• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 6, 2016 — Michael Esposito

It's funny how some people are so disgusted by their perception that the hosts/guests/show is poor or lacking in some way, and then make sure everyone knows they are exercising their right to cancel their subscription, yet they obviously still enjoy the free show so that they can continue to find fault and post about it. For free!
Constructive criticism fine, but the show has had the same 2 hosts for years now, and they are the same people, so people are free to stop listening to a show that obviously annoys them.......

By the way Chris I just watched Dead Whispers - I am positive that I looked for it on Youtube a good while back but never found it. It's there now anyway. Great stuff and so obviously genuine, as you explained, in that it wasn't contrived and full of amazing evidence all the time that prove demons are round every corner...

I don't doubt that weird things happen. During what I interpreted at the time to be a church haunting, an electric organ began to play and when we went to check it out, there was nobody at the keyboard, and there seemed to be no way anyone could have gotten past us without being noticed. At the time we thought it was the ghost of a musician who had a funeral in that church. But since then I've come to the conclusion that interpreting hauntings as evidence of continuity of consciousness or souls of the dead or other similar notions cannot be logically substantiated, and therefore it must be something else. The question then becomes what is responsible?

I didn't hear anything in Esposito's theoretical explanations that could actually work the way he was suggesting it might, but it is possible that certain kinds of technology could create such impressions. For example hypersound technology, developed by DARPA, or certain kinds of microwave resonance, which could also cause physical discomfort and other physical symptoms. Given the kinds of experiments that have been done in the past by government agencies, and the kinds of PSYOP tactics guys like John Alexander talk about, even if the sounds seem unexplainable and aren't hoaxed, there could be other Earthly explanations.

Some Points To Consider

Agree you cannot believe everything your spoon feed. However, more weird events folks experience it changes your perception on the reality we live in and can't ignore police, military eyewitness reports in regards of UFO and paranormal events over the years. Although, I don't discount small percentage technology advances use in some events to fool or used for political gain in defence contracts at the expense of eyewitness?

Agree you cannot believe everything your spoon feed. However, more weird events folks experience it changes your perception on the reality we live in and can't ignore police, military eyewitness reports in regards of UFO and paranormal events over the years. Although, I don't discount small percentage technology advances use in some events to fool or used for political gain in defence contracts at the expense of eyewitness?
Indeed. Firsthand experience may not be the best evidence one could conceivably get, but it's far from having no value. The important thing to keep in mind is that regardless of the nature of the evidence, how we interpret the evidence is also prone to it's own errors. Like seeing an apparition that looks like some dearly departed relative doesn't mean that the apparition is the dearly departed relative. In fact, because an apparition is not the same as an actual living person, it has to be something else. So no matter what evidence one gets, there is none that can be sufficient to give weight to the idea of afterlives, at least not in the sense that they are usually imagined.

Last edited:
Well we don't know what's waiting in the afterlife and we can't ignore the paranormal aspects which science doesn't have answers nor religion. They both have theories and the tarnish factor. Still think they? only know the same as anyone else except those who need to know. Furthermore, would not be surprised other states have advance technologies not just the USA and Russia you would be naive.

Well we don't know what's waiting in the afterlife and we can't ignore the paranormal aspects which science doesn't have answers nor religion ...
The statement that, "we don't know what's waiting in the afterlife", adds no weight to the claim that afterlives exist or are even possible. The statement is also a logical fallacy in that it assumes the claim is true to begin with. It's also not true that we "can't ignore" afterlives as a possibility. We can, and there's good reason to do so. That's because some things ( like interstellar travel ) are possible, and some things ( like afterlives ) are impossible.

Understanding exactly why afterlives are impossible is a bit of a lengthy process that goes against a lot of other people's personal and religious beliefs, and therefore I don't want to get into a lengthy explanation here in this post. Suffice it to say that although afterlives aren't possible in the way they are commonly portrayed ( as a continuation of personhood after the death of the body ), that doesn't mean that there hasn't been any truly anomalous phenomena that has led people to jump the conclusion that afterlives are real. I believe such phenomena is real. I've seen it myself.

