• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oct 5 08 - Hilly Rose and two Angry Humanoids

Anyone hear the Terrance McKenna lecture on UFO's. I heard it on the psychedelic salon and it was interesting to me to hear what he thought. Wild concept, aliens having to do with these psychedelic drugs as some form of communication or something. Anyone else familiar with him?

enjoyed the show

glenn

Im familiar with him Ive been meaning for some time to buy some of his books.

Got a link for the Terrence McKenna audio/

Anyone hear the Terrance McKenna lecture on UFO's. I heard it on the psychedelic salon and it was interesting to me to hear what he thought. Wild concept, aliens having to do with these psychedelic drugs as some form of communication or something. Anyone else familiar with him?

enjoyed the show

glenn

Terrance McKenna is one of the most interesting people I have ever heard speaking on what is reality, metaphysics and hallucinogenic drug use, philosophy etc etc etc.

In my mind he was streets ahead of similar thinkers like Timothy Leary, and Robert Anton Wilson. Its just such a shame that he died at such a relatively young age. It would have been amazing to be in on one of his lectures ... and he would have been an utterly astonishing guest on The Paracast.

I believe he was a pioneer in the use of DMT, and believed that it might have been a way of opening up another level of reality where one could converse with "machine elves". He was quite a guy, and some of his work may help us understand the wider paranormal reality as well as UFOs, and other worldly intelligences, consciousness, etc etc etc..

Haven't heard his UFO stuff for a while ... so I might have to potter off to the Psychadelic Salon again and blow my mind again (needs a good air out now and again ... usually every six months).

http://www.matrixmasters.com/podcasts/

As I discount DMT as anything other than what it is (an hallucinogen) it should surprise no one that I find Terrance McKenna overrated. That's all I'll say about that.

As I discount DMT as anything other than what it is (an hallucinogen) it should surprise no one that I find Terrance McKenna overrated. That's all I'll say about that.

When I was reading about DMT a few years ago the thing initially intrigued me was the fact that users report consistent experiences. I dont mean that they all trip and get feelings of euphoria, or anxiety or whatever. But users see entities and they see the same entities. This is an experience that has been reported by many different and uknown to each other users of DMT.

Now LSD users may also report similar effects such as image/sound distortion and just alltogether weird shit. But to have users report consistent occurances is just mind blowing to me.

Must... not ... respondddddd..... ah, F' it!

When I was reading about DMT a few years ago the thing initially intrigued me was the fact that users report consistent experiences. I dont mean that they all trip and get feelings of euphoria, or anxiety or whatever. But users see entities and they see the same entities. This is an experience that has been reported by many different and uknown to each other users of DMT.

Similar isn't identical. If everyone who ever did DMT described an identical place and identical sounds and all met a being named Hoopie Rosenflantz I might grant it some cred. They don't.

Besides, since DMT is a naturally occuing chemical within the brain it's predictable that it will cause similar effects. To me this is clear evidence of strictly in-brain reaction and nothing to do with any external dimensions whatsoever.

Similar isn't identical. If everyone who ever did DMT described an identical place and identical sounds and all met a being named Hoopie Rosenflantz I might grant it some cred. They don't.

Well I've just started listening to the UFO lecture he gave at a UFO conference, and he talks about DMT providing repeatabilty. He says that thats the great difference between the UFO experience and the DMT experience ... repeatability.

Anyway, some more McKenna here: http://www.lancerules.com/terence/ (tons of audio here) and here: http://www.datachurch.com/ (go to "People").

Oh, and there's no way McKenna is over-rated ... he's still enormously under-rated in my mind ... and I am always right :D ... so put that in your pipe and smoke it :p ... mmmm ... machine elves ... cool :D

Youre right. I used the wrong word entirely there. What I meant to say is users consistently encounter the same entities.

He says that thats the great difference between the UFO experience and the DMT experience ... repeatability.

Everytime you take Pepto it settles your stomach. Everytime you take Tylenol, it relieves your headache. Everytime you drink too much, you get drunk. Everytime Jim takes DMT, Jim sees the same thing. Cause>>>effect. If Jim sees the EXACT same thing Bob sees when he takes DMT, gimme a call. That's repeatablility.

so put that in your pipe and smoke it

Puff... puff... tastes like hot air... must be McKenna.

If Jim sees the EXACT same thing Bob sees when he takes DMT, gimme a call. That's repeatablility.

