• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Olympics

nameless

Paranormal Adept
Here it is again.

BBC News - London 2012: Spelling error in torchbearer's Olympic tattoo
Jerri-Peterson-was-shocked-to-discover-that-her-Olympic-tattoo-had-been-spelt-incorrectly.jpg

A woman who got a new tattoo to celebrate her role in the Olympic torch relay was shocked to discover it had been spelt incorrectly.
Jerri Peterson, from Atlanta in the US, carried the torch through Derby on 30 June after being nominated by the hotel chain she worked for.
Before coming to England, she decided to spend money on a tattoo to mark the occasion.
Only later did the 54-year-old realise it featured the mis-spelling "Oylmpic".

mulder are you kidding? or am i being harsh cos you know like 6 languages (me, only the one)?

now 'olympik' does actually look a much 'cooler' spelling. i am liking the force in this one.

I have no words......but who knows, maybe, in a few years, the Original Youtube Lord will be a thing...honestly, wtf.​

apparently the lady who got the tat thinks its funny and doesnt care, the tatooist has said he would change it but she wants to keep it!!
is she a moron??. i wonder if she knows where the torch running thing comes from;

"The modern convention of moving the Olympic Flame via a relay system from Greece to the Olympic venue began in 1936. Carl Diem devised the idea of the torch relay for the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin that was organized by the Nazis under the guidance of Joseph Goebbels. Krupp armaments company produced the torches in wood and metal, inspired by an olive leaf. The Olympic Flame was lit by a concave mirror in Olympia, Greece and transported over 3,187 kilometres by 3,331 runners in twelve days and eleven nights from Greece to Berlin. Leni Riefenstahl later staged the torch relay for the 1938 film Olympia. The film was part of the Nazi propaganda machine’s attempt to add myth and mystique to Adolf Hitler’s regime. Hitler saw the link with the ancient Games as the perfect way to illustrate his belief that classical Greece was anAryan forerunner of the modern German Reich.[7] There were minor protests in Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia on the way, which were suppressed by the local security forces."

Nah, I bet she sees herself as non-conformist, edgy even. 'Hey guys, look at my ironic tat, totally wanted it to be that way, don't you get it?'

No.
She's still a fucking moron.

I mean, it's just shit.
I agree, its really poor quality work, people should always have a template of the work done first, and check it before the needle.
I remember watching a tattooist in a shop run by outlaw bikers, sterilise the needle.
He had a soldering iron bolted to the edge of a table, and when it was hot would just run the needle back and forth across it and then dipped it in a jar of metholated spirits.

Some of these shops are really dodgy

People wanting one should always take their time, check out as many designs as they can and ask to see the artists portfolio before deciding on getting one.

Always have then stencil the design first and get up and look at it in the mirror and be sure the placement/angle is what you want.
Words and names are problematic too, i once saw a guy with an arm like this

Stacey
Mary
Karen
Lisa
Wendy and Lucy
Kathy
Anna

Funny ? maybe, Classy ? not

Words should always be inked with a pen first then checked, then done, freestyle with wording is a disaster waiting to happen.

The Tat in the OP is crappy on many levels

Yip Mike, and as you well know all those very good common-sense precautions you outline above go totally out of the window when people are drunk!

I bet anyone a grand alcohol was involved.

Hmm, came in here expecting to see discussion about the Olympics. Instead it's all about a tattoo.:)

Only event I care about at the Olympics is basketball. But those games have been such blowouts, men's and women's, that the games get pretty boring after a couple of quarters.

Speaking of women's basketball did y'all know that the max amount a WNBA player can earn is $100,000 a season? That's a far cry from the 20 million+ that some NBA players are getting, like 200 to 1. I knew their salaries were less but I wouldn't have guessed it was that much less.

Most basketball fans will be male and they'd rather watch men playing. Not very fair on hard-working women players but it's a market economy.

Back