• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
b17948bb8cdbef26e63271551358ebda.jpg

My apologies captain. I am a proud Cat Person and no amount of talk will convince me that they are not utterly superior to dogs. Dogs are the Red Shirt of the pet species. Good for away missions.

I have to agree in that I'm a cat person, I like how independent they are and how skilled they are at pretending to love you and be near you (when they want something - the term 'ulterior motive' was made for cats IMO. However, I must say I appreciate dogs more than I used to - as a kid I wrongly blamed dogs for crapping on the sidewalk etc when of course it was the bad owners I should have directed my anger against.
I still don't like dogs that can take me in a fight to the death but apart from that, nobody can deny that a dog loves unconditionally and there is no better example than the sad sight of a homeless street person with a dog. Only sad because anyone is on the streets at all but a beautiful example of a dog loving an owner no matter the conditions. A dog probably is man's best friend but to me a pet need not be a 'friend'!

I have to agree in that I'm a cat person, I like how independent they are and how skilled they are at pretending to love you and be near you (when they want something - the term 'ulterior motive' was made for cats IMO. However, I must say I appreciate dogs more than I used to - as a kid I wrongly blamed dogs for crapping on the sidewalk etc when of course it was the bad owners I should have directed my anger against.
I still don't like dogs that can take me in a fight to the death but apart from that, nobody can deny that a dog loves unconditionally and there is no better example than the sad sight of a homeless street person with a dog. Only sad because anyone is on the streets at all but a beautiful example of a dog loving an owner no matter the conditions. A dog probably is man's best friend but to me a pet need not be a 'friend'!
Goggs, I would have a cat for no other reason than to watch them clean themselves. I love that they are so single minded about it.

My apologies captain. I am a proud Cat Person and no amount of talk will convince me that they are not utterly superior to dogs. Dogs are the Red Shirt of the pet species. Good for away mission

I agree and was just being facetious. I love all animals, including dogs. Sometimes my pets blow my mind, and they have opened chambers of my heart that were unknown to me before.

I like dogs and cats and all kinds of sweet lil fuzzies. Mice are less snuggly for the reason they always seem to want to bite your fingertip.

I agree and was just being facetious. I love all animals, including dogs. Sometimes my pets blow my mind, and they have opened chambers of my heart that were unknown to me before.

I have seen my father in tears ONCE in my whole life. The day I saw him carry our cat of 20+ years back from the vet after being put down. He was bawling his eyes out and it was actually strange - he didn't shed a tear over his own parents dying etc but for our cat (Olivia) it all come out.
I found a photo of our cat from about 1999 and it is up on my wall now. A long term pet is every bit a member of the family and I'm not joking to say I'd give the pinky off my right hand to see Olivia again. I really would. :(

I've always been more of a cat person than a dog person, but I still love all our furry friends.

But... I take issue with the fact that a dog loves the owner unconditionally.

For example: THIS is my dog. I took this photo.
What he's saying is, "F*** off, bitch. You can go walk yourself."
DylanCouch.png

Yeah, I'm not feeling the love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back