• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ok Its Time OBAMA vs. MCCAIN?

Who Are You Voting For?

• Obama

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • McCain

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Paul

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Nader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American -- Not Voting

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Not American -- Can't Vote!

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You cannot have fundamental change if you never choose to change.
–Underdog

----------------------

...But many Americans today are frustrated. The political choices they are offered give them no real choice at all. For all their talk of “change,” neither major political party as presently constituted challenges the status quo in any serious way. Neither treats the Constitution with anything but contempt. Neither offers any kind of change in monetary policy. Neither wants to make the reductions in government that our crushing debt burden demands. Neither talks about bringing American troops home not just from Iraq but from around the world. Our country is going bankrupt, and none of these sensible proposals are even on the table.
–Ron Paul

None of the above. I will not condone either of those jerks, Obama or McCain. Can you believe it? All of the taxes we pay -- I pay -- more than one fourth of my paycheck -- and all they can give us is a shitty congress and senate and Obama or McCain? F our political system. F it right in the A.

To complicate matters, we now learn that presumptive VP candidate Sarah Palin's unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. But she'll apparently marry her boyfriend, the father of the child. So that makes it right for an evangelical Christian's family, right?

"The criminals who terrorize our cities -- in riots and on every non-riot day -- are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to 'fight the power,' to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible."
-Ron Paul Political Report
(Paul claims he doesn't know who was writing articles under his name but it wasn't him!)

"Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided."

"I've been told not to talk, but these stooges don't scare me. Threats or no threats, I've laid bare the coming race war in our big cities. The federal-homosexual cover-up on AIDS (my training as a physician helps me see through this one.) The Bohemian Grove--perverted, pagan playground of the powerful. Skull & Bones: the demonic fraternity that includes George Bush and leftist Senator John Kerry, Congress's Mr. New Money. The Israeli lobby, which plays Congress like a cheap harmonica."

Ron Paul also accepts donations from white supremacists like Don Black (owner of StormFront.org one of the oldest white supremacist sites on the web) and WhiteWorldNews.com. When this is brought to his attention he does not return the donations . . . meaning he's got no problem accepting support from the White Supremacists.

Yeah, Ron Paul is a real F'ing hero.

In his interview with CNN, Paul said that's language he would never use. "People who know me, nobody is going to believe this," he said. "That's just not my language. It's not my life."
He added, "Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Ghandi, they're the heroes [of my life]."

Matt Welch, the editor-in-chief of "Reason" magazine who shares some of Paul's beliefs on big government, says he has never heard the congressman make racist comments like those in the newsletters.

"What I think some people are looking for him to do is to say, 'OK, who wrote that?' I mean, there's 20 years, give or take, worth of newsletters there," Welch said.

Paul said the editor of publications "is responsible for daily activities." But he also cited "transition" and "changes" and said that some people were hired to write stories "but I didn't know their names."
The presidential hopeful described the newsletter revelations as a "rehash" of old material dug up by his opponents because he is gaining ground with black voters due to his stance against the war in Iraq and the war on drugs.
<!--startclickprintexclude-->

"I am the anti-racist because I am the only candidate -- Republican or Democrat -- who would protect the minority against these vicious drug laws," he said.​
<!-- ADSPACE: politics/elections_2008/special_report/lft.180x150 --> <!-- CALLOUT|http://ads.cnn.com/html.ng/site=cnn...age.allowcompete=yes&params.styles=fs|CALLOUT -->

<!--endclickprintexclude-->
"Libertarians are incapable of being a racist, because racism is a collectivist idea."

------------------
He said/she said could go on all day and night. He seems sincere to me, but I'm no mind reader. If the racism claim were to be true, I would be highly disappointed in the man.

Of course, people are going to believe the worst about people they want to believe the worst about.

Wow, pretty compelling. Ron Paul effectively says "Uh . . .no . .. I'm not a racist, really!", and one guy says he never heard Ron Paul make a racist comment.

I guess that explains Ron Paul spending two decades pushing the Nazi agenda through his newsletters!

:rolleyes:

There is nothing I could provide you that would supersede your need to be right.

You always fall back to the same tactic when confronted with your own illogic.

The fact is Ron Paul published racist, anti-gay, anti-jew articles in his Ron Paul Political Report. That isn't my need to be right, that's a fact. You don't see that as a reason not to support him . . . another fact.

So, your support of a man who publishes this sort of filth has nothing to do whatsoever with these bizarre accusations you want to attach to the needs of my ego.

It has everything to do with your character.

Nice try though.

I have no idea what you are talking about? I support Ron Pauls libertarian platform. You come to the thread and ascribe racist comments to Ron Paul that he refutes, and his closest friends refute. You say "nice try but no cigar." I am left wondering what in the world you want from me.:confused:

Why on earth I left this forum open on my day off I'll never know.:mad: I guess I was stupid after all. I should probably go do something less painful, like flay my skin off and roll around in salt.

I have no idea what you are talking about? I support Ron Pauls libertarian platform. You come to the thread and ascribe racist comments to Ron Paul that he refutes, and his closest friends refute. You say "nice try but no cigar." I am left wondering what in the world you want from me.:confused:

I want you to explain why you support a man who published pro-race war, pro-racist, anti-gay, anti-jew material in his newsletter for two decades. Are you really gullible enough to believe that Ron Paul had no idea what was being published under his name and by whom? And if so, explain how such a clueless individual . . . this absolute fool who can't even keep track of his own newsletter, is a good candidate for president.

That's what I want from you.

To complicate matters, we now learn that presumptive VP candidate Sarah Palin's unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. But she'll apparently marry her boyfriend, the father of the child. So that makes it right for an evangelical Christian's family, right?

