• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

One of those nights of being bugged again.

Ally

Skilled Investigator
So last night I went to sleep probably around 1:30. A couple hours into the night I wake up to hear some noices, on my right I hear what sounds sounds like a bang and on my left I hear what sounded kind of like the word bleeeeep.

I figure OK well something is around but I will go back to sleep. Sure enough I start hearing my fan make it's warping sounds. It sounds distorted and in this case it sounded like it was speeding up. When my fan does this, at least my perception of it, this usually means an experience willl follow. Not all of them are bad.

I figure I will just shut off the fan so I can get some sleep and hopefully fall into a deep enough sleep to just say this is a dream. So I think I get up and shut off my fan but the reality seems off and the fan is not going off when I press the botton. I then realize that I am dreaming that I am shutting off the fan but can stilll hear the fan. Irritated I then wake up and shut off the fan.

I keep drifting off and waking up because I can feel that something is around. I finally drift off to sleep only for a short moment to have this
quick flash of a lucid dream-like expereince where I am in a car driving out of a driveway and a "man" puts his hand on the front part of the car and looks in. He does not look all the way human and not is a nordic type of a way either. He gives me a very chilling look.

I sort of wake up when a being enters the room. My first immpresion was that is was one of those praying mantis types that people report. However it looks like a tall grey haired older man but much larger than a regular human. I start to communicate with him/it. I couldn't speak very well but I think I managed to ask a few things. He answered me but for some reason I can't remember any of the conversation.

Even though I should be a used to this kind of shit it is still very scary.At some point I think I want to punch him out to see it he/it has any substance and I do not like that he is here. I decide not to because so far this thing hasn't grabbed me or anything and I didn't want to make things worse. So I make myself become totallly conscious to make this go away.

I decide to try again to sleep but it took about two minutes before I hear this loud buzzing and hissing above me. I think to myself Ok I am going to get in a dimension where you guys don't exist. I guess that means staying awake. It was around then 6:30.

I am a frequent flier of whatever club this is. I have not tried the video tape. I have very little techy skills and not to meantion a diffiucult time sleeping as it is. I honestly don't know if I could get used to knowing that I am being taped. At the same time I am curious about it as well.

I live in the Seattle area. Come on over it's really not THAT far area ha ha.

Sorry I dont fully understand the story....
Were you awake or dreaming when the dude walks in?
Did he resembles Jeff's intruders also, or was it totally different?

Ally,

THere has been a lot of effort made by people to video tape themselves sleeping. The funny thing is how it consistently (and curiously) this fails.

Prof. Dave Jacobs has some very strange stories. Folks will get up in the middle of the night, and casually turn the recorder off.

There is a weird story about a woman getting up in the morning, opening the video recorder that was on all night, pulling out the tape. She took it straight to the barbecue in the back yard, doused the tape with lighter-fluid and lit it on fire. She had no idea why she did this, she simply felt compelled.

M!

Hoffmeister,
My state of awareness felt like I was kind of awake, knowing I was laying in bed. I kept going back in forth between awakeness and lucid sleep that I am not sure where this falls under except that to get out of this I knew to become more conscoius. The inbeween state. I think this is a place where certain aspects of this phenomena manifest where you think it is sleep paralysis or dreams. I might thinkthat way too if I haven't experienced the other more physcial aspects and have talked to many people about this.

I don't right off hand remember what Jeff's intruders were described as. I just remember thinking that this felt like the praying mantis type and I have no idea why. The being looked human though but larger than a normal human.

MikeC,
Your last comment is very interesting and a little scary.

I don't know why this is bothering me unless I am wondering about my memory but there are two important details about Jeff's experirces that I just can not recall. I am not sure if I heard about the shape shifting hitchhiker I THINK I would have remebered that even though I think I have listened to every episode. The other is about what the beings that he interacted with looked like. It isn't like I don't find Jeff's experiences not interesting.

So when Hoffmeister asked me about Jeff's beings I honestly don't remember what he said they look like. Please don't confuse whatever my memory thing is for not being credible or interested in Jeff's experiences.

:)
Hoffmeister,
The inbeween state. I think this is a place where certain aspects of this phenomena manifest where you think it is sleep paralysis or dreams. I might thinkthat way too if I haven't experienced the other more physcial aspects and have talked to many people about this.

