• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nov 30th show:Don't slit your wrists David!

Ally

Skilled Investigator
I am speachless! What is a good word for BAD I mean REALLY BAD. David and Gene you were troopers she was BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

Really?

Granted Im only about 47mins in but She seems fine so far. I guess this must get ugly in the second hour?

I thought it started out OK too but I don't know about 47 minutes and it does get worse. Are you listening to everything she is saying??

I thought it started out OK too but I don't know about 47 minutes and it does get worse. Are you listening to everything she is saying??

Yes. Shes seems ok to me. A bit defensive a little way into the 2nd hour, but so far nothing too crazy.

Sorry, I could only listen to this woman for maybe ten minutes before giving up. Every other phrase out of her mouth was "you know". After maybe fifty "you knows" I had to turn it off. Also, it didn't seem she had much interesting to say in those first ten minutes or so anyway. I hope you can find guests that can speak full sentences the next time around. You know??

No I honestly thought she was ok. Seemed intelligent and mostly sensible. Then came the defensiveness about the equipment...

Basically David said: "Is there any case that can think of that has something similar to a radar UFO sighting?" Seems a reasonable question, but she sort of took it the wrong way I guess.

It also started to fall apart when She was getting a bit vague about 'helping spirits' and all the rest. Its a shame as I think She was pretty intelligent for the most part.

So why did this episode "almost never see the light of day"? Was it because of the comments at the end about not doing any more shows? You know what will fix things?.... a roundtable like you suggested in another thread David.

I didnt think it was bad interview at all? The first hour was probably more enlightening then the second hour, yet still i found the whole interview quiet enjoyable, far better for me at least than last weeks episode.

I think the guys were correct about mediums, alot of these people are suspect, infact when you ask the mediums to show there skills in this field, most of course will simply run away because they know in there own minds they are liars and cheats.

David siad he asked Mr Anderson a question. Mr Anderson in mind was probably not as open minded on the Ufo Question as the Ghost or afterdeath question? What does that tell you about the man? This is just my opinion, based on what david siad, but i have to remember always i wasnt there to view the situation!!

David your right if you dont ask questions what is the point of existing at all.

Space brothers that term makes me laugh!! There is no prove anywhere that they love us, or what to help our planet, maybe i am wrong?

Until i see the prove of that, i believe what i believe, but i will still ask questions if that reality is solved anyway, since manipulation is always possible.

I do as a point believe this phenomen is thousands of years old or even longer.Time has simply eroded much of our history. Every culture in the world has myths, storys, legends, of ghosts or ufo related encounters.
We live in the modern age were communications are technology based, but thousands of years ago takeing the Egyptian culture as a example they used basic forms of communication to spread the message of the culture.

The last hundred years has helped develop this subject. Yes, Others will say it has caused many other problems to develop too, those problems are well known
We live in the modern age of ufology according to the logic given forward by ufologists, yet this phenomen is a ancient phenomen.

Yet, alot of people have problems with that conclusion. You are entitled to your view, i have mine, so if you can prove me to be wrong?, i will listen.

To be honest modern ufology has been ufology based on American encounters and cases.Since probably the 1920's even earlier the American experience of the ufo phenomen is what our culture has grow to adapt. I not complaining, but maybe getting ufologists who are not American can help us get to better understanding of the subject of ghosts or ufos? This might touch a raw nerve, it just a suggestion.

No I honestly thought she was ok. Seemed intelligent and mostly sensible. Then came the defensiveness about the equipment...

Basically David said: "Is there any case that can think of that has something similar to a radar UFO sighting?" Seems a reasonable question, but she sort of took it the wrong way I guess.

It also started to fall apart when She was getting a bit vague about 'helping spirits' and all the rest. Its a shame as I think She was pretty intelligent for the most part.

So why did this episode "almost never see the light of day"? Was it because of the comments at the end about not doing any more shows? You know what will fix things?.... a roundtable like you suggested in another thread David.
It almost didn't see the light of day, because we were disgusted with her wishy-washy attitude and kept it in the can for a while. But, after deciding to relax this week (and I'm getting over a sore throat anyway), we felt you listeners should be the final arbiters as to how good an episode it was.

It almost didn't see the light of day, because we were disgusted with her wishy-washy attitude and kept it in the can for a while. But, after deciding to relax this week (and I'm getting over a sore throat anyway), we felt you listeners should be the final arbiters as to how good an episode it was.

I'm not sure,but it seems like you guys have been struggling to find decent guests for the show lately.In my opinion,some of the people you've had on aren't even fit to tie your shoelaces.

Have you checked out abductee - Kelly Cahill? I'm sure she would make a wonderful guest.

I think she should learn to take a breath.
What a pain in the arse. I am her age, and I hope to hell I dont rave on about this much crap for this long to just ramble and be so righteous and go on and on and on...
Well done lads, I gather you were laughing behind the scenes and shaking your heads
PS - how many time does she say "talk about in the book"..... SHUT UP.