Well thats basically what Im saying. A hallucination that causes a user to see things like entities and such shouldnt cause different people to see the same entities. The fact that people are reporting encounters with the same entities tells me that there might be more to it than simple hallucinations.

Does everyone see the same thing and encounter these entities? No. But if it happens just one or two times, IMO there is something there worth looking into.

The fact that people are reporting encounters with the same entities tells me that there might be more to it than simple hallucinations.

I think you missed my point. Commercial drugs are used to treat symptoms of disease because, through process of testing, they have been proven to relieve or cure them. The fact that DMT causes similar hallucinations only indicates it affects people in the same way and not a more general hallucinatory state as with say, LSD.

Admittedly I have only read about five different accounts of DMT use and while all were similar, they were NOT IDENTICAL. That's what "same" means to me. This fact merely reinforces my suspicion that this is merely an in-brain experience and not metaphysical in the least.

I think you missed my point. Commercial drugs are used to treat symptoms of disease because, through process of testing, they have been proven to relieve or cure them. The fact that DMT causes similar hallucinations only indicates it affects people in the same way and not a more general hallucinatory state as with say, LSD.

Admittedly I have only read about five different accounts of DMT use and while all were similar, they were NOT IDENTICAL. That's what "same" means to me. This fact merely reinforces my suspicion that this is merely an in-brain experience and not metaphysical in the least.

No, I understand what youre saying. What Im saying is that the fact the 'hallucination' that people have on DMT is encountering the same entities - rather than just a generic 'entity' - is to me compelling.

I agree that Greer is a dead end, but I think there is something to the nefarious nature of this economic disaster and the black budget(s). How about Catherine Austin Fitts? George Knapp had her on awhile back and I thought there was alot of interesting stuff—specifically related to Black Budget and potentially ETs.

Good show. Hilly Rose was interesting and bright enough to admit he doesn't understand everything about the paranormal. I thought his anecdote about the "gongs" that took Clearchannel off the air was pretty bizarre. I'd love to hear the tape he spoke of.

As for the Angry Human- rock on! We need more angry humans at this point of our societal evolution. I'm still appalled that they passed that fool bail-out bill, though I'm not at all surprised. I do, however, have to disagree that calling your representatives is therapeutic. All it's done for me is piss me off even more. It's like beating my head against a wall. :mad::mad::mad:

Keep it up, guys!

Really enjoyed it... that Hilly bloke seems pretty sincere, not knowing anything at all about him anyways..

THEN David's views with Gene.... very good. Glad to hear an American ACTUALLY talk about America in a realistic and informative way. In Australia we have an "outsiders' look, so we see the U.S. literally from afar and what is seemingly going on maybe a bit differently and in conjunction with Europe.

I dont like the crystal ball futuring... it's not pretty - at all. Maybe it's a little too close to reality. :confused:

Well done on the show. We are listening to a lot more of David's work now also. Congrats on your honesty. 8)

Hello All,

I just wanted to comment on the second segment of the show with David Biedny. David did sound like an Alex Jones but more so with an economic concern.

If i were to delve into a conspiracy motive and not chalk this up to corruption and sheer incompetence, which is more the norm than the exception.

It sorta feels like the ones pulling the strings in the Bush Administration or to that ultra national group that meets once a year in the Netherlands. (Bildagroup ?) Wants to crash the global markets on purpose and buy everything up on the cheap akin to a fire sale. Sorta of creating a "New World Order" under their own view of Imperial economic uber class. So create a coup in the world by crashing the global markets not in mere few years. But slowly over decades thus diffusing any direct suspicion of a conspiracy.

It's easier to control others by polarizing them, such is the way of "Divide & Conquer". Since if the people here in the States or elsewhere were United than you'll have another democratic movement America saw in the 1960's upon Civil Rights. Those in power rather have us at each others throats in fear of where our "daily bread" will be coming from. So we'll be distracted to figure out whats really going on, and if we did it'll be waaay too late to fully recover or mitigate enough damage that was caused to the American way of Life.

Of course that's all on the linch pin if i was fully of a conspiracy mindset. :p

Like Hilly Rosie mentioned at the beginning of his intereview in "The Paracast". They were talking up the same things back in the 1960's / 70's as we are today. It's just for us a different war, different scandals, different figureheads. The more things change, the more they stay the same. They'll always be a new generation of naive folk to replace the last group of suckers unfortunately. :eek:

I'm like Alex Jones?

OK, I officially quit the paracast. I don't like being insulted like that, I don't need this kind of abuse. I'm outta here.

Back