• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

One of those nights of being bugged again.

What if the beings whatever they are tweek are brains to percieve a reality that is holographic/virtual reality-like in nature. To the person the experience is absolutley real. To an outside observer it may seems like the person is just sleeping. The problem with the phenomena is that it can ALSO manifest in what most people would agree on is physical reality.

I would also be interested in hearing about Irishseeker's experience with the TV. So you posted it earlier?

What if the beings whatever they are tweek are brains to percieve a reality that is holographic/virtual reality-like in nature. To the person the experience is absolutley real. To an outside observer it may seems like the person is just sleeping. The problem with the phenomena is that it can ALSO manifest in what most people would agree on is physical reality.

I would also be interested in hearing about Irishseeker's experience with the TV. So you posted it earlier?

Thats possible also.... although its complicated. For me the more complicated the answer, the less likely it is.... but I suppose that could be sen as close mindedness ::)

It's only complicated if you privilege "reality" over the paranormal experience. In a world that is entirely simulated, down to the atom, there's no need for a rigid distinction between real and virtual. It's all real or all virtual depending on one's perspective.

Ok mate i'll check them out.
Wow , i can't believe I didnt even know Ireland had its own language, i know Wales does but I have never been to Ireland. What language is spoken in schools?

Ireland is a english speaking hoff, but our national language is Irish or gaeilge as i know it to be. It is derived from the old celt language.

Three thirds of the population speak english on a daily basis, so do i. The difference in certain areas of Ireland, to other areas, is Irish is the common language. I lived in a Area where Irish was the common language must of my exams where done in Irish, but i later learned english when i was in my early twenty's i know how to write it, certain phrases confuse me sometimes.

However must of Ireland is english speaking due to english colonialism through the centuries (All is forgiven hoff lol). Every exam in the english speaking part of Ireland is done in english.But you must pass Irish to enter college or university in certain courses for eg... TEACHING.....

I guess we have four types of individuals in Ireland

IRISH SPEAKERS.... WHO KNOW NO ENGLISH
ENGLISH SPEAKERS....WHO KNOW NO IRISH

Then you have people who speak both or a little of both.:)

It's only complicated if you privilege "reality" over the paranormal experience. In a world that is entirely simulated, down to the atom, there's no need for a rigid distinction between real and virtual. It's all real or all virtual depending on one's perspective.

I suppose this is true, but believing in this sort of thing is, to me, closer to religion than anything else. I mean, these topics are an interesting hobby for me, but to start believing that every odd experience we have is actually a paranormal event, because we are living in a simulated reality... is well... a bit out there for me.
I prefer the idea that we just don't know the nature of reality, and probably never will. And as for the paranormal events, most of them are explainable...but maybe some aren't..

Lol, i'm half Czech anyway so i'm only half guilty!

I think your profile name gives it a way that you might have a foreign sounding name.Dont tell me your real name that is private my friend!. I could be wrong, by my two lines of course lol:)

Half czech, half english... whoops... i could be wrong again?
Maybe you arent english at all.

Scrape the end part, i think you are half english sorry dude

Ally wrote:
What if the beings whatever they are tweak are brains to perceive a reality that is holographic/virtual reality-like in nature. To the person the experience is absolutely real. To an outside observer it may seems like the person is just sleeping.

There is a series of books by an abductee / contactee Ida Kannenberg. She has been channeling, and part of these books is a dialog with the mysterious entities.

She states (I'm paraphrasing from memory) that SOME of the abduction events are induced memories put into the mind of the abductee. It seems like it's complicated hard work to actually travel here, so "they" find it easier to do much of their abduction thru this projected trance, rather than flying in a ship to somebody's house.

She states that it makes no difference if they actually travel here or not, that the memories seem entirely real, so the EFFECT is the same.

I read one account where a family member saw an abductee sleeping in bed, but there was a strange blue glow around them. And the next morning, the person claimed they were taken on an elaborate abduction event. Was it all in their mind during the weird glowing?

NOW - that said, there are plenty of well documented cases of people are literally gone and family members search for them. Police have been called to search for kids.

And this does not take into account the events of abduction NOT from a bed, while driving, or walking.

peace,
M!

believing in this sort of thing is, to me, closer to religion than anything else.

It's not a matter of belief for me. I may state things a bit strongly, but for me this theory is just a candidate explanation for the unexplainable.

Was it all in their mind during the weird glowing?

That's quite fascinating. One of the weak points in the "simulation" theory is the apparent need for the visitors to do any kind of transportation at all. (If you can float through walls, your command of spacetime must so powerful that you don't need to "go" anywhere.) But this report of the blue glow might account for that. Perhaps the levitating thru windows and riding in a "spaceship" is all just symbolic imagery. The experiencer uses the images to make sense of what really happened?

Al,

I have a couple of questions -

1. How old are you? (n.b - You don't have to answer this if you don't want to - or give a range if you prefer)
2. How old was you when you began experiencing this?
3. What is your first memory after being born?
4. Do you ever have "Fractal Zoom" dreams - perhaps when you was a child something like this - maybe less complex ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=87164000416711705&vt=lf&hl=en
OK try number two . First of all the video did not play so I am not sure what you mean by fractal zoom dreams but I think I have an idea.

I am 43 years old. As far back as I can rememeber I was having paranormal activity.

