• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oh dear! It's worse than we thought.

Free episodes:

It was a cruel psyop that kept me confined to the house with a four year old. I was temporarily locked into a world where yellow sponges wore pants and turtles looked like ninjas. Sanity is only slowly returning.

It was a cruel psyop that kept me confined to the house with a four year old. I was temporarily locked into a world where yellow sponges wore pants and turtles looked like ninjas. Sanity is only slowly returning.

I've found my grand-kids actually likes to watch some of the things I enjoyed as a kid. The Little Rascals and The Three Stooges are easier to tolerate and I think more entertaining than Sponge Bob. The older two are hooked on The Dick Van Dike Show and the five year old loves watching old horror movies like House of Frankenstein and Harrihausen movies with me. We've watched "It came from beneath the sea" a half dozen times. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Nobody is going for The Thunderbirds or Stingray. I didn't even try Fireball XL5. That really dates me I know.

When I was fairly young, say 10 or so, I enjoyed the original Universal horror movies, such as "House of Frankenstein." My dad would take me to a movie theater at Times Square that played those old flicks, including movie serials. I remember, for example, seeing "Captain Marvel," the super hero who was once a credible competitor to Superman (many years later, I bought a DVD version). The early flying scenes on that 1941 movie were actually better than what you'd see in much more modern films about people who can fly.

I've found my grand-kids actually likes to watch some of the things I enjoyed as a kid. The Little Rascals and The Three Stooges are easier to tolerate and I think more entertaining than Sponge Bob. The older two are hooked on The Dick Van Dike Show and the five year old loves watching old horror movies like House of Frankenstein and Harrihausen movies with me. We've watched "It came from beneath the sea" a half dozen times. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Nobody is going for The Thunderbirds or Stingray. I didn't even try Fireball XL5. That really dates me I know.

Those old puppet shows were extremely cool. They must have been quite time consuming to make. Universal monsters is flat out all time cool. I don't care what anyone says, monster movies will NEVER top that era of film making. Ever since Argento turned away from the supernatural and instead focused on the homicidal maniacs, things have not been the same.

My all time favorite film maker, and has been now for at least the last 25 years, Cronenberg. Cronenberg's movie's are so heavy I can't even classify them apart from simply referring to them as, fabled surrealism spectacular.

Back