• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

orbs

J

James

Some people encounter hovering, translucent orbs. Are they connected to the extraterrestrial phenomenon?

Some seem to be.

One of the most impressive abduction cases dealt with in Budd Hopkin's book "Intruders" has a orb related object/energy in the case.

Some debunkers think ball lightning can cause seizures in people, and that explains some abduction cases.

That's interesting. I'll have to check out Hopkins' book.

One Saturday morning a few years ago, I awakened to find a yellowish translucent sphere about the size of a grapefruit hovering alongside the bed. It was positioned approximately three feet above the floor and was initially motionless. No sound was heard coming from the object. I propped myself up for a closer look. A few seconds later, the object darted behind my bed and through a closed window. That may have been the oddest part of the whole experience -- seeing the sphere pass through the glass to the outdoors.

After the release of Intruders, the two sisters released a book detailing more issues of the case. Called, "Abduction" I think. Both books are must reads if you are interested in the Alien Abduction subject.

The ball of light that I recall from the Intruders case was white in color and the size of a basketball.

There's many other good cases that have little balls of light associated with them. Stan Romanek has photos (maybe some vid) of a small red orb.

On the tv show Sightings, they dealt with two teenage girls who snapped pictures of a orb as it approached them. The photos show how the orb was approaching them, with the last photo showing the object just several feet away. After that, the kids fell unconscious and experienced missing time.

Lets us know if you see anything else strange.

some of the skeptics explanations are crazier then the reports they are trying to debunk. Ball lightning causing seziures lol. Then why is regular lightning not causing seizures as well. Oh well the HARDCORE skeptics will believe ANYTHING. Anything that is unless it is paranormal. As far as orbs go they are also big in the ghost haunting universe. In that realm I dismiss them as dust, moisture and camera tricks.

Hi Guys,

In terms of Orbs with UFO phenomena. Which i one time saw video footage of "Orbs" flying during the night on someone's farm. The next day a crop circle was later discovered out in the field of the farm.

Could these orbs be some sort of "Drones / Bots" like our present day UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle). Since it has been stated that human back enegineered UFO's are flying over Area military installations. Can these orb's be man made next generation UAV's?

Whether to spook civilians as a pysche-ops tactic. Or perhaps it's an authentic drone from ET's as some sort of recon / worker bot.

Orbs, balls of Light ARE associated with the ufo phenomenon.

They certainly were in my case.
From little red orbs flitting about the skies, darting in and out of incredible luminous phenomena, to large gaseous orange balls of light moving slowly along within 100 feet of me. They were magical and impressive, some type of cosmic energy. The latter seemed sentient to some degree, but I also kept my distance. Rather humbling. There's a PRESENCE to them.

From doctors who study this type of phenomena and the people who experience it, I can tell you it's not only asscoaited with ufos and all that THAT entails, but with psychic happenings as well. Those affected (or so "afflicted"), are usually healers or turn out to be very mediumistic.
It's hard to separate them (the people....... from their experiences, as both seem to go hand-in-hand.)

I was driving on a main highway one morning when something caught my attention to the left of the car. It was an orb the size of a basketball about 200 feet away and about 35degrees in the air. It kept abrest of my car for quite some time untill it disappeared. It had a yellow glow like a small winter sun. I think it was related to ET's in some way. I don't know if I had missing time as I didn't check my watch.

My friend had an orb of some description enter his house, him and his wife were terrified by it. They shut the door and hid in the bedroom, and could see the light from it from the gap under the door.

A man walking his dog on the same night reported a similar thing floating around.

Very strange, but theres 3 people who all reported a similar thing on the same night, around the same time.

My friend who is quite religious naturally put a religious slant on it. He thought it was a visitation of some kind. Who knows what it was?

I don't think I could handle seeing an orb in my home. What a terrifying experience.
I can understand putting a religious slant on it as they seem to be conscious. Not sure how you would do it religious wise unless you think the star of Bethlehem is visiting your apartment???

I've never heard of orbs being associated with UFOs before, everytime I've heard of them or seen them it's been related to spiritual phenomena, either ghosts (primarily) or (supposedly) a possible earthly manifestation of angels. Personally, I can't accept any photographic evidence of orbs because even "genuine" orb photos are virtually indistinguishable from dust or moisture spots.

Video footage of orbs on the other hand is most intruiging.

I don't think we are talking of the photographic kind which could be anything.
I'm talking of the basketball size bright light keeping pace with my car for mile after mile. Now thats creepy and ain't no dust mite trust me.
I put that one squarely in the UFO bin.
However I have a photo of me with several bright lights on my shirt which I am thinking are just spirits having fun.
I also have lots of orb photos which I think could be due to my lack of cleaning and dusting ability.

Joan said:
I don't think I could handle seeing an orb in my home. What a terrifying experience.
I can understand putting a religious slant on it as they seem to be conscious. Not sure how you would do it religious wise unless you think the star of Bethlehem is visiting your apartment???

