• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nuclear Weapons and UFOs

jjkrause

Paranormal Novice
Why would occupants of UFOs be so concerned about our nuclear weapons?

Is it possible when a nuclear weapon is detonated, it not only destroys objects in our physical reality, but it could also destroy objects and inhabitants of other dimensions?

When you think about it, UFOs have been witnessed disarming nuclear warheads, maybe they're not doing it to protect the human race, but in reality are doing it to protect their own race in their dimension(s).

Just a thought.

I've always thought that your observation is quite accurate - a nuclear detonation would put out so much energy in a condensed area, it would almost HAVE to create some type of ripple that would transcend our dimensional construct. The fact is that UFOs have been often sighted near nuclear facilities - think about Cpt. Robert Salas and the Maelstrom AFB incident, and it seems clear that the UFO wanted to show that it could disrupt and deactivate the missiles. I suspect that this is less about us destroying ourselves, and more about the notion that a nuclear detonation is not a good thing in general. I do always reserve the right to be wrong. :redface:

dB

I think—at the very least—nuclear detonations send out a "beacon" that would probably be detectable in other dimensions. In addition to the high amount of energy measurable with our current technology could there be other forms of energy/ phenomenon that we just don't know about?

If nuclear weapons actually destroyed objects in other dimensions I would have expected "them" to stop the hundreds upon hundreds of nuclear tests that were conducted by US, USSR, France, England, etc. Of course there could be other explanations like they don't care about random small atolls in their dimensions.

jjkrause said:

Perhaps they consider that our most interesting technology. Or they want to make sure they can disable them if they wish. Or maybe they are trying to figure out how to make their own.

jjkrause said:
Is it possible when a nuclear weapon is detonated, it not only destroys objects in our physical reality, but it could also destroy objects and inhabitants of other dimensions?

While stipulating to the existence of other dimensions or branes (whatever) I am skeptical that anything we do here would affect any other dimension.

There is no evidence that any "energy" from any type of exothermic event in our reality is missing. There is no "missing" energy. When we blow something up (convert matter into energy), it produces precisely the amount of energy predicted.

And remember, even a nuclear explosion is a trivial amount of energy compared to what is happening at the Sun and in a host of other astronomical events. If some other intelligence were monitoring sudden flashes of energy from our dimension, a nuke wouldn't seem all that significant.

Now, if they had some way to "listen" just for artificial fission/fusion reactions then we might have a winner. They might be interested when any civilization starts unraveling the sub-atomic universe.

There's no evidence (that I know of!) that anything we do here affects anything in any other dimension. I am not aware that anyone has ever found any "holes" in conservation of energy.

jjkrause said:
When you think about it, UFOs have been witnessed disarming nuclear warheads, maybe they're not doing it to protect the human race, but in reality are doing it to protect their own race in their dimension(s).

"...disarming nuclear warheads..."? Are you talking about the Maelstrom AFB event? Well, a big UFO is seen and some missiles went offline. Assuming a relationship between the two events, we have no way of knowing what the intent was. They could have been trying to arm them; or detonate them; or improve them. Or it could've been an accident --- a byproduct of their propulsion systems.

Or it could be that they simply go for our most obvious strength, nuclear weapsons, to show us who is superior. It really needn't be more complicated than that.

fitzbew88 said:
"...disarming nuclear warheads..."? Are you talking about the Maelstrom AFB event? Well, a big UFO is seen and some missiles went offline. Assuming a relationship between the two events, we have no way of knowing what the intent was. They could have been trying to arm them; or detonate them; or improve them. Or it could've been an accident --- a byproduct of their propulsion systems.

I've read about another event where they were filming a missile in mid-flight during some sort of test and a UFO flew into the frame, flashed a few beams of light on the missile, and the missile was either disabled, or fell apart (can't recall).

jjkrause said:
I've read about another event where they were filming a missle in mid-flight during some sort of test and a UFO flew into the frame, flashed a few beams of light on the missle, and the missle was either disabled, or fell apart (can't recall).

Ah yes...this was during missile testing from Vandenberg Air Force Base in 1964. The semi-famous Big Sur incident.

It was *possibly* a test of technology to counter anti-ballistic missile weapons. However, if true, we would have to assume that folks that viewed the tape of the event misinterpreted what they saw.

In my own mind, I classify the event as likely not paranormal.

We've launched thousands(?) of missile tests. Why would "they" destroy one in 1964 and ignore everything else?

I've also been a little troubled by the story itself, but those are nit-picky things.

David Biedny said:
I've always thought that your observation is quite accurate - a nuclear detonation would put out so much energy in a condensed area, it would almost HAVE to create some type of ripple that would transcend our dimensional construct. The fact is that UFOs have been often sighted near nuclear facilities - think about Cpt. Robert Salas and the Maelstrom AFB incident, and it seems clear that the UFO wanted to show that it could disrupt and deactivate the missiles. I suspect that this is less about us destroying ourselves, and more about the notion that a nuclear detonation is not a good thing in general.

That's my point of view also. Apart from empty words, I see no evidence that points to the "visitors" being interested in our well-being in any way. The ufo nuclear demonstrations strike me as either 1) a display to our military leaders of their overwhelming power, or 2) the defusing of something that endangers them in some way.