Last edited:
The statement that, "we don't know what's waiting in the afterlife", adds no weight to the claim that afterlives exist or are even possible. The statement is also a logical fallacy in that it assumes the claim is true to begin with. It's also not true that we "can't ignore" afterlives as a possibility. We can, and there's good reason to do so. That's because some things ( like interstellar travel ) are possible, and some things ( like afterlives ) are impossible.

Understanding exactly why afterlives are impossible is a bit of a lengthy process that goes against a lot of other people's personal and religious belief, and therefore I don't want to get into a lengthy explanation here. Suffice it to say that although afterlives aren't possible in the way they are commonly portrayed ( as a continuation of personhood after the death of the body ), that doesn't mean that there hasn't been any truly anomalous phenomena that has led people to jump the conclusion that afterlives are real. I believe there has been. I've seen it myself.
I remember someone asking Ricky Gervais if he believes in life after death.He said no.He said to the interviewer,do you remember anything before you were born the interviewer said he didn't.So Gervais replied exactly,"I didn't exist,now I exist and when I die I will no longer exist".This makes sense to me.I don't dismiss ghosts as Ive encountered several strange things.I just don't believe it's the dead returning.

By the way Chris I just watched Dead Whispers - I am positive that I looked for it on Youtube a good while back but never found it. It's there now anyway. Great stuff and so obviously genuine, as you explained, in that it wasn't contrived and full of amazing evidence all the time that prove demons are round every corner...[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to watching this also Goggs

Not the best show of the paracast I have heard but I'm not going to un subscribe because I don't like a particular topic or weeks episode, keep on keepin on fellas.

Constructive feedback... as a skeptic I would have liked more exploration of the technology. E.g. how does a microphone translate sound compression into a recording what are the possibilities of misrepresentation of these compressions etc etc

The other area I would have like to explore is similar to the face on Mars issue, I forget the name of the phenomenon but it's humans ability to draw faces and patterns of meaning from abstract images.

E.g. are our brains taking noise and trying to decode it and make sense of it so we think we hear words. A good test of this maybe is to play the EVP in different countries and see if different language speakers get different words from the same sounds

Interesting show, but I'm only half-way through.

But so far I'm very disappointed that, yet again, the English EVPs are pre-empted with what we are supposed to hear! No, NO!

For years part of my job was to listen to weak speech radio signals to get various IDs. When there's one I couldn't quite make out, I asked a colleague what they think is being said. We never, ever suggested what we thought it was because that's what the next person is likely to hear too! They must listen without any pre-conceived notions.

This is such basic common sense but it is almost always overlooked by EVP researchers.

Those EVPs perceived to be in a foreign language of course get over this, especially if the language is not recognised.

BTW, where are the sound files that were going to be posted in the show notes?

Well we don't know what's waiting in the afterlife and we can't ignore the paranormal aspects which science doesn't have answers nor religion. They both have theories and the tarnish factor. Still think they? only know the same as anyone else except those who need to know. Furthermore, would not be surprised other states have advance technologies not just the USA and Russia you would be naive.

After life.....no life obviously.....for the after of life is death.....for life is only lived.

If you ask a question about atmospheric recording of a living experience, the conditions for atmospheric recorded feed back and causation determine that the condition for haunting is real........a large percentage of human beings have witnessed the manifestation of the atmospheric conditions.

If a human life is recorded playing an instrument, then the instrument also would be recorded being played. As our atmospheric body is demonstrating its attack and change, then unnatural manifestations of the dead are re-appearing as known caused phenomena. Just records.

What you should be asking is what is causing the huge amount of phenomena as a causation....and the only answer you will get is unnatural human applied sciences that are burning the atmospheric body....the gases.

The reasoning to the UFO fall out burning body conditions.....the atmosphere of Earth supports nuclear fusion. To alter nuclear fusion an atmospheric signal has to be caused to attack the fusion condition. Therefore the atmosphere gets burnt. This is how old records of human life experiences....animals etc re-manifest and then act out the recording.

The reason the dead of human life emerge and also fake/artificial spirit manifestations is due to causation. We live due to energy interacting with our living body...we die because the energy is also used by the Earth stone to remain fused. Scientists took the atmospheric energy for use of a nuclear fuel....therefore the Earth ground state began to lose its energy interaction. This is why human life began to get sick and die because it lost the amount of energy it once personally owned....and it was given to Earth stone instead to keep stone fused whilst they attacked it.

