• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Outdated topic involving Art Bell & a Mysterious Caller...

Free versions of recent episodes:

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
Greetings folks,

Yes it's been months & months since i've been active here..& it's great to be back. :)

I know many of you are familiar with the situation i'm addressing, which is; That phone call Art Bell recieved back in 1997:

http://www.metatech.org/Art_Bell_Area_51_aliens_audio_tape.html

Many have theorised over it, to be honest I have no real opinion on it even if it is purported to be a gimmick...It's still somewhat fun to play & it takes me back a fair bit.

Was just curious as to what everyones take on this was? & please, go for gold & don't hold anything back. :)

(PS-> Exuse if I am re-posting or the solution has been long ago, delivered.)

Goody.

I havent heard of this. Is there any back story, or contextual setup that I need? Or is self-evident upon listening?

edit- Ok just heard it.

Umm, yeah I aint buying that for a second. All the blubbering and paranoia seemed fake. Either it was a prank call or someone affiliated with the Art Bell show did it to generate buzz.

The only thing that is kind of strange is the apparent loss of transmission and having the satellite get knocked out. BUT you have to assume that theyre telling the truth. The Art Bell team, again, called be lying there too to generate buzz.

Was just curious as to what everyones take on this was? & please, go for gold & don't hold anything back. :)

Something about the caller's voice just doesn't sound realistic to my own ear. I can't really quantify what I mean, it just doesn't sound like "real" emotion to me.

I'm not put out too much by the technical difficulties.

I'm not sure I buy it either, & yeah GSB you've got to base your opinion on complete assumption that they are telling the 'truth', whatever that is hehe.

Also neat to know; the band TOOL uses this soundclip on the secret track on the album Lateralus; which is mixed into a dark & twisted soundscape...pretty sweet.:)

I'm surprised not many people have heard of this one, it's a classic ;).

Goody.

Also neat to know; the band TOOL uses this soundclip on the secret track on the album Lateralus; which is mixed into a dark & twisted soundscape...pretty sweet.:)

heh, that kinda interesting. Im assuming they must believe that it was legit, to a certain extent.

My "guess" about it this is it seems to be REAL!

Ok, well, maybe not. :D

I don't know if it was a hoax or the real thoughts of some nut who thought that stuff was true. The panic seemed legit so the guy could have really thought that stuff. Doesn't make any of that true though. If it was a total hoax and it wasn't some paranoid guy, the dude was a good actor IMO.

I don't know if it was a hoax or the real thoughts of some nut who thought that stuff was true. The panic seemed legit so the guy could have really thought that stuff. Doesn't make any of that true though. If it was a total hoax and it wasn't some paranoid guy, the dude was a good actor IMO.

Really? Its the 'acting' that gives it away for me. I dont find the paranoid blubbering convincing in the slightest:cool:

Wouldn't most people (for pure ego reasons) if they were scared shitless wait until they could speak coherently and calmer before going on a radio show where many people were listening?

Greetings folks,

Yes it's been months & months since i've been active here..& it's great to be back. :)

I know many of you are familiar with the situation i'm addressing, which is; That phone call Art Bell recieved back in 1997:

http://www.metatech.org/Art_Bell_Area_51_aliens_audio_tape.html

Many have theorised over it, to be honest I have no real opinion on it even if it is purported to be a gimmick...It's still somewhat fun to play & it takes me back a fair bit.

(PS-> Exuse if I am re-posting or the solution has been long ago,

I think it is obvious this was a hoax. Come on!, there is no story here, a person happens to ring in from Area 51 out of the blue.I think the people at Area 51 have more intelligence than that " to be ringing a show like Coast to Coast to give insider information. Seems kind of laughable to me at least.

I think it is obvious this was a hoax. Come on!, there is no story here, a person happens to ring in from Area 51 out of the blue.I think the people at Area 51 have more intelligence than that " to be ringing a show like Coast to Coast to give insider information. Seems kind of laughable to me at least.

Well note that subject was 'let off on a medical discharge' & was well on his way around the country by that time, so the Area 51 people didn't have alot to do with it.

But I do understand what you are saying. :)

Anyone remember that guy that was supposed to be flying into Area 51 to 'get a closer look & disclose the truth on the place' whilst he called up Coast to Coast?

Lunatic.

Utter crap.

An obvious prank, Bell is probably involved in crafting it. He had to be in order to fake the lost transmission.

I'm confident that someone qualified to compare voice tones and the like would find that this is the same caller who voices the "JC" character. That voice pushed back through the nasal cavities has JC written all over it.

Back