• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paraculture of Concast Episode from 4.27.08

David Biedny said:
Simone is somewhere between annoying and sadly hysterical, and is about as sleazy a person as I've encountered in this "field". An absolute joke of a "journalist", I would love to opportunity to slice him into even smaller little bits of rubbish. I have to admit, I've not listened to any of his "shows", but based on the way he behaved during our brief little encounter, his programs are probably about as insightful as a clogged-up toilet bowl in a cheap Chinese buffet. Someone please prove me wrong.

dB

Cant prove you wrong.
I believe.
LOL :D

I haven't listened to all of the show becuase my computer was slow that day and then relatives from out of town showed up and are visiting. I will respect their desire to know nothing about my interests. I can't wait to hear the reat of the show later.

I was attending the UFO cognress a few years ago and ran into Rob Simone at, guess what, the bar. I asked one of Bob Brown's (he puts on the show) daughters about one of the speakers that I liked at first but later found out he was full of it. I asked her if he awas kind of a con artist and she relied KIND OF? Then Rob Simone said it isn't a matter of whether someone is a con artist or not in this field it is a matter of what degree!

The slide whistle was his phone? I thought it was Dave or maybe Gene added that effect during preproduction of the show. LOL,,,, I just assumed it was a "bullshit" detector going off.

By the way this is my first post, I've been listening and catching up on the podcast for about 3 months now. Great show guys!

Allen

Yes David I heard Simone make that statement .I wondered why he bothered being a radio person if that is how he really felt...I guess I know now that he is in this field for enertainment reasons ONLY!

Yeh, I didn't think the sound effect was dubbed. It came when Dil was actually making sense, one time at least. Happy accident though, it was funny still.

Paranormal Packrat-

His goals are not set that high (to reach your status). He justs wants to be like George Noory, as he eluded to in the interview with David Biendy. Remember he calimed he was the "George Noory of the UK", as I remember (or did Jim Diletosso say that for him?). If he (whomever said that) knew anything about Gene and David's podcast, they wouldn't have said it. David ridicules Noory on almost every episode. So, David just had to rip him a new one, after that statement, and Simone deserved it.

I still don't understand why someone would aspire to be "the Art Bell of the UK". That just doesn't seem like a particularly lofty or worthwhile goal to aspire to.

derekcbart said:
I still don't understand why someone would aspire to be "the Art Bell of the UK". That just doesn't seem like a particularly lofty or worthwhile goal to aspire to.

There can be tons of money involved. Art Bell is a very wealthy man. He has admitted that C2C made him very rich. Wealth is a basic motivation for many people.

I just finished listening to the show today. It was great and loads of fun. I also loved Sue's "paranormal paparazzi" comment.
You know, it seems that every time you guys confront someone about the bull they present and thus cause the field more problems, they always whip out the "I'm just presenting the facts" card, or the "I just let people make up their own minds" card. I also was right there with Sue when she said that comment about going to the doctor and not accepting a "it could be one of five things, you make up your own mind." Brilliant!

I finally got to listen to he rest of this show. It was very good.

Almost two hours into the show my boyfriend decides to go home and I went to the restroon and paused the show. When I got back and pressed the play botton the show had started over from the start. I didn't think anything about it until I noticed the clock.

I usaully take some medication around 10 pm and I was paying attention to the time. I thought it was around 10pm but now it was 11
pm. I called my boyfriend after the show and asked him what time he had left my place and he said around ten.

Can listening to a bar setting at a conference cause I time warp??

I usaully take some medication around 10 pm and I was paying attention to the time. I thought it was around 10pm but now it was 11
pm. I called my boyfriend after the show and asked him what time he had left my place and he said around ten.

Can listening to a bar setting at a conference cause I time warp??
[/quote]

I am not surprised to see that Alley had a paranormal-time-traveling-life-changing experience from just listening to a podcast. Very compelling,... NOT!!!

I will say what others have said..were you there? I was kind of kidding about the why the time thing happened but as far as I can tell it did.

And I never said this was a life changing expereince it wasn't. As far as paranormal events go, assuming it was, this was fairly low on the weird factor.

Just wanted to mention that I very much enjoyed this episode. Yeah, the background noise was mildly distracting but it was a good tradeoff for what felt like much more informal conversations. As has been pointed out on the show previously, there is the stuff people say on stage and there is what they say privately.

As I don't go to ufo conferences and my exposure to new information is mostly through books and the internet this approach offers a bit of something to which I don't have access, ie. the after hours conversations. My opinion of Dilettoso was markedly improved after hearing him talk in a more informal manner. I think people have a natural tendency to mug for the camera or microphone and it seems possible to draw different things out of them in a more informal setting.

If you have Maccabee back on I would love to hear him re-visit in detail the bit about the instrumentation van assembled by Dr. George Hathaway. I'm also curious to know the identity of the backer, informally referred to as "a prince of a fellow known as Lichtenstein."

I'd love to see you guys do these types of interviews on a regular basis. It strikes me as sort of like the street photography of paranormal podcasting.

Back