Many think it's spirits. So much so that if you do a search on "orbs" tons more ghost sites pop up than anything else. Religious people might view it as spirits, demons, or angels, Virgin Mary. Perhaps something God sent forth.

orbs - Google Search

I'm not religious so I just view them as energy. Pretty vague and generic I know.

Most orbs are something mundane like dust, insects, dew etc. I hate all the wide eyed ghost hunters out there that get a moth flying around on night vision and claim proof of a haunting etc. Tons of this sort of thing on Youtube etc.

Hey,
I actually joined this site cause I saw something quite unusual quite a few years ago now when I was pregnent with my son. After his birth I forgot about it. Recently my husband and I were visiting with friends and we started talking about scary stuff..I related my story and they enlightened me that my scary experience has a name...an orb!
Anyways looked you guys up on google and thought I'd ask you what you think...

I woke up for weeks at about 1 am to a white ball about the size of a basketball floating in my bedroom. Got really freaked out but my husband is imposible to wake up! He always slept right through it,when I would meantion it to him in the morning he would tell me its just a dream...or later it must be light from outside..

At first I believed him but as I woke up to this thing every night generally in the same spot! I started to get weirded out so I literally made sure every nook and crany was blocked..so logically there is no way light could creep into my bedroom...

But it was still there...almost perfectly symmetrical..the night went by and I started to accept it ghost or angel or energy whatever..it seemed like as soon as I had accepted it enough to sleep through the night...it got closer..like 3 feet above my head closer..I saw it move..I say it cause I felt threatened! I week of me freaking out sleeping with the light on...or not sleeping..it moved back a little...At this point I am very pregnant and veryvery tired..one night I manged to wake my husband up and pointed to the thing and said look.. and then past out cause I was so tired... When I woke up he was exhausted! Laugh he wanted to know what the hell it was??? He said it stayed above me then dissipeared. He couldn't get that image out of his head. After that night it never reappeared.

So what do you all think about my experience? I should also meantioned my house is not haunted..if it is..not frequently anyways...

I'm re reading a reported abduction case in which a white basketball shaped orb was reported to have been seen. The "Intruders" case as mentioned before. There are many other cases of reported alien abduction where basketball sized orbs are seen. Also, ufo sightings, some of which are near crop circles have similar orbs as you describe. I've seen video of some.

Even though this happened night after night, you didn't think to take a pic or video record it?

They have a regular guest on named Jeff Ritzman who describes something similar to what you claim to have witnessed. There's also differences too, so check out the Oct. 8 show for details. It's not too long into the show before he speaks about it.

Unfortunately, I can't say what it was you experience with any high degree of certainty. Only that what you report is a common experience within the subject of ufos and parapsychology.

You have talked about this with your husband after that night (out of bed the next day or so I mean) correct? He remembers seeing it too correct?

David B. link to an incredible documentary in which has a segment where huge orbs (or orblike "things") are being under surveillance. I had seen the show before, but watched it two more times since he linked it here.

It's one of the last cases dealt with, if not the last. The whole program is very good.

Hi all. There is a site where one can upload ghostly images: http://www.ghostplace.com/forum/photo_album.asp

There are a few of my own, such as this one:

http://www.ghostplace.com/forum/gho...-B9BE-40B1-9E87-52BDAA4FADFA}_FS.IMG_0138.jpg

I have never seen orbs with the naked eye, but they show up in many of my photos. In fact, since I know about the phenomenon, do they almost regularly appear in my pics. Naturally, many such images can be dismissed as nothing more than photographic artefacts. But not all of them, I'd say.

The nice thing about a site such as ghostplace.com is that, when you upload your own images, you know for sure they haven't been photoshopped or hoaxed in some other way.

"There are a few of my own, such as this one:"

wow everyone is invisible. a whole room of ghosts?

A.LeClair,

Thanks for posting that link again.

That footage you refer to - the stuff the fellow captured outside his house, and that amazing plasma-like orb shot inside of the house - is really stunning. That one particular indoor sequence is right up on front of the camera lens, and it's simply something else. I'll go on record and state it's perhaps the most compelling "orb" footage I've ever seen.

What everyone needs to understand is that most photographic orbs are indeed artifacts of light refraction through a camera lens, and the reason that people often don't see them when they're actually shooting the picture is that they're using typical point-and-shoot cameras. This type of camera does NOT really show what's coming through the lens - unlike a SLR (single lens reflex) camera, which uses a mirror to shoot the through-the-lens light up to a focusing screen and the optical elements that feed the eyepiece.

I highly recommend that entire show, it's full of really strange - and in some cases, creepy - footage and stories.

dB

The nice thing about a site such as ghostplace.com is that, when you upload your own images, you know for sure they haven't been photoshopped or hoaxed in some other way.

I'm not sure I follow. Wouldn't one know if their own photos were photo shopped without uploading them?

Back