• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oh S**t, shadow person alert.

Does anyone know if the term "shadow people" was around before Art Bell (of Coast to Coast A.M. fame) used the term? I think it was the mid-to-late 1990s when he began to use it with callers.

Yeah these little buggers scare the crap out many people it seems :question:and theses dimensional ? beings seem to be able to communicate to some through sounds as well.:eek:
My own shadow biengs experience was a mass of dark shadow floating across the celling and hanging down while growling near my face, How do I know this as it (shadow thing) managed to breath air and growl while blowing my hair this sent chilli's down my spine. :eek:
I wonder if this is what causing the cattle and human mutilations 'SHADOW PEOPLE' the dimensional eaters /travelers or explores from another world?

I thought since im new I would give 3 experiences I have had with what you guys term "shadow people", I just called them black figures. First one I think I had was when i was alone. I was about 6 years old an lived in a house where I always had nightmares, now mind you my dad would see apparitions in this house that were dark or shadowlike, anyways I was laying in my bed one night had just turned the light out when I seen a shadow of a human like figure except it was wearing a hat, an I thought to myself oh it's just my imagination cause my mom always told me when i when i would have a bad dream it was just my imagination an it made me feel better so I closed my eyes then looked back over there again an the shadow was standing in the middle of the room. I thought well maybe there is something hanging on my door causing this shadow to be there an sure enough there was a bath robe hanging on the door but nothing to make a hat so when I turned to look again the shadow was standing beside me an lifted me up an threw me across the room then picked me up again an thew me back on my bed so I jumped in the floor an rolled under my bed an started screaming for my mom who came running in there an didn't see anything. Now I am more of a quiet clear headed type person an would just rule this off as over active imagination when i was little had it not picked me up an threw me, which I could physically feel it when it picked me up. Very scary. I am a religious person so imo it was a demon since it was violent an scared me so bad but thats the first encounter I had.

2nd- I was about 10years old this time an this was one me an my buddy witnessed together. Another town nowheres near the first experience. Me an my friend Matt were riding our bikes an coming up the big hill in the middle of our neighborhood on the left was a church an on the right side of the road was an elementary school, both were at the top of the hill. We were about halfway up when I see a Shadow just go flying across the road from the church side to the entrance road to the back of the school, now i didn't say anything at first but my an matt looked at each other an he said did you just see that an i was like yeah but I thought it was just my imagination. So we went flying up to the back of the school but couldn't see anybody walking or anything. Now this Shadow was moving about as fast as a car going 35mph last I checked an Olympic sprinter can't go that fast. So I have no clue what that experience was but it was def witnessed by me an my friend both.

3rd- Can't remember my exact age when this one happened I think it was around the same time as the 2nd but can't remember if it was before or after. I was sitting up talking with my cousin at my uncles house one night an the blinds to the back glass sliding door were pulled open so you could see out on the back deck. We were sleeping in the living room floor on blankets we had laid out cause she didn't live there with her dad(my uncle) an we were just sitting up talking cause it was one of my first times meeting her cause we hadn't known about her till around that time when her mom let my uncle know he had a kid with her. So we were talking an looking out back when a figure shot across the door from left to right an there is a rail all the way around the back deck on that side an the deck had about a 10ft drop to the groun an she seen it when i did because we both kinda gasped at the same time when we seen it. We wouldn't go near the door cause it scared us but we couldn't see anyone standing there.

Now im not sure what exactly I experienced on any of those but i do believe they were real an not my brain, mind, eyes, etc........ I have had my eyes checked plenty of times an had a brain scan done before to check me for an anxiety disorder I had at 16 years old which I am happy to say I made a full recovery from. They said I had just held in my emotions with my dad dying when i was 12 an my best friend dying when i was 15. But I was a very healthy young man with normal brain function an in very good physical health which I still am in. So in my personal opinion those experiences don't have a logical explanation....

Just because you're eyes are in good health, it does not mean that your mind can't play tricks on you. The fact that all these things happened so long ago, it's highly likely that they have been embellished in your mind over time.
I doubt that it'll make your experiences any less frightening, but they were not demons. It was your brain playing tricks on you.

I gotta disagree about it being my eyes when I felt something physically grab me. Now I am a hesitant to say things sometimes but that stuff was not my eyes especially when at two of the experiences the people remember it. Your eyes dont put a trick in front of you that can physically grab you, sorry but gotta disagree on that one. Had it just been standing in the room an not touched me I would agree with you. Other two experiences weren't just my eyes so unless you can convince my cousin an friend they didn't see anything then I say that eye theory doesn't hold up at all.

An how would you suppose it's been made up in my mind for so long? it hasn't been that long ago. An ask some of the people I told about it, they will give you the exact same story I just told ya. What evidence do you have that it was my mind? The one we seen while riding bikes was in the middle of the day it was broad daylight an I had slept till about 1pm so a good 10hours of sleep at least so my mind wasn't tired an it was a relatively cool day, an I hadn't been overworked or anything just casually riding my bike with my friend chatting about bicycle ramps.

I gotta disagree about it being my eyes when I felt something physically grab me. Now I am a hesitant to say things sometimes but that stuff was not my eyes especially when at two of the experiences the people remember it. Your eyes dont put a trick in front of you that can physically grab you, sorry but gotta disagree on that one. Had it just been standing in the room an not touched me I would agree with you. Other two experiences weren't just my eyes so unless you can convince my cousin an friend they didn't see anything then I say that eye theory doesn't hold up at all.

An how would you suppose it's been made up in my mind for so long? it hasn't been that long ago. An ask some of the people I told about it, they will give you the exact same story I just told ya. What evidence do you have that it was my mind? The one we seen while riding bikes was in the middle of the day it was broad daylight an I had slept till about 1pm so a good 10hours of sleep at least so my mind wasn't tired an it was a relatively cool day, an I hadn't been overworked or anything just casually riding my bike with my friend chatting about bicycle ramps.

I never said i had any evidence that my speculation was correct. All I'm saying is that a combination of your mind playing tricks on you and your brain adding certain things to the experience since it happened is more likely than a "shadow person."
However, if you are certain that an evil spirit was what you saw in all those cases, nothing I suggest (no matter how plausible) will change your mind.

Im not by any means saying for a fact that I know what it was. Im just saying that it for sure wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. My mom remembers the incident an my dad had seen things in that house so thats more than one person. My females cousins lived in that house before we did an they moved to the house next door when we moved in an they saw stuff in the house. It wasn't always a shadow figure either. I seen it more than once but it touched me that one time an that sticks out the most vivid because it physically did something to me which my mind did not make up or fabricate. I have heard the whole noise thing before an I can tell the difference when my mind plays tricks on me also. That rarely happens but when it does I am very very tired which very much so attributes to that type of stuff happening. Im just saying how can you say it was my mind fabricating that when it actually physically touched me. I said what I "thought" it was, not what it factually was. I can't factually say what it was or was not, just what I felt an what happened, which I am the best evidence an perceiver of because I was there. There were other incidences that happened at that house that made no sense. For instence when I first got my dog I was sleeping at the foot of my mom an dads bed they were asleep an somehow the back door gets unlocked which it was dead bolted an locked on the knob an my dog ends up in the backyard, I woke my mom an dad up an it took us forever to find the puppy but it was sitting in the backyard an nobody had let him out. Im just saying that factually it was not my mind that played a trick on me that night BUT im not saying it was for a fact an "evil spirit", just that it did not seem like a good entity by any means. But it is what it is I just thought I would share the incidences with you guys because it makes for interesting conversation.

-J-

Back