pesn.com/2005/11/16/9600203_New_Nazi_Bell/

"The Nazi-Bell device consisted two of counter-rotating cylindrical containers. The containers, which were positioned one above the other measured approximately 1-meter in diameter, and were filled with cryogenically cooled and frozen Mercury metal. There was a frozen core of a metallic paste, which served as a "high permeability material" for the EMG (electromagnetic-gravitational) field."
-- Nick Cook, Hunt for Zero Point

heres the full "story"
http://www.galactic-server.com/rune/vril4.html

much as the idea the nazis just packed up and moved to the dark side of the moon , rather than being beaten by the allied forces is abhorent to me, it does cover an awful lot of bases as a mundane explaination of UFO's.
one of the "alien autopsy" reports suggests the creature was a human feotus that had been "fiddled" with. when you read about the medical experiments being done in the camps , the twins experiments etc its not too far fetched an idea

This story has been around for a while. I have a curious interest in these kind of wild claims. That said - It is quite unbelievable. THe best book on the subject is the one linked below.

I have listened to Joseph Farrell on a few talk shows, and he's a very interesting guest. I have NOT read the book.

The SS Brotherhood of the Bell: Nasa's Nazis, JFK, And Majic-12
by Joseph P. Farrell

- link -
http://www.amazon.com/SS-Brotherhood-Bell-Nasas-Majic-12/dp/1931882614/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223428917&sr=8-1

TV broadcasts don't have links!

I asked because there are a few documentaries out there on this subject, wanted a link to distinguish which one you are referring to. If it's the one with Nick Cook I would give it some cred. He seems like a pretty solid guy.

The premise of this theory is that the Nazi's took a different approach to science, because of this they pushed in some directions that western science did not. Could they have discovered something out of main stream science? If they did, perhaps the US came along and scooped up the tech and has buried it deep all along. Who knows?

The premise of this theory is that the Nazi's took a different approach to science, because of this they pushed in some directions that western science did not. Could they have discovered something out of main stream science? If they did, perhaps the US came along and scooped up the tech and has buried it deep all along. Who knows?

From the 1930's the Nazi's were searching the world for ancients secrets and artifacts. Who knows what they might have found. If they found stuff it could have been destroyed in the bombings, or it could have snatched up by the allies after the war. Maybe and it is a big maybe? Scientists worked in "PROJECTS " that where to do with Antigravity.... didnt Nick cooke find classified reports on such things...

It wouldnt surprise me, if the Nazi's did discover hidden treasures.They where in almost in every country of the world. They had plenty of time!

was it this one ?

Nope. The narrator had an Irish accent (begorragh!).

What pissed me off most was two simple questions NOT asked because they would have destroyed the whole premise of the show:

Q: Are jet engines silent?

A: No. But most UFO reports include the term "silent". How can they be flying under jet power then?

Q: Can these aircraft stop on a dime?

A: No. But again, most UFO reports include this action as well as radical turn ratios impossible for human pilots to withstand. How can the claim be made these are the same craft?

I don't question the idea that the Nazis were doing all kinds of crazy research projects. Of course they were! It was a war, they were trying to WIN. But UFOs? Gimme a break. If they had them, they'd have used them und du und mench wuld be spreching deustch right now.

Nope. The narrator had an Irish accent (begorragh!).

What pissed me off most was two simple questions NOT asked because they would have destroyed the whole premise of the show:

Q: Are jet engines silent?

A: No. But most UFO reports include the term "silent". How can they be flying under jet power then?

Q: Can these aircraft stop on a dime?

A: No. But again, most UFO reports include this action as well as radical turn ratios impossible for human pilots to withstand. How can the claim be made these are the same craft?

I don't question the idea that the Nazis were doing all kinds of crazy research projects. Of course they were! It was a war, they were trying to WIN. But UFOs? Gimme a break. If they had them, they'd have used them und du und mench wuld be spreching deustch right now.

Times where different in the 30 and 40s... Any technology observed would be far beyond human understanding my friend. That even includes today!

Did the Nazi's have a U.F.O, who knows?

But if they did? I probably suggest they couldnt fly it.There is documents where it shows that the Nazi's where working on a device called the "BELL". According to the reports it was an Antigravity device.

Maybe the Nazi's had there own Roswell? It is a maybe, for e.g...The concentration camps where known to exist during the war, but not at the
rate discovered by the allies in 1944 to 1945 ,that was a real shock!

The Nazi's didnt design the ufo. The ufo has been with us since the dawn of the written word.

CapnG...
Are you sure it was an Irish person who was the narrator, or is that a general statement of observation. Irish people in hollywood movies for example make me laugh out loud. We dont speak like that, and we dont have a voice like that ...e.g top of the morning to ya....What is that about.
Ireland is not still in the 1800s it is 2008. We are one of the more modern countrys in Europe!....Americans think Ireland is back still in the 1800's and we believe in lephrachauns. It annoys me when i see this.It is very uneducated, i see it when Americans visit here.

SORRY FOR MY ANGER:redface:

CapnG...
Are you sure it was an Irish person who was the narrator, or is that a general statement of observation. Irish people in hollywood movies for example make me laugh out loud. We dont speak like that, and we dont have a voice like that ...e.g top of the morning to ya....What is that about.
Ireland is not still in the 1800s it is 2008. We are one of the more modern countrys in Europe!....Americans think Ireland is back still in the 1800's and we believe in lephrachauns. It annoys me when i see this.It is very uneducated, i see it when Americans visit here.

