• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paraculture of Concast Episode from 4.27.08

valiens

Skilled Investigator
It's probably bad form to start a thread on an episode that involves you but I'm listening to it now and feel I should point out two minor things:

1.) When I say in the beginning that Dave reminds me of Walter holding back all that anger in a pleasant voice, I meant the character from "The Big Lebowski."

2.) That slide whistle you hear during the Jim Dilettoso segment is his cell phone.

3.) Thank god for Rob Simone. We now have another go-to punchline.

Make that three minor things :)

Jer,

You mean THIS movie?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RqtgfjkB6Pg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RqtgfjkB6Pg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Headroom

Station: Resonance
Frequency: 104.4FM & Internet
Time: 11.30pm UK time & 3.30pm West Coast Time
Presenter: Rob Simone

A weekly talk show with the most interesting people on the planet. Alternative information, unexplained phenomena and much more, which affect our cities, our lives and our world.

Listen to this fascinating program ONLINE, from anywhere in the world, via www.resonancefm.com. Saturdays at 11:30pm - 1:30am London time (GMT) (Greenwich Mean Time), in the U.S.A. 3:30pm West Coast Time.

Host Rob Simone has been described as the "Art Bell of the U.K."

"Rob's 2-hour broadcast is an enlightening, entertaining, thought-provoking and often mind-blowing experience." -Open Mind Magazine

The above is the only reference google searching gets you when seeking "the art bell of the uk" (besides Jeff Ritzmann's).

Maybe it's time for some budding ufologist to find just who the "they" are that are calling Rob the Art Bell of the UK.

Sorry, last thing and then I'll shut up... Dave, your Santa into stork analogy is hysterical and brilliant. You are the balls, as the kids say.

Jeremy, you are very welcome. I do what I can, then I improvise. Glad you enjoyed the results - Dr. Sue was laughing herself silly last night, listening to the madness.

dB

David Biedny said:
Jeremy, you are very welcome. I do what I can, then I improvise. Glad you enjoyed the results - Dr. Sue was laughing herself silly last night, listening to the madness.

dB

I also enjoyed our special episode immensely, hearing it twice :)

First, of course, was to put it all together and to filter some of the worst background noise in the second half. In fact, I was surprised I could understand pretty much all of it after it was done, since it was touch and go for a while.

Yes, this was great fun. And we're getting lots and lots of downloads, so I suppose our readers don't mind an occasional "explicit" episode. But we clearly labeled it as such, so the religious right doesn't picket our studios. :D

Then again, we could use the publicity.

valiens said:
It's the last thing you hear on my podcast :)

[align=justify]

And in a classic ping-pong stereo delay, nonetheless. Cool!

Jeremy, I also want to take the opportunity to thank you so much for doing this special duo-cast with us, I think it really made the show(s) special. Good job!

dB[/align]

Yeah, thank you guys too. I feel like we did something special on the net. It almost doesn't feel like 5 1/2 hours.

It's still shocking to me to hear Jim Dilettoso harpoon most of Horn's claims and those insider bits about Ed Walters.

THIS JUST IN....

I am the Rob Simone of Italy by way of London's Art Bell, by way of Simone from LA....

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:0XPnU_mfmlQJ:www.lastfm.it/user/bobbempkin/+%22jeremy+vaeni%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=181&gl=us

just listened to the first hour during lunch, good stuff. Bruce should have given his presentation on the Gulf Breeze stuff rather than the one they call 'Hawk' - caw caw I am hawk :)

David mentioned some good lithographs in the art area of the xconference. I assume you are referring to this dude - www.hoveringobject.com

I befriended him at the conference, he is a really nice down to earth guy despite the fact that he is rooting for the Cleveland Cavs. Unlike a lot of the other new agey art, his stuff was pretty cool and of a high quality, I am going to buy the picture which has a cut out of his dog being sucked up into a ship for my basement band practice space. He sells the stuff for pretty cheap. he's a graphic designer out of the cleveland area.

One guy at the conference who looked like he was the uni-bombers angry cousin approached me before the banquet and gave me a black and white horribly xeroxed piece that had some meditation crap and a picture of some guru on it meditating, very strange, definately seemed like a cult. Ten minutes later I'm eating dinner with 2 really nice guys who work in the Navy, so that conference definitely runs the gamut.

I'm listening to it now. Just started. Let me say this so far only maybe 30 minutes in....

FUCK

I just wanted to curse because you guys did. ;)

I have to say I like when people talk off the script and just talk among friends. When you get angry and/or passionate language tends to fly and to me that is quite healthy. Sounding abrasive for no reason or speaking like a salior for no reason is pointless. However, when you give a damn about something and you are passionate about in speaking from the point of view that people are discrediting your point of view with crap then it's heatly to tell them people to go "Fuck themselves" in so many words. We don't always need to be an articulate linguist like Noam Chomsky. When you are angry, speak from the heart. I always do and I give kudos for you guys doing it.

Dammit, upon reading my own reply I see the language filter was changed here. I clearly did not say "FLOCK" and there it is. This was not the case prior here. Why was this changed? This forum is filled with adults. There is no reason to filter IMO, in particular when this was not the case not so long ago. Please reconsdier the decision to filter language.

Thanks.

cottonzway said:
Dammit, upon reading my own reply I see the language filter was changed here. I clearly did not say "FLOCK" and there it is. This was not the case prior here. Why was this changed? This forum is filled with adults. There is no reason to filter IMO, in particular when this was not the case not so long ago. Please reconsdier the decision to filter language.

Thanks.

We disabled explicit language filters a while back.

Feel free to update your posts appropriately. Must be a MySQL database fart :)

Gene Steinberg said:
cottonzway said:

Thanks.

We disabled explicit language filters a while back.

Feel free to update your posts appropriately. Must be a MySQL database fart :)

Thank you, Gene.

Thanks to you all.
A bunch of us blokes here in the galaxy of Australia really enjoyed it.
We went to Jeremy's podcast and couldnt stop laughing.

Shit you bastards are funny !! LOL

Back