• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 22, 2015 — Chris Aubeck

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Continuing our focus on guests who are doing solid research, rather than armchair speculation, we present author Chris Aubeck, who wrote, with Martin Shough, "Return to Magnolia: Investigating UFOs in History."

This is an episode that offers case histories and perspective. It's ripe for a discussion about the meaning of the presence of UFOs throughout our history.

We continue this discussion on this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. Check here for more information about our premium service:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Good episode. That makes quite a few good episodes in a row. But its the "bad" guest that generates the most discussion.

Chris's sophomore appearance was everything i thought it would be. thanks for tossing my question out there. Lots of snickers in this episode as well from the redundant;" and she's a female" to the naughty; "... know some ufologists that should be thrown out a window" to the teasing: "and next week we are going to send him a gold watch". I always enjoy it when the paracast goes the fortean route as i'm not really all that involved with famous case studies and dissection of same but i love talking about folkloric implications and belief systems being questioned, altered and/or justified. Chris's (K.K.) mention of flying humanoid cases got me to thinking that hopefully Albert Rosales can be brought on once again. I get the impression that he's probably been approached but maybe demurred as he never really sounds all that comfortable on the radio but he's been dropping in more and more in other podcasts so maybe he's coming out a little more. Righteous show guys. and i'll be looking for my gold watch in the mail next week...and then the week after that...and the week after that...and...

Chris's sophomore appearance was everything i thought it would be. thanks for tossing my question out there. Lots of snickers in this episode as well from the redundant;" and she's a female" to the naughty; "... know some ufologists that should be thrown out a window" to the teasing: "and next week we are going to send him a gold watch". I always enjoy it when the paracast goes the fortean route as i'm not really all that involved with famous case studies and dissection of same but i love talking about folkloric implications and belief systems being questioned, altered and/or justified. Chris's (K.K.) mention of flying humanoid cases got me to thinking that hopefully Albert Rosales can be brought on once again. I get the impression that he's probably been approached but maybe demurred as he never really sounds all that comfortable on the radio but he's been dropping in more and more in other podcasts so maybe he's coming out a little more. Righteous show guys. and i'll be looking for my gold watch in the mail next week...and then the week after that...and the week after that...and...
The watch will arrive Julember 33rd!,:)

Chris, at the beginning of the show you mentioned that you might come down to Phoenix to meet with Marc D’Antonio when he did his talk at Phoenix MUFON on Saturday. Were you there in the audience during his presentation? I didn’t notice you.

Marc’s talk was very good. One of the best I’ve seen. There were times when the audience spontaneously began applauding during his talk (such as at his conclusion of the description of UFOTOG II). That’s not something I recall seeing before. He can also be quite funny.

Besides UFOTOG I (the $250,000 HUMMER) and UFOTOG II (which they believe they will start deploying within 18 months), he talked about the results of Kepler, the tiny fraction of time that human civilization has existed relative to the age of the universe, theoretical concepts for interstellar travel, and a fast moving (200 knots) unidentified submersed object which was picked up on sonar while he was on a submarine during his work with the Navy.

It's like..what can I say?
I learned some cool things. I love hearing about comics. The wheel-less buggy man in black story is super weird:p
Another tasty episode!

Assy humor is evergreen like fart humor.;)
Everyone thinks butts are funny.
I'm a big comedy nerd, and I like dry humor too, but ya know..
If you don't get down with the high and low brow humor you're only getting half the laughs!

Gene, with all due respect, in re to Jacob's book having a high rating on Amazon: If popularity was a true measure of quality then Justin Bieber would be considered a musical genius.

Actually you should read the reviews to see what people think about the book.

I did read the reviews, Gene. I think the meaning of my post went over your head.

As the cliché goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words". Maybe this will help. :)

DGwUyp9.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't talking sales. The Jacobs book is hardly a best seller.

Besides, my main point was evidently a little over your head. It was about the fact that online reviews are weighted towards the negative.

That being said, it was curious to see the response to the Jacobs book compared to the polarized response in this forum and a few other places.

Now back to our main topic of discussion...

For Chris ("KK"): In the Turok, Son of Stone comic, his sidekick was Andar.

Also - good episode.

TUROK! I worked on the original video game back around '96. Loved shooting Dinos with a Bow.

Distractions aside, it was an interesting listen. I enjoyed the Wonders in the Sky book, so I will check the library- remember folks, the UFO books are at the beginning of the dewey decimal system, around 000-050 or so. Save your $ and use the library:)

Last edited:
TUROK! I worked on the original video game back around '96. Loved shooting Dinos with a Bow.

Distractions aside, it was an interesting listen. I enjoyed the Wonders in the Sky book, so I will check the library- remember folks, the UFO books are at the beginning of the dewey decimal system, around 000-050 or so. Save your $ and use the library:)
That was a great game, one of the very few FPS I have ever liked. Kinda off topic sorry.

Back