The first memory that could fit into the UFO phenomena would be when I was toddler. I always thought I was two but I am not sure if that is the correct age. In the experience I am hearing the music form the TV show Hawaii five O. I walk out of my bedroom to see my mom on a cot in the hallway. In real life she used ot take naps in the hallway on a cot so that my sister and I would not go past this area. She stood up on the cot to take a bite of an apple and then she got frozen, not literally but not moving. Her mouth is open ready to take a bite and just freezes. My father sais something like look what you did to your mother! Then these little people start chasing my around the coffee table. This was very scary and I still remember it other than a dream. EDIT I just looked up the Hawaii five O and it didn't start until 1968 so that would have made me at least four years old.

My first memory as a child would be when I was in a crib looking at the mobile above my crib .I think that is what they are called and then pulling myself up by the bars on the crib and wanting out. I confirmed the location of the crib by my mother because it wasn't in my bedroom. So I think I am remembering this.

The other possible first memory was when I was laying on the couch in the living room and having what I would call now an OBE. I was flying and in the clouds and felt free. I used to tell my family that I could fly when I was little and of course was laughed at.

I've had dream state images when I'm half-awake lots of times, but I've always been aware that they were dream images, even when they seemed quite real. For this reason, when Ally says they weren't dream-state visions, I tend to believe her. From what I've seen, there's a big difference in the feel and substance of an actual paranormal encounter to a dream vision.

I think this is interesting, because half-awake dream state visions can seem very realistic, even when you know they are not real. Paranormal visitations can be fleeting and vague, even though you are quite certain they were "real." That's my take on it.

Also, from what I've read in the past, many of Ally's experiences in day-to-day life seem very similar to my own, so I have further reason to take them seriously.

Al try - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05&vt=lf&hl=en

At top of screen box.

I remember having these dreams when I was extremely young - in the cot or in the crib (USA talk) - I speak to people and they cannot understand how anybody can remember things so far back - it seems to be forgotton - I thus think that this is something more to do with how your brain/memory is wired, not necessarily that outside influences affect it.

I am extremely sceptical about stuff like abductions/external interference especially during sleep mode - I choose that your brain is altered when and in during sleep - creating odd/unusual perceptions.

I will try to elaborate further, save my reputation.

Ally - Type "A Mandelbrot the size of the known universe" into google and you probably find it.

All it is, an image that focuses down and down, and down, and down ........ad infineum

I watched the video and I haven't had any dreams like this that I am aware of. Why do you ask have you? Interesing images very vortexy.

Even though I had weird experiences as long as I can remember I didn't know about the abduction aspect until 1994. A combination of events took place back then that put this aspect into perspctive. One of them was reading Dr John Mack's first book about the phenomena that came out in 1994,

So one night after reading a few dreams that I had written down maybe a year or so prior to this plus the book plus all the classic "symptoms" of whatever this was I could no longer deny it. This is not any easy transition for most people.

Freaked out about going to sleep I decided to do some in apartment exercises to get myself exhausted so that I could get some sleep.Thankfully this was a ground floor apartment and I ran in place did jumping jacks whatever and then fell to the ground to relax. My eyes were closed.

Maybe a couple of minutes later I feel this strong presence very close to my face. Too scared to move I stayed there, I thought open your eyes and another part said hell no. I am having this inner dialog of I have to see this and no I can't. Finally I reluctanly decided to open my eyes and HOLY SHIT. There was a being with large eyes about four to five inches looking at me but it was my CAT. Before my conscious mind could comprehend this very funny situation I threw my poor cat away from me and screamed.

Anyway I thought some of you would find this humorous. My cat prior to this had not got in my face like this when my eyes were closed and the timing was just too perfect.

As far as I can tell, with all that's been written on the topic of ET's and ghosts, it could go either way.

Most of the time, abductees never really give too much thought about their being abducted until something flips a switch on, and they start to remember.

Ghosts? Most of the time they get active around 3:00 AM, and can supposedly interfere with your dreaming.

I myself have had dreams so real that when I woke up I couldn't really distinguish one from the other, and on top of that had all the emotional issues for a bit after it. Ever be mad or scared in a dream that when you woke up you were screwed up from it until you calmed down?

All of this stuff is bizarre. The story itself smacks of a lot of creepy stuff.

Here is an interesting "coincidence" with this experience. I went to see my friend/healer for some energy work and catching up. She is Russian and was in Russia for a month.

I told her about some of my night visitations and when I was telling her about this one she saw in her mind's eye that the "person" had on black pants and had a brief case. My friend is very intuitve. She had the impression that this was some kind of official buisness. I was getting from her discription a possible men in black.

She then goes on to tell me about a visitation she had on the airplane ride to Russia. She was in an altered state but not asleep and felt a very strong presence. She looked out the window and saw a reflection of light, I think or something that didn't belong there. She then saw and felt the presence of a being. The being told her to go visit a particlular park. Her son was in the next seat and although she wanted to wake him up and ask him what he was experiencing she didn't because he was asleep.

A few weeks later my friend went to the park with another friend. She did not meantion why she wanted to go. When my frend found a few mintutes of quiet time she relaxed in the sun. She felt and saw a being above her, the same being she saw in the airplane. When she got up a woman appeared seemingly from nowhere. The women asked my frend what she knew about the healing properties of water. I don't remember all of the conversatoin she told me but aparently the woman gave her a CD and told her to attend a meeting that my friend did not attend. She did however keep a phone number connected to this "women".

I asked her if the woman looked normal and my frend said no. She wasn't sure if it was actually a woman. My firend's friend thought is was strange how the woman both just appeared then disappeared.

I asked my friend what day this happened and it was on October 3 the same day as my visitation. My visitation happened on the night of the 2nd and early morning of the 3rd. I posted it on the 3rd. Moscow is 11 hours ahead of Seattle time.

BTW this type of ET? strangness doesn't happend to my friend very often if at all.

Back