• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 22, 2015 — Chris Aubeck

This episode was enjoyable from both ufological and historical perspectives and I'll be picking up a copy of Mr. Aubeck's book before the holidays.

The only aspect of the program that I did not enjoy was the segment on flying humanoids. I've never heard a credible story on the subject, and I find the term itself off putting. The remainder of the research seems so credible, and I feel this subject in particular takes away from that credibility. Then again, Mr. Aubeck didn't necessarily advocate for a belief in flying humanoids, so perhaps I should interpret his inclusion of this subject as a product of thorough and inclusive research.

Hello
This episode was enjoyable from both ufological and historical perspectives and I'll be picking up a copy of Mr. Aubeck's book before the holidays.

The only aspect of the program that I did not enjoy was the segment on flying humanoids. I've never heard a credible story on the subject, and I find the term itself off putting. The remainder of the research seems so credible, and I feel this subject in particular takes away from that credibility. Then again, Mr. Aubeck didn't necessarily advocate for a belief in flying humanoids, so perhaps I should interpret his inclusion of this subject as a product of thorough and inclusive research.

Hi there,

That is right, I study "flying humanoids" as I would any other supernatural phenomenon, as a folkloric motif. I wouldn't object to actual proof they existed or be surprised if they never have, it's not really relevant to what I do. My initial reaction to a modern testimony would always be "Ok, where's the evidence?" anyway.

Thanks for the interest!

Hi Chris, really good interview once again.

I’ve got a question if you wouldn’t mind, and that is; the last time you were here on the show, (10/5/14’), you mentioned a trip to either Ohio, or, perhaps Chicago, in order to search for something pertaining to your research. If you can recall, what was it, and was anything discovered of interest?

Hi Chris, really good interview once again.

I’ve got a question if you wouldn’t mind, and that is; the last time you were here on the show, (10/5/14’), you mentioned a trip to either Ohio, or, perhaps Chicago, in order to search for something pertaining to your research. If you can recall, what was it, and was anything discovered of interest?

Yes, in October I spent a couple of weeks with Kay Massingill searching for locations in Ohio where strange events were recorded in the 19th century, particularly where objects of alleged intelligent design had fallen or descended from the sky. I'm going to write up the adventure at some point but it helped understand the environment in which many of the stories were produced. Return to Magonia contains references to two of the places we went.

Back