You know what mate... when I asked you those questions, i didnt even suggest sleep paralysis, because I have realised that I am basically sounding like a broken record to you guys, and I was literally just trying to find out more about your experience. I said to myself that I would simply ask questions to find out more about your incident but it is becoming increasingly appparent that I am not mentally equipped to deal with these issues. As a result i am going to put my staying on this forum to the vote tommorow.
I hope you sleep better tonight than you did that night... :)

Hoffmiester,
If you want to ask me a question it really IS OK. So we disagree and I admit it is frustrating because I know who I am. You may be voicring opinions that other people are thinking but for whatever reason do to want to ask.

You are, by your posts, a nice person so that is what counts to me.

As a result i am going to put my staying on this forum to the vote tommorow.

Don't bother. If you're not wanted here, people will let you know. As I see it, you're spurring discussion, which is good.

Prof. Dave Jacobs has some very strange stories. Folks will get up in the middle of the night, and casually turn the recorder off.

There is a weird story about a woman getting up in the morning, opening the video recorder that was on all night, pulling out the tape. She took it straight to the barbecue in the back yard, doused the tape with lighter-fluid and lit it on fire. She had no idea why she did this, she simply felt compelled.

M!

wow thats some scary shit. Ive never heard that stuff before, got any links?

edit - HOFF: Stick around man, I think youre overreacting.

Sorry I dont fully understand the story....
Were you awake or dreaming when the dude walks in?
Did he resembles Jeff's intruders also, or was it totally different?

So let's try this again! I am not sure if I was asleep or not but it felt like I was awake-ish. I am blanking on a better word than awake-ish.

I just listened to the August 8, 2006 show with Jeff Ritzmann again. I did aparently listen to it but didn't remember the "person" he picked up as a shape shifter because I have in my head that this terms means Et-human type of shape shifting ,even though that is probably what this was anyway. I also think that at the time I was listening to this I might have been on information overload.

My "being" this morning was a lot different than what Jeff has described as a chold. I think that in either situation being awake or half awake these beings can appear in whatever form they choose, to some degree, so who really knows what they really look like. Was my being liteally an older man I would say not but this is how it appeared to me for whatever reason.

Hoffmiester,
If you want to ask me a question it really IS OK. So we disagree and I admit it is frustrating because I know who I am. You may be voicring opinions that other people are thinking but for whatever reason do to want to ask.

You are, by your posts, a nice person so that is what counts to me.

Alright then.... but i genuinly wasnt asking those questions to suggest sleep paralysis that time..:)

About the "sleep paralysis" and the half awake dream-state, and how it blends with the something that might be called "night-time visitations." This comes up a lot in the need to make sense of the strange experiences reported by people.

If these reported memories were ONLY in bed at night with foggy dream-like imagery - It would be very easy to COMPLETELY dismiss.

BUT - the phenomenon is much stranger than that, and it gives us more to work with. Ally has been reporting some other experiences too, some of them in full consciousness (see the Health Food Store report) and some other things too. These add to the bigger puzzle and make it irresponsible to dismiss something elusive like "night-time visitations" ...

I have some of my own experiences, and one of them was - undoubtedly - easy to dismiss as a "night-time visitation."

I had a very weird experience in 1993, (see thread ORANGE FLASH & MISSING TIME) where I woke up in bed because the room was somehow lit up from my window. I sat up, looked out my window, and saw five spindly gray entities with big black eyes in my yard, back lit by a extremely bright light. I simply lay my head on the pillow and went back to sleep - a strange response! THe whole thing lasted, maybe, 10 seconds? I have no way of knowing, really.

Over the last 15 years I have - for the most part - dismissed this memory as nothing more that a sort of sleep paralysis, or a dream, or ANYTHING but what it appears to be... THe implications are simply TOO bizarre and scary to take literally, So - I don't.

But at the same time, I know how difficult it is to try and articulate something as elusive as a memory can be, especially one awash in strange imagery and dream-like qualities.

I give Ally a lot of credit for her courage to try and explore and understand these very mystifying experiences.

