• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 15, 2017 — Dr. Scott Kolbaba with Paul Kimball

Oh great! Now that you have revealed your recipe publicly, I suspect that IHOP will soon be selling it along with their other gooey concoctions, flaunting them all on TV commercials that will hypnotize my subconscious mind to crave more sugar. LOL
By the way, not for nothing, but if I ever need to make myself vomit - I can simply watch one of those IHOP commercials. What they advertise looks like the most disgusting concoctions one could jam down there gullet in the morning time. But hey, what do I know? To each his own.

By the way, not for nothing, but if I ever need to make myself vomit - I can simply watch one of those IHOP commercials. What they advertise looks like the most disgusting concoctions one could jam down there gullet in the morning time. But hey, what do I know? To each his own.
Sugar is highly addictive and is easily available. Even HOME DEPOT locally sells candy bars at the checkout. IHOP is for people who just don't give a damn anymore. I also find their commercials gross. I had a doctor tell me once that I should never eat anything advertised on TV - I'd live a lot longer.

I'm in agreement with several people here, especially @Thomas R Morrison, that there are as yet no critically developed grounds for conflating 'para-normal' experiences occurring during ufo sightings, events, contacts, on one hand, with 'para-normal' experiences of the kinds exhaustively studied by psychical researchers and parapsychologists since the founding of the Society for Psychical Research established in the early 1880s in the UK. That some people claim to have had experiences of both types does not support the proposition that these experiences all have a single origin and significance emanating from a region of 'supernormal being' separate from the region and conditions of being that our species, along with other animal species, occupies in the local world we inhabit.

Our species' recorded history is filled with examples of what psychical researchers have called 'para-normal' experiences and capabilities, including extrasensory perception, precognition, postcognition, telepathy, remote viewing, clairvoyance, and psychokinesis. It might be that people possessing varying degrees of these capabilities are more likely to be open to receiving and understanding information of various kinds available during sightings of ufos and interactions with beings met in encounters with landed ufos. But my impression is that a great many ufo and associated entity witnesses merely experience the shock of encountering radically unfamiliar things and beings in the world they think they are familiar with and understand.

Depending on their personal histories (of experiences and reflection on their experiences, and their resulting psychological mindsets), such witnesses might simply be mentally and emotionally overwhelmed or destabilized by their encounters and either grasp for prosaic explanations of what they are sensing or grasp at 'explanations' in terms of what they have seen represented in films, television programs, and memes widespread in their current popular culture. Neither response is adequate to the challenge of comprehending the nature of what is consciously experienced, whether in ufo encounters or in a multitude of other situations in which we can find ourselves experiencing 'reality' in marginal, multiple, and incoherent ways. What requires investigation in our time is the nature of consciousness itself. The currently developing interdisciplinary field of Consciousness Studies pursues this question from scientific, philosophical, and parapsychological perspectives, all of which are necessary approaches.

There are extensive research archives available to us from the 140 years of modern psychical and parapsychological investigations to date that should be consulted by anyone proposing a theory, or even a working hypothesis, that ufo phenomena can be accounted for as manifestations of a single category of experience we can naively label 'the paranormal'.

There is a new study of William James's investigations of psychic phenomena during the years 1880 to 1910 that might provide a good overview of the mindsets with which psychical researchers had to contend in developing that discipline. I'll post the title and link to the introduction of the book available at amazon. A fully searchable text is not yet available there.

Krister Dylan Knapp, William James: Psychical Research and the Challenge of Modernity, Hardcover – May 1, 2017

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGZPW56/?tag=rockoids-20

Note: in the table of contents click on "Introduction: Tertium Quid"

Last edited:
Interesting show. This is the kind of show i would expect to hear on Coast to Coast and fall asleep too. Gene and Paul, you made the show interesting and worth listening to. Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back