This is the only reason the amount of deceased human records in the atmosphere began to re-manifest as warning signs.

Interesting show, but I'm only half-way through.

But so far I'm very disappointed that, yet again, the English EVPs are pre-empted with what we are supposed to hear! No, NO!

For years part of my job was to listen to weak speech radio signals to get various IDs. When there's one I couldn't quite make out, I asked a colleague what they think is being said. We never, ever suggested what we thought it was because that's what the next person is likely to hear too! They must listen without any pre-conceived notions.

This is such basic common sense but it is almost always overlooked by EVP researchers.

Those EVPs perceived to be in a foreign language of course get over this, especially if the language is not recognised.

BTW, where are the sound files that were going to be posted in the show notes?

I agree Ian. Immediately after this show aired I messaged Gene to say that Michael should be brought back ASAP and the EVP recordings be made available to + members before the show so that the listener could pause the show and play the EVPs for themselves before they are told what to hear - the only way to suss EVPs is for multiple people to giver their take independently and without pre-knowledge etc.

I am also really into the technical aspects and I would love a discussion on the possible mechanism that might allow a non-physical intelligence to cause a human voice to be recorded in an audio recorder. There is so many knowledge gaps, nay, theory gaps! To do with how this all might happen. I never hear this discussed on shows.

Bottom line, Michael has to come back so we can properly all join in the EVP analysis and musings on the science etc.

I agree Ian. Immediately after this show aired I messaged Gene to say that Michael should be brought back ASAP and the EVP recordings be made available to + members before the show so that the listener could pause the show and play the EVPs for themselves before they are told what to hear - the only way to suss EVPs is for multiple people to giver their take independently and without pre-knowledge etc.

I am also really into the technical aspects and I would love a discussion on the possible mechanism that might allow a non-physical intelligence to cause a human voice to be recorded in an audio recorder. There is so many knowledge gaps, nay, theory gaps! To do with how this all might happen. I never hear this discussed on shows.

Bottom line, Michael has to come back so we can properly all join in the EVP analysis and musings on the science etc.

EVP/ITC embraces my electronics/radio background and paranormal interests so I've been interested for decades - ever since I read Breakthrough and built the Raudive EVP circuit, which of course only picked up strong AM signals because it's just a simple un-tuned crystal set!

All experiments need to be done in Faraday cages, for obvious reasons.

After all this time I'm still not convinced there is a real paranormal phenomenon here. Most of the noises can be interpreted in many ways, and probably have completely ordinary although complicated explanations. Then of course pareidolia gets in the way, not to mention outright hoaxing! (There's a UK group that has been accused of that. Why would anyone bother?)

One of the causes is meteor-scatter radio propagation when using one particular form of the radio method. I wrote this up for a magazine years ago and still have it I think, and also made some very interesting recordings.

Of course if a name (preferably a full name) or a clear answer to a question that can be heard by everyone, then I agree there is something worth investigating. But how often does this happen? The recordings I heard on the Paracast were not exactly convincing were they? And presumably those were the good ones!

If the phenomenon exists at all and has been captured on both analogue and digital equipment, then there's a big clue here as to what's going on - possibly...

Well, I've ploughed through the whole podcast. Some observations:
Why no explanation of the equipment he used? Sounds like he just uses the microphone method, but using what mics and recorders?
What few voices I could make out had some echoey quality, strongly suggesting they were real voices, but just not noticed at the time.
The digital recording artefacts were very significant. But really, when you're trying to make these sorts of recordings you need a high bit rate to give a good quality recording. This sounded like he was using some basic digital voice-memo recorder!
And when he resorts to "when there's nothing there I play it backwards"... dear, oh dear.

If those are the 'good' recordings I think he will have put off any budding EVP researchers. Just nothing there in my opinion.

During the entire podcast he didn't even mention how he'd taken precautions against RF break-though, extraneous noises, or other misleading results.

The strange, disjointed phrases usually picked up during EVP sessions probably point to a cause, but this wasn't discussed.

Anyway, an interesting change of subject for the Paracast.

Back