A) I'm not an American but your general assesment is probably unfair to many Americans.

and

B) Yes, I'm sure he was Irish. As a Briton from Norwich, whose father is from Lancashire, great uncle was Welsh, has cousins from Liverpool and has grown up in Canada living mostly near the American border, I've developed a fairly sharp ear for accents amongst english speakers. I still have trouble telling New Zealanders from Aussies but that's about it. So I'll have to ask you to pardon my taking the mickey (or, as your a modern man, taking the piss) out of the Irish with my simple, one word remark. T'was all in good fun, me boy!

The point is even today jets still sound like and behave like jets. UFOs do not. The "documentary" didn't even try to approach this discrepancy.

im not so sure, we know a lot of nazi's fled to south america towards the end. that tells me that they knew they had lost. the hands of all men were against them, according to the plot they used these craft and submarines to set up a base in the antarctic. that doesnt seem an unreasonable premise from a psychological pov.
if all they had was an antigrav device it wouldnt be much use in terms of winning a war .

the antarctic makes sense in terms of security and we have the whole admiral Byrd thingy

"The fourth culminating expedition, Operation Highjump, was the largest Antarctic expedition to date. Conspiracy theorists specializing in alleged Aryan or Nazi activities in Antarctica have extensively speculated about this mission. In 1946, US Navy Secretary James Forrestal assembled a huge amphibious naval force for an Antarctic Expedition expected to last six to eight months. Besides the flagship Mount Olympus and the aircraft carrier Philippine Sea, there were thirteen US Navy support ships, six helicopters, six flying boats, two seaplane tenders and fifteen other aircraft. The total number of personnel involved was over 4,000. The armada arrived in the Ross Sea on 31 December 1946, and made aerial explorations of an area half the size of the United States, recording ten new mountain ranges. The major area covered was the eastern coastline of Antarctica from 150 degrees east to the Greenwich meridian. The expedition was terminated abruptly at the end of February 1947, six months early, the entire remaining armada returning immediately to the United States. The early termination of the mission was never explained."

as i said i hate the idea any of the nazis including scientists got away, but if this is true it could explain a lot.

not saying it is, but its a very interesting part of the picture

A) I'm not an American but your general assesment is probably unfair to many Americans.

and

B) Yes, I'm sure he was Irish. As a Briton from Norwich, whose father is from Lancashire, great uncle was Welsh, has cousins from Liverpool and has grown up in Canada living mostly near the American border, I've developed a fairly sharp ear for accents amongst english speakers. I still have trouble telling New Zealanders from Aussies but that's about it. So I'll have to ask you to pardon my taking the mickey (or, as your a modern man, taking the piss) out of the Irish with my simple, one word remark. T'was all in good fun, me boy!

The point is even today jets still sound like and behave like jets. UFOs do not. The "documentary" didn't even try to approach this discrepancy.

Well i can only go on my observations, and they arent positive. It would be wrong for me to say all Americans, and i do apologise.But the Americans i have met and heard seem to come to Ireland expecting to find fairytales and fairy cakes!...

I have not seen the documentary, but you seem to have integrity. So i will take your word on it my friend... And yes i can take a joke....I cant think of any canadian jokes f... sake, cant get back at ya :D

I knew you where Canadian...
But i think Canada has not got a Hollywood yet?. In movies i have seen this so called Irish people? and also they have this type of weird
accent that has not been in Ireland since 1800's...

Aussies and New zealanders accents are the same that is why many people cant tell them apart... New zealand is very much like Ireland in what it looks like.. Where Australia is alot like America... it has that feel that is similar and look to America.

N.B you come from a number of nationalities. But they are all on the Island of England.... Ireland is a separate country..It not a smart statement towards you Capng!... It just to make sure that people will not think Ireland is on the Island of England.:)

NZ and Aust accents are nothing like each other.......

take the word six (6)

in new zealand its pronounced sux or sucks

in australia its pronounced sex

rich comes out as rutch as in crutch in NZ
whereas in australia its more like reach

you can always spot a kiwi by "hus rutch thuck excent"
like canadians you can tell where a new zealander is from, the north islanders finish every second sentance with the word "aye".(i think its the west coast canadians do the same)

as for the irish, well when you spell a name like siobahn and pronounce it shavaugn, theres bound to be trouble

im still left with the burning question what does an antarctic/german accent sound like ?

N.B you come from a number of nationalities. But they are all on the Island of England.... Ireland is a separate country..It not a smart statement towards you Capng!... It just to make sure that people will not think Ireland is on the Island of England.:)

My greatgrandfather was Irish though...

Americans think Ireland is back still in the 1800's and we believe in lephrachauns. It annoys me when i see this.It is very uneducated, i see it when Americans visit here.

SORRY FOR MY ANGER:redface:

WHAT? No Leprachauns? DAMNIT! Personally, I think the Northern/Regular Ireland thing is a bit confusing. Not to mention all the trouble you guys seem to have with your retirement accounts. Anyhow, If its any consolation we also think the Scottish eat Hagas for every meal, dress like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, and really hate the Brittish. See, we got 2 outa 3.

Alright Pardner, I better git. We gotta pile the youngins inta the 2mpg SUV and hit the McDonalds on the way to the execution show down to the prison. Shoot! It sure is gonna be a hoot! I hope they have ta fry that sucker more'n once! YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!

Or at least that's what the majority of the world thinks about Texans. See, it kinda goes both ways.

Back