I'm only through the first hour and it's definitely a paracast B side. She is not a very good guest I don't think, she would make a good politician though since she doesn't seem to directly answer many of David's questions, perhaps it's her ADD or perhaps she has little ability or desire to provide any nuts and bolts to this field. Maybe that's what happens when you are preaching to the choir at conferences with like minded people all the time? On a personal level I agree with the general just of her schtick which is kind of 'judge and be judged', but if you call yourself a 'researcher' than I think there has to be standard or you might as well play Dungeons and Dragons.

I'll have to listen to the rest, but I would be interested to press her on getting her friends alleged direct 'recordings' of spirits.

Also, it is interesting that Anderson was annoyed at David's question, seems even he is a bit closed minded. It's always interesting to see what some people view as absurd versus other things they readily accept, usually it's 'religion' verse 'ufos' but in this case is was 'mediums and spirits' verse ufos.

I totally disagree with the guests take on religion. She needs to premise her statements IMO with the adjective ',mainstream organized' religions. I think the paranormal for my money, is really key for my personal beliefs of how the universe works and thus is a massive part in shaping my personal 'religion'. So I think the two of them go hand and hand in many respects.

So I think the paranormal can be used to help shape my beliefs on the 'ultimate' because it provides evidence of the ultimate reality behind the curtain. But, I don't think it's a good thing to have stringent unflexible religious beliefs which completely interpret your opinions on the paranormal, so at that level I agree. I prefer to keep an open mind and see where the evidence takes me verses trying to fit the evidence into a non flexible pre existing set of dogma.

On a side note, after reading Gary Schwartz book where he set up double and triple blind university studies on mediums where he found John Edwards to be the most consistently accurate medium, I went out and bought John Edwards book and I'm finding it pretty interesting. The picture he paints to is of relatives watching over you and still interacting with you after they pass on.

I was always a little weary about that outlook and thought it might be a bit too convenient, comforting and fluffy to be true (in other words people wanted it to be true so badly that they interpreted experiences through this lens very liberally), but I'm now starting to believe that this is the case which makes my outlook much more optimistic and I actually may have had an experience recently in this regard which I will try and post in the 'experience' forum when I get a chance.

So Alexandra apparently finds out that we aired her episode, and sent me an email asking me why we decided to do so, I sent her a link to this thread and told her that the answer could be found here. Her response:

--------------------

That's it? That's why? Oh God you make me laugh...thanks I really needed that. Your listeners knew I was ill and had to split up the interview over two days due to having four children in the house giving my time only for you to be nasty with me and disrespectful...wow!

Yeah, I can see where some folks would feel what they feel but then again you can't please everyone and that's the way of the world. Your pod cast or anyone else's wouldn't change the mere fact we are all entitled to our opinions included disgusting old me.

When people do not know you and make assumptions based on other's agenda's, you just can't take it seriously.

By the way, I spoke with my father about how you treated me and HE was disgusted. It's the other way around. You don't have to like or agree with everything your guest says but it seems to be your show's format, which is more about bating people into arguments and pushing your view as the end all be all.

Your not fit to be my mentors and I would never look at you that way. Your a pod cast for Pete's sake..are you kidding me? I hope you don't have aspirations to do REAL radio because you guys need to learn etiquette first and foremost as a good host knows to be respectful regardless of the topics. I was polite with you and just because you don't get me or agree with my ways doesn't give you cart blanch to be a schmuck which you were and obviously still are.

YOU KNOW? ;-)

Ahhhhhh ha ha ah ha it's called a sense of humor...look it up and it may teach YOU something. Yikes!

I wish you nothing and am treating you as you have done with me.

I hope you feel good about what you have done and maybe one day can look back and see the error of your ignorant ways of the lack of humanity and fair and balanced conversations.

------------------------

And then came another email from her, shortly on the heels of the previous one:

------------------------

I tell like it is and hide nothing and if your putting me down with your attempt at obnoxious-we-don't-like-her phrases then you really need to reevaluate how you are as a person in general because it is just down right nasty. You in essence did not like the interview so decided not to play it. Then, you do months later. Why? What purpose does it serve if you obviously didn't like it then why air it? Oh I know, to poke fun at the guest and make them feel badly and have a laugh on them?

What did I ever do to you to warrant such arrogant, rude behavior? You have every right not to agree with your guest but you DO NOT and SHOULD NOT treat them poorly when all they have done is given their time to you and didn't flake out on you, cancel, etc., and keep to their word on their thoughts and feelings and personal experiences. That is not for you to judge and if you think your above the human race and want to play God, then do it on your own time.

----------------------

My response:

----------------------

Sigh...

And what exactly did we "do"? We asked you questions, you answered them to the best of your ability.