I think perhaps the thing that would decide whether it's 1 or 2 is how long this ufo/nuclear base connection continues. If it's a power display meant for particular world leaders, then I'd think a couple of demonstrations would be sufficient to convince them. But if it's to protect themselves, then I'd guess that they would continue to deactivate nuclear weapons as long as they're being built, no matter where in the world they happen to be.

In the interest of that question, does anyone know when the most recent ufo/nuclear base sighting was? Is it Rendlesham?

I don't think the twin bases at Rendlesham had nukes, did they? Not sure about that one. I found this interesting list on the NICAP site, though:

http://www.nicap.org/ncp/ncp-ufois.htm

Here are a few more related bits and bobs:

http://www.nicap.org/babylon/missile_incidents.htm
http://www.cufon.org/contributors/DJ/Do%20Nuclear%20Facilities%20Attract%20UFOs.htm
http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/2/5135
http://www.ufomind.com/misc/1997/sep/d23-008.shtml

There's also this clip of Dr. Bob Jacobs talking about the Big Sur incident:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_WU9Y_cCqLw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_WU9Y_cCqLw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The UFO brought the radiation level down. The level was decreased almost four times. This probably prevented a nuclear blast. Three years later (on September 16, 1989), the fourth power-generating unit emitted radiation into the atmosphere. Several hours later, a doctor saw an object in the sky above the Chernobyl plant. Doctor Gospina described it as “amber-like.” She said she could see the top and the bottom of it as well.

extracted from the link below
http://ufocasebook.com/92102.html

im not sure the difference between an accidental explosion and a purpose made one (bomb) could give any clearer an indicator of motives. but if the case above has merit its worth considering

Siani said:
I don't think the twin bases at Rendlesham had nukes, did they? Not sure about that one.

When Col. Halt was asked point blank, he declined to answer. Saying it was classified information. You can read into that what you want.

What I remember reading from the book about the incident at Rendlesham is that it was a weapons storage depot. No mention was made that either of the two bases (another is nearby) had the capacity to to fire those weapons, only that the nukes were stored at Rendlesham. Of course, the rest might be classified, but I'd think it would be easy to detect silos, whatever their sort.

Hey, maybe they're housed within the forest? Doesn't seem likely, but the ufo did land in the forest.

Siani said:
I don't think the twin bases at Rendlesham had nukes, did they? Not sure about that one. I found this interesting list on the NICAP site, though:

It wasn't disclosed until years later, but I'm pretty sure the Rendlesham base did have nukes. It was secret at the time because apparently the US was breaking some sort of international treaty (imagine that...).

What about Israel and N Korea? Has anyone here read stories of ufo-nuke connections from those countries?

I may take shit for saying this, but perhaps the military is only pretending that UFOs show concern for our nuclear weapons. The Maelstrom AFB case could be a military hoax, part of a psych op. So could a number of other cases, such as the one where the dude claims that he saw video footage of a UFO shooting a dud missile out of the sky. These military bastards cannot be trusted. They could be lying. Salas could be a loyal officer and following orders to make shit up. Samey same with the Bentwaters case.

One "explanation" I heard, from a source of questionable reliability (the channeled "Ra Material," for those who know it, I started another thread on it elsewhere here), is basically the following:

When we detonate a nuclear device, those caught in the blast are destroyed in a way which (for lack of a better term) destroys them on a metaphysical level, or at least a physical level beyond that which any other man-made force is capable. This, in effect, renders our "souls" damaged, unable to progress, evolve, or reincarnate - and unable to serve as substrate/nutrient/power source for the "higher" entities which either need it or which have an interest in seeing us evolve. Some "positive" beings have taken to trying to heal the souls damaged, so they can continue in their evolution (not necessarily for altruistic motives, simply because they recognize that damage to us is damage to the universe), and they are not "happy" with the situation and the task. Negative entities don't want their source of "power" or nutrition depleted - in that respect we are damaging a precious resource to them.

Yep. Kooky, I know. I'm almost ashamed to bring it up, but I still think it boils down to some basic and plausible theories/motives. And above all, it introduces the idea (which strikes an odd chord in me, as something I used to have recurring dreams about) that a nuclear blast is capable of doing damage to "things" beyond what we recognize as purely physical. Not necessarily causing "ripples in the universe," as has been suggested, but more in the way of a destruction of our own metaphysical integrity, as entities ourselves.

There is no evidence that any "energy" from any type of exothermic event in our reality is missing. There is no "missing" energy. When we blow something up (convert matter into energy), it produces precisely the amount of energy predicted.

And remember, even a nuclear explosion is a trivial amount of energy compared to what is happening at the Sun and in a host of other astronomical events.

Sorry late to the party on this discussion, but jsut wanted to add my 2cents reply to the statement above. All the energy may be accounted for, but when you consider the effects of EMP over a rather large area I still tihnk the first 2 posters ideas that there may be an effect felt due to the detonation mightn't be that far out.

Just a thought.
Of course your statement makes sense, but it can be a simple explanation. Any intelligent species comeing to earth would be studying all aspects of a civilisation that includes nuclear weapons:question:

None of your other examples sound plausible. Sure they could be the case, but following that logic they might have been trying to communicate with worms and this was the unfortunate result. The plausable answer is that they were trying, for some unknown purpose, to shutdown the launch capability of these weapons. They did and established repeatability having already done it at a different site a week earlier. It was, without a doubt, their intent to stop those weapons from being able to be fired. Plain and simple.

Back