:)

You know what mate... when I asked you those questions, i didnt even suggest sleep paralysis, because I have realised that I am basically sounding like a broken record to you guys, and I was literally just trying to find out more about your experience. I said to myself that I would simply ask questions to find out more about your incident but it is becoming increasingly appparent that I am not mentally equipped to deal with these issues. As a result i am going to put my staying on this forum to the vote tommorow.
I hope you sleep better tonight than you did that night... :)

There is no point with such a poll like that Hoffmeister.It cause's more tension which is not needed. I think you and Ally are valuable in yer own unique way.Disagreements over silly mis'understandings is pretty pointless in my view.

I think anyone on the forums would like you to stay.It is a judgement on my part, but i would be very shocked, to see someone who dis'agreed with my view? You are just asking questions about things that seem not plausible to you .Pretty understandable! Lot of this stuff is way out there man.

I Have had some encounters, are they real? is my mind makeing stuff up? dont know. I had a encounter with a group of my friends when i was a teenager, did we all have some type of lucid dream or hallucination? Highly unlikely i believe. But questions need to be asked, because nobody here knows me personally or anything about me.

People who have had encounters with phenomen have a defensive mechanism within them, it actives when people question there encounters.It is a natural human emotion or safeguard. I have it and many others too. I have used it to counter peoples doubts on my encounter. Either they believe me, or they wont. I Just give it to them straight that is all i can do.

I only had one disagreement with one of your points. I Think you siad? and you can correct me if i am wrong. You siad some encounters would be more likely if you had them while you where in bed because you could have fallen asleep.

Well i cant doubt that it is possible, i just have to go on my encounter for me. I had a encounter while i was on my bed, while watching tv.I cant believe i wouldnt know i was just asleep if i had not been! The encounter was fucked up!

it makes no sense to me that encounter. It is almost laughable even thinking about it.A black box that was ghost like, Crazy.

Anyway Hoff ,stick around.:)

Thanks mate. All I meant with the bed thing, is that if someone tells me about an incident that happened whilst they were in bed, the first option I am going to look at is sleep paralysis, because it is often the most likely explanation.
If someone tells me they were lying in bed, when a bunch of greys wondered in, and then they had missing time.... in my eyes, the most likely explanation is that they had a bout of sleep paralysis. Its not the only explanation, but its the most likely, and based on Ockams Razor, it would be the best option in my opinion.

However, if they had experiences that lasted more than a minute or so, and they thought it was definately real, then other options would have to be explored as sleep paralysis is typically only a short term thing.

People often reject the sleep paralysis because they say 'it was so real', or 'i know i wasnt dreaming' but that is the whole thing about sleep paralysis, it does seem completely real.

When people have a paranormal experience, they often refuse to believe that it is their brain causing the experience rather than some sort of paranormal event as they think it will mean that they are crazy, or something is wrong with them. Yet i dont believe this is the case, the brain is not a scientific instrument and is capable of all kinds of crazy stuff.

I have had quite a few experiences that could be percieved as paranormal, but in every instances I have always looked within myself for the answer first, rather than up at the skies... If you think when it comes to drugs like LSD, where a tiny amount of a substance can make the brain see all kind of crazy shit, it shows how easily the brain can be led astray, so it goes to highlight that the brain is not a computer...

However this is just my opinion, and others will come to completely different conclusions

by the way, care to share some of your experiences in more detail, or have you already in another thread?

The Posts could be a little bit hard to read, my writeing was a little worse when i started posting here first. See i am a Irish speaker, english is my second language, i speak it better than i write it, i am learning every day to write better in english, self learning:D I speak a few languages in fact, french being one through college.

you could go into my profile. There you will find all my posts, it should be there. i would not be able to find it know by any link sorry. Thanks for asking anyway.:)

The Posts could be a little bit hard to read, my writeing was a little worse when i started posting here first. See i am a Irish speaker, english is my second language, i speak it better than i write it, i am learning every day to write better in english, self learning:D I speak a few languages in fact, french being one through college.

you could go into my profile. There you will find all my posts, it should be there. i would not be able to find it know by any link sorry. Thanks for asking anyway.:)

Ok mate i'll check them out.
Wow , i can't believe I didnt even know Ireland had its own language, i know Wales does but I have never been to Ireland. What language is spoken in schools?

Recording can help rule out dreams. Even if a little grey booger makes you turn off the cam, least you'll see that on film and know it wasn't a dream. Unless you sleep walk.

Other times static occurs. If this happens everytime you have an experience, then that probably isn't a coincidence, which is good to know.

Back