Your defensiveness speaks volumes. And while we're not "on cable" (a term you used over and over), in case you haven't noticed, the Internet is the new broadcast medium of the planet. Instead of limiting ourselves to terrestrial radio - with it's limited range - we have almost 50,000 inquisitive minds listening to the show live every week, many more downloading it after the fact. Our audience is global in scope. The amount of positive email we get far outnumbers the negative. And if we don't post C2C numbers, well, we'll have to make do without attracting the kinds of lunkheads and psychopaths that call into that show. Our audience is high quality, intelligent, and thoughtful. I'd trade 100 potatoheads for one good mind any day.

We're not in this for money - we've got nothing for sale - and if you did some due diligence before spouting off your mouth/fingers, you'd discover that I'm personally involved with this show because of a lifetime of paranormal experiences that I'm trying to understand. My view? I don't have one, I have no agenda outside of honest, logical discussion of these topics. I have no preconceived notions about what this is all about, no position to defend, no agenda (including "getting on cable"), outside of intense personal curiosity. I don't think that ghostly phenomena are more important than UFOs because "ghosts are more popular on TV", I'm of the mind that there are possible links between these phenomena, and I'm pushing past the existing boundaries of thought to try and gain some genuinely useful insights.

And regardless of your attitude, I have the deepest respect for your father, I think he's done incredibly important work in the field. And I think you're trading on his reputation, which is not surprising, but let's get real here. Without his name, you'd be another footnote in the field. If you must know, we buried that "interview" primarily out of respect for your father. We needed to plug something in this week, and yours is the only interview we've ever killed, so we brought it back to fill in a pinch. Thanks for making me sorry we did so, if I never hear from you again, that will be soon enough for me.

dB

-------------------

And here's what hopefully will be the last I hear from this person:

-------------------

Sigh here too as you keep missing the point. My best did not fit into YOUR agenda. I do tons of radio for all sorts of personas and there have been areas where we would agree to disagree but never have I ever been treated the way you treated me. This has nothing to do with my father as you asked ME on the show and it really unnerves me to no end how you go back to that point.

I am ABOUT positiveness and your rude attitude towards how the show went and not airing, then airing with your rude labels put on the title is proof positive of what your truly about. I didn't have to do a thing. You continue to insult me because you do not understand me and that is your basis of this explanation.

Why are you even bring up money and why your in this? All I have said and am saying today is you were nasty with me and how you went about doing this show...that's it. I have no issues to you not liking my interview and am completely fine with it. What I have an issue with is your mannerism and attitude of Mr. Intelligent who's above you. Your VERY condensing sir and would be wise to take a look at that and perhaps think about it.

Your assumption of why I am in this field has no place. Who the heck are you to determine anything from one interview? Do you even know me? My family? Your such an ass...oh my gosh you really are! Your pompous and self-righteous. YOU do not know me. We were never friends and never had real conversations for you to make any assumptions. How dare you. But of course the obvious of the bunch is I am the daughter so therefor ALL this came about ONLY because of that. Yes, now at this hectic point in my life that you seem to know so much about, is the perfect opportune moment to do what? Oh man you need help. But that's okay because there will be people who look at the children of parents who made their way in life for something, and assume it's only about the name recognition and not about what their parents stood for. Typical and quite predictably really.

That's like me saying you have no life, live behind your computer as a nerd does and gets off on putting down people because you have nothing going on for you in your little life. Sad and pathetic little you.

Grow up David and realize your quite the schmuck. My father has nothing to do with this nor do I...you can't treat people like this based on the mere fact of what they feel and think. Shame on you. Grow up.

Hey: Not to derail, but David mentioned he took Catholic Communion at a Mass, as a Jew. I'm really surprised they GAVE it to him in the first place! Or whoever he was with didn't stop him, etc...

NOT that I believe in any of this (now)..but as a former Catholic (converted at age 19)....unless you were taking your First Communion as a Catholic and/or converting to Catholicism, you should'nt have been given/allowed to take Communion....:)

ie: Now, I 'shouldn't' take Communion, either...if I were to ever attend a Mass again....due to being divorced-without-having-gotten/done-an-annulment (which I could STILL do, despite the fact that I had two children with my first husband...who was not Catholic....and now having been remarried for years now, go figure!). THEN, I could take Communion again....WhatEVER....:rolleyes:

None of that matters to me, just pointing it out, why, I know not! lol. *shrug*

As much as I didn't like the interview maybe it would have been better for everyone involved to have not aired this one and just have David and Gene talk about cheese or anything.

BixyBoo,
Please don't remind of me of all the Catholic rules! I am trying my best to forget all of that crap. I would probably get sick too if I thought I was eating the body of a person who has been dead for over 2000 years ha!

Ally: LOL,:rolleyes: I agree!

I am not surprised that poor David got so sick after doing such a thing, tho! His intuition was razor sharp, huh? :)

Back