• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ok Its Time OBAMA vs. MCCAIN?

Who Are You Voting For?

• Obama

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • McCain

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Paul

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Nader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American -- Not Voting

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Not American -- Can't Vote!

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's YOUR fault for listening to Cher in the first place! :p

Additionally, the notion that "half-breed" is deragotory term fails on two counts:

A) It assumes intent on the part of the speaker (ie me) and

B) Unless the speaker is of neither of the referenced races, it would self-insulting. I, being white, have plenty of other direct insults to apply to my own race without resorting to some watered down subterfugal mockery.

Besides, renouncing a term like half-breed places humans above animals, which I don't. Anybody got that Carlin clip handy where he talks about honest use of language versus euphamism? Basically that's what this is.
Oh. you are so right. I agree completely!

Not american, can't vote.

But something tell's me Obama's not what America PLC wants - ask the shareholders -
"The board recommends you put a X in the republican box"

Democracy, Tyranny, Autocracy, Theocracy - can't we just call it Power?

OK, if you say so.
Half-Breed

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- start content -->Half-Breed can refer to:

Alrighty then I stand corrected. I guess I can't argue with the experts at Wikipedia and that you spent so much time setting me straight.

That's YOUR fault for listening to Cher in the first place! :p

Additionally, the notion that "half-breed" is deragotory term fails on two counts:

A) It assumes intent on the part of the speaker (ie me) and

B) Unless the speaker is of neither of the referenced races, it would self-insulting. I, being white, have plenty of other direct insults to apply to my own race without resorting to some watered down subterfugal mockery.

Besides, renouncing a term like half-breed places humans above animals, which I don't. Anybody got that Carlin clip handy where he talks about honest use of language versus euphamism? Basically that's what this is.

Dude if Carlin had a church, I would be going door to door like a Jehovahs Witness signing people up.

With all due respect to the fine and worldly institution that is Wikipedia, I still say that the term half-breed is not automatically a derogatory. I don't deny that it can be used as such but I maintain that realtes to the intent of the speaker and not the word spoken.

Back