Its Alaska. All you can do there is Eat, Hike, and have Relations. Personally I think it is all a part of the campaign. Shows that she has the same problems as the common family. Yet she still does what is nessesary. Blah Blah Blah. Im kidding of course but it is interesting to wonder if John McCain and his bulbous cheek mass (who I have nicknamed Juan Carlo) had a conversation about that fact before the anouncement.

I want you to explain why you support a man who published pro-race war, pro-racist, anti-gay, anti-jew material in his newsletter for two decades. Are you really gullible enough to believe that Ron Paul had no idea what was being published under his name and by whom? And if so, explain how such a clueless individual . . . this absolute fool who can't even keep track of his own newsletter, is a good candidate for president.

That's what I want from you.

Your phrasing is a bit like a reporter who meets a politician and says "So, are you still beating your wife?" There is no good way to answer the question.

You must be a McCaininac 'cause your anti-racist views would have to extend to Obama who after 20 years of listening to the racist ravings of Rev. Wright finally decided to leave that church. Or did Sen. Obama not understand what "whitey" Rev. Wright was talking about?

I take Obama at his word that he did not and does not agree with Rev. Wright and that he never has been and is not now a racist, despite some rather iffy doings in the past. If that makes me a credulous dupe, then so be it.

You however, if logic holds, you would never support a "racist" like Sen. Obama. 20 years of getting drilled with racism from the pulpit...either he agreed with what was being said or he was too weak to disagree with it...until it was politically untennable, of course.

Gentlemen, please enough. Ron Paul is a non-entity. Apart from the fact he has no chance of winning... what's that expression... "enough votes to be county dog catcher"... his poilicies are antiquated to the point of being anachronistic. 19th century thinking has no place in a 21st century world and his "fortess america" idea is ludicrous.

Your phrasing is a bit like a reporter who meets a politician and says "So, are you still beating your wife?" There is no good way to answer the question.

Actually, "I have never beaten my wife" works pretty well. The goal is to try and make it a yes-or-no answer. By circumventing yes AND no you can still get out of it. Just.

You however, if logic holds, you would never support a "racist" like Sen. Obama. 20 years of getting drilled with racism from the pulpit...either he agreed with what was being said or he was too weak to disagree with it...until it was politically untennable, of course.

Ya know, I find this whole Rev. Wright thing kinda silly. Maybe it's me because I'm a deist or maybe it's because I live in a society that's more secular but the argument seems to be that Barack is some kind of robot that has been programmed by Wright. This is at odds with the notion that he's also a Muslim because he attended a madrassa as a kid (I guess that makes me a catholic since I went to a catholic school for three years).

Here's an idea: Maybe he's a POLITICIAN, who attended Wright's church so he could be seen to be part of the community, connect with his constituants and gain political brownie points. Maybe he doesn't give a shit about Wright's views at all and is simply using him to maintain his "black bonifides" (he's a half-breed, after all). Anybody ever think of that or is it just me?

Here's an idea: Maybe he's a POLITICIAN, who attended Wright's church so he could be seen to be part of the community, connect with his constituants and gain political brownie points. Maybe he doesn't give a shit about Wright's views at all and is simply using him to maintain his "black bonifides" (he's a half-breed, after all). Anybody ever think of that or is it just me?

I believe you have it right sir.

. . . suffice to say, if Barack had been circulating the Barack Obama Political Report calling for race wars (and worse) over a two decade period I certainly would not support him. I would actually be pretty hard pressed to explain how I could support such an individual in the 21st century, as I believe Ron Paul supporters are pressed to explain their support for him now. He's not even the libertarian candidate for crying out loud, so if it's the platform you're supposedly supporting get behind the right guy (Bob Barr).

Half-breed? Isn't that a term animal breeders use when they have an animal they feel is less on one side of the pool? And don't say "no, It's just two breeds in one" cuz when that's the case they give it a name and sell it for more.

Half-breed? Isn't that a term animal breeders use when they have an animal they feel is less on one side of the pool? And don't say "no, It's just two breeds in one" cuz when that's the case they give it a name and sell it for more.

It's what it says: half of one, half another. What term would you prefer? Hybrid? Bi-racial? Mixed parentage? All synonimous to me.

There's probably some incredibly long, overly redundant politically correct term as well but I'm not fond of euphamisms, I say what I mean.

It's what it says: half of one, half another. What term would you prefer? Hybrid? Bi-racial? Mixed parentage? All synonimous to me.

There's probably some incredibly long, overly redundant politically correct term as well but I'm not fond of euphamisms, I say what I mean.

Half Breed is really only derogatory when used to describe an Native American / White person. Its an old term from many years ago and I'm irritated that you said it, because now I have that stupid Cher song in my head.

Underdog
Sorry if you felt attacked by some of the responses about Ron Paul. But there is no way his ideas could actually be put into practice. Get rid of the CIA, all of the Depts. in Govt. like Education, Labor, and Agriculture. He is basically stating that we go back to 1776.

It was however refreshing to have him in the debates keeping it real every time creepy old republicans like Rudy opened their mouths.

Half Breed is really only derogatory when used to describe an Native American / White person. Its an old term from many years ago and I'm irritated that you said it, because now I have that stupid Cher song in my head.
OK, if you say so.
Half-Breed

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- start content -->Half-Breed can refer to:

That's YOUR fault for listening to Cher in the first place! :p

Additionally, the notion that "half-breed" is deragotory term fails on two counts:

A) It assumes intent on the part of the speaker (ie me) and

B) Unless the speaker is of neither of the referenced races, it would self-insulting. I, being white, have plenty of other direct insults to apply to my own race without resorting to some watered down subterfugal mockery.

Besides, renouncing a term like half-breed places humans above animals, which I don't. Anybody got that Carlin clip handy where he talks about honest use of language versus euphamism? Basically that's what this is.

Back