• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

No Rest for the Wicked. . . July 5

Criminy guys. Go have some fun somewhere -- AWAY FROM EACH OTHER ;)

Believe me, we are big boys and girls. We will be fine till you return.

Take time off, we'll still be here when you return. Promise we won't make too much of a mess while you're gone.

i promise i will be good too. please go enjoy yourselves and your loved ones! :cool:

go and recharge those batteries [ 2 weeks minimum surely ], we'll still be here when you get back.

i vote for don ecker / jaques vallee as co-presenter swat team.

Well, count me as one of the voices suggesting you take some time off, and in fact that you be quite generous with yourselves about it. Maybe a month at least. I also don't think a guest host is a good idea. I agree that there are certain individuals who are credible, well-spoken, and worth hearing. Many of them have been on The Paracast recently. However worth hearing they may be, the "Paracast" identity is Gene plus David, and without them it's not really The Paracast.

And, maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems to me that setting someone up to record a show, instructing them in what to do, working it out with the guests, and then still editing and postprocessing the audio would be MORE work than just doing a show. That's the hidden gotcha of vacation time: it's harder to train someone else to cover for you than it is to do the work yourself. Especially if you are still accountable for what is done when you are away. So, guys, go ahead and chill. Every good podcast I listen to in whatever field takes some time off now and then. At least, as earlier posters said, you won't just have unexplained silence for months as many lesser podcasters do.

Re-runs wouldn't be bad. Maybe have a formal poll to select, say, five or six...

I agree with taking some time off. Good for the soul. I do think asking some friends to fill in is a good idea though as the people who get the podcast will still get something useful/interesting to listen to.

Also, have you guys every considered having 1 or 2 episodes that you "shelved" for exact situations like this?

I apppreciate what you guys are doing.

I agree with taking some time off. Good for the soul. I do think asking some friends to fill in is a good idea though as the people who get the podcast will still get something useful/interesting to listen to.

Also, have you guys every considered having 1 or 2 episodes that you "shelved" for exact situations like this?

I apppreciate what you guys are doing.
We'll be having marathon recording sessions through mid-July. Maybe then. :)

You know, I confess, I've come to take the show for granted. The topic/attitude varies, of course, sometimes you have a Jim Dilettoso or a Peter Robbins (great guests, compelling stuff); sometimes you have a Hopkins and Jacobs (more speculative, I find their evidence weak at times, but eminently cordial and classy interviews); ... and sometimes a Harris.

But there's always a Paracast of some kind!

For Eris's sake, gentlemen, you've earned a vacation. And yeah, I think I'd rather have "greatest hits" or simply reruns than a guest host.

--Shawn

Back