• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oct 5 08 - Hilly Rose and two Angry Humanoids

Hello David Biedyn,

David Biedyn said:
I'm like Alex Jones?

OK, I officially quit the paracast. I don't like being insulted like that, I don't need this kind of abuse. I'm outta here.

Geez, no need to over react please.

I did not state this as an insult, if you perceived it as such than my sincerest apologies.

However i did not state that you are like Alex Jones. I was merely stating the intensity of your concern about our current American State of Affairs. Had similar overtones on this particular subject matter.

My former statement above was not meant as character assassination. I've been an avid weekly listener for nearly two years now and value your fore thoughts and line of questioning with each subject matter you David & Gene cover each week.

Again my statement above was in regards to the subject matter and the over tone it was stated. Not that are like such and such person. Please distinguish the difference between the two intended viewpoints.

The main problem with online interactions... is...

Lack of body language. And facial expressions. And silly nuance.

Alex Jones is actually my second cousin, and for years, at Thanksgiving barbecues, we get into famous screaming matches. I've cut notches in Alex's earlobes for years, that squealing, petulant pig, and he's tried to mark my arm with his sad little Sharpie marker in retaliation, the sad fool, he's never been able to get that thing close enough to my head so that I could sense it's chemical stench. Alex is a runt, a little spot on the white purity of my life, and to be compared to that little (literal) bastard is just too much for me to digest.

And his curmudgeonly cameo in that lackluster Linklater film?

My fault.

dB

Hello David Biedny,

David Beidny said:
Alex Jones is actually my second cousin, and for years,...

Is that true, or part of your witty sense of humor or lack thereof. :p

If that is the case, he'll be a good guest for your other podcast show you plugged last week of "The Angry Human".

Oh the kosher hotdog is on me. :) (just ask Gene)

Hello David Biedny,

Is that true, or part of your witty sense of humor or lack thereof. :p

If that is the case, he'll be a good guest for your other podcast show you plugged last week of "The Angry Human".

Oh the kosher hotdog is on me. :) (just ask Gene)
David is always serious. Didn't you know? :D

Okay, after hearing all the doom and gloom, the corporate/government ultra-corruptions and the apocalyptic economic crash and burn,.....I've noticed no one is asking two very important questions.

1. How will these events affect the lives of the middle and lower class American?

2. Assuming no amount of Congressman/Senator/-(Insert Other Corrupt Government Official)- letter writing/protests/full blown street riots will do anything at all to fix this and only get people killed...........What the Hell can the average guy do about this?

Are we just impotent rag dolls in the giant wood chipper of the rich and shameless?

Is it time for Mrs. Bush to utter those famous words,"Oh, let them eat cake."?!?

I hear the bad news, but not one thing about what average Joe Public can do about it
There is nothing more depessing, nothing more disheartening and morale killing than your entire life and future being blatantly butt-f&*%ed right before your eyes with absolutely zero chances of hope for things to get better, or that any kind of justice will ever be served on the greedy bastards.
These guys are going to get away with it, and get away with it without any kind of reparations or at any cost to them at all, IF we do nothing .....
(besides outright civil war, and only the greedy bastards would win again no matter if they are from the North or the South or West or East, look at the original Civil War...only the guys who made money off the war and afterward were the real winners)

So, does anyone have any ideas how to save our country AND bring the greedybastards to justice?

The main problem with online interactions... is...

Lack of body language. And facial expressions. And silly nuance.

Alex Jones is actually my second cousin, and for years, at Thanksgiving barbecues, we get into famous screaming matches. I've cut notches in Alex's earlobes for years, that squealing, petulant pig, and he's tried to mark my arm with his sad little Sharpie marker in retaliation, the sad fool, he's never been able to get that thing close enough to my head so that I could sense it's chemical stench. Alex is a runt, a little spot on the white purity of my life, and to be compared to that little (literal) bastard is just too much for me to digest.

And his curmudgeonly cameo in that lackluster Linklater film?

My fault.

dB

I think Alex Jones is everyone's favorite punching bag. He is a bombastic egomanic, but he also gets the best guests on that have far more credibility then he does himself. I listen to his show 1-2 a week if there are guests on of interest to me. Take the good with the bad.

Hi All,

Exo_doc said:
So, does anyone have any ideas how to save our country AND bring the greedybastards to justice?

Civics 101 would state just get involved.

Also if your a US Citizen make sure you Vote what you consider are the right people into office. Two years ago Americans voted in a Democratic party majority into Congress.

Getting involved can mean anything from being an informed citizen to joining some sort of advocacy or social justice group. We could also follow the example set by the Civil Rights Marches / Protests of the 1960's. Be they "sit-in's", to being in marches or what have you. (just hoping those don't get violent due to some foolish anarchist groups ruining it)

I'd rather see this form of passive aggressive involvement versus people having riots or worse.

Hi guys,

Good show again, Hilly seems to be a good guest, I always enjoy these older guys talking about things in retrospect, more power to you getting on more of them, more often.

About the second part, I don't really understand why David considers Paulson's China connection earth shattering. I think what goes on is this:

1. You burn more money than you make at the moment, that means you have a hole in your budget.
2. To patch the hole, you sell bonds.
3. The Chinese have some cash lying around, they buy your bonds.
4. Like if you buy up enough shares of a company, you can appoint somebody onto the board of directors, if the Chinese have 20% of your bonds, it helps if they liaise with someone they trust. It's their money after all.

And I think this is not about the bonds they actually have, after all Japan has 22%, it's about the bonds they will buy in the future, and Japan won't buy anything anytime soon, they first have to get rid the truckloads of Toyotas you won't buy in the near future. David said, that it is unlikely that you will leave Iraq anytime soon, so those bonds have to be sold.

I don't see any conspiracy in this, it's more like business as usual.

And finally, maybe you or somebody already thought about this, but can you try to get Strassman on?

DeeJay

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
On the Hilly Rose portion: He sounded like a thoughtful interesting radio veteran. I totally disagree on on point he pounded home with no disagreement from Gene or David. He said there was no scientific proof of the paranormal. There are four books at least that totally refute that idea: The Field by Lynne McTaggart, Entangled Minds & Conscious Universe by Dean Radin, and Limitless Mind by Russell Targ. Just recently the radar returns from Stephenville lend solid credence to that UFO sighting. Not to mention that all science is largely based on observational evidence, of which there is plenty for both UFOs and the paranormal.
On the Angry Human portion: I was again mostly thrilled with this portion and plan to listen to David's radio show when I find it. There was one thing I was very sorry to hear; the part putting Al Gore down. He is my personal favorite but beyond that I believe David(?) has fallen for some Republican talking points against Mr. Gore. However even if VP Gore burns more electricity than ConEd that doesn't change the validity of his Global Warming message one iota. By putting him down you are just muddying the waters concerning his message which is invaluable. As a former head of state he cannot travel from state to state and country to country delivering his message on a bicycle.
Penultimately a funny piece on the financial debacle: How the markets really work (from 2007)
Worth watching if you can bear to laugh at the monetary crisis.
Final note: I really love listening to the Paracast even if I occasionally beg to disagree.
Best,
Fahrusha

Little bit late with this one. Great show, especially the Angry part...No BS and no tiptoeing around. Great stuff!

P.S. Who’s the dude from Croatia that Mr. Rose was talking about (one that was recording ghosts on tapes and all that)?

Back