• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 5, 2017 — Kevin D. Randle

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
One of our best episodes, in which Kevin revisits the Socorro, NM UFO landing of 1964, and reveals what he knows about possible multiple witnesses, and the claims that the sighting was all due to a hoax.

Kevin also talked briefly about rocker Tom DeLonge's claims of inside knowledge and other subjects.

We also continued the interview on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. For more details about our premium subscription service, please check:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

It strikes me as reasonable to assume that Ramey assumed (i) interest in the Roswell case would wane and (ii) no technology would exist any time soon (if ever) that would allow someone to analyze the memo crumpled in his hand.

It strikes me as reasonable to assume that Ramey assumed (i) interest in the Roswell case would wane and (ii) no technology would exist any time soon (if ever) that would allow someone to analyze the memo crumpled in his hand.
The memo has been goosed, massaged and enhanced by 3 or 4 different efforts into the realm of noise and resolution. Ron Regehr just did a fine presentation in Gallup, NM that showed and then compared all the various versions and came up w/ what may be the best possible reading. I'll get him to shoot me a copy to post for everyone.

Thanks Chris, I'd like to see it.
I was responding to Kevin R.'s conjectures that an Officer wouldn't nonchalantly be carrying around a memo of such import. Rather, I think it is plausible that Ramey thought there was essentially no risk in carrying it around in a discrete manner.

Thanks Chris, I'd like to see it. I was responding to Kevin R.'s conjectures that an Officer wouldn't nonchalantly be carrying around a memo of such import. Rather, I think it is plausible that Ramey thought there was essentially no risk in carrying it around in a discrete manner.
Ron think he was literally handed it just before Bon Johnson started taking pictures. He may not even have read it yet, Ron thinks.

Ron think he was literally handed it just before Bon Johnson started taking pictures. He may not even have read it yet, Ron thinks.
I remember somebody suggesting that the Ramey memo was likely just the text of the initial press release about recovering a crashed disc. Does the readable text match that of the first article that appeared in the paper, or any other document we know about? It shouldn't be too hard, even with incomplete text, to see if it matches a known document, or if it's new information.

Since I raised the question, I am not at all convinced the so-called Ramey Memo is a smoking gun about an alleged crash of a spaceship at Roswell. Indeed, the more I see this case revisited, the more I see that it has nothing whatever to do with UFOs.

I remember somebody suggesting that the Ramey memo was likely just the text of the initial press release about recovering a crashed disc. Does the readable text match that of the first article that appeared in the paper, or any other document we know about? It shouldn't be too hard, even with incomplete text, to see if it matches a known document, or if it's new information.

As I recall, the memo mentions 'Ft. Worth.' That strikes me as being information beyond mentioning the recovery of a disc. This appears to be the article (?): ROSWELL DAILY RECORD: Tuesday, July 8, 1947

Since I raised the question, I am not at all convinced the so-called Ramey Memo is a smoking gun about an alleged crash of a spaceship at Roswell. Indeed, the more I see this case revisited, the more I see that it has nothing whatever to do with UFOs.

Why? "Victims of the wreck"

Last edited:
Yes. That he didn't think an Officer would be walking around with a memo with that information in his hand. I was not at all convinced.

That some memos do and some memos don't have lots of military jargon and that this one didn't.

Again, why?

Back