• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 30, 2014 — Dr. Bruce Maccabee

You can download from the forum's home page, our home page, our Archives page, iTunes, etc., etc.

If you want the premium, ad-free version, you need to subscribe to The Paracast+.

He may be a top researcher in this field and a very interesting guest. However, I have no idea on whether or not he is because my brain is unable to decipher the low pitched constant monotone of his voice. I think it is outside of the perceptible frequencies of my hearing range.

On the plus side for Dr Maccabee, I will now need to buy the book.

He may be a top researcher in this field and a very interesting guest. However, I have no idea on whether or not he is because my brain is unable to decipher the low pitched constant monotone of his voice. I think it is outside of the perceptible frequencies of my hearing range.

On the plus side for Dr Maccabee, I will now need to buy the book.
So i'm not alone in this.His mumblings are sometimes hard to understand...

So i'm not alone in this.His mumblings are sometimes hard to understand...
Jimi's point about frequency range and hearing is interesting for Gene and Chris to pay attention to because it is true that certain frequencies are difficult to access the older we get, but that cutoff is usually at the high end which falls off more and more each year. I still have a really good range for my hearing despite my age and could tune in this guest pretty easily. But it took some attentive listening. That's something to consider maybe for future guests and how you can still produce a quality product by overcoming recording issues.

I enjoyed the show with Dr. Maccabee. Wouldn't mind hearing more of from him. He's up there in years so you have to be patient listening to older guys I guess. It's an unfortunate reminder that many of the people who were involved back then are not going to be around much longer.
One of the points that you guys touched on which, I've always found interesting is the question , "Is most of the extraterrestrial visitation, UFO, flying discs, whatever you want to call it information more in the private sector then in the military or public?" I really think it is and I think that he said the same thing. For a long time I have believed that this has made it easy for The Air Force and the Government to deny because it's been out of their hands for a long time. Remember that the Rand Corporation was involved in this at very early stages. For years people keep asking the Air Force why they deny the existence of area 51 well, that's because it isn't an Air Force Base. I believe it's always been a private facility contracted by the government. Like the Sandia corporation and the nuclear test Range. I don't think private companies or corporations have to answer to the Freedom Of Information act do they? One last little thing here. Whenever I listen to any of the comments or little speeches made by the Air Force during the late 40s early 50s they never say these things don't exist they always said "they're not a threat" I find it to be a very ominous statement.

BTW ...remember the 1948 Rand report on the possibility of space travel? Apollo 11 Astronaut Mike Collins started his book quoting the report.

Thanks for asking my question Chris :). After hearing Dr. Bruce still stands behind everything in the Walters' Gulf Breeze Sightings book, I'm inclined to take pretty much anything else he says with a grain of salt. That being said, I still get a lot of enjoyment listening to case studies from the Golden Age of Ufology.

I love Bruce Maccabee and respect his knowledge. The only part of this guy that leaves me saying "what? Really??" is that he totally believes the Ed Walters photo/story. I'm sorry, but anyone can tell its a bunch of BS. Especially coming from a two time felon.

Back