• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Pope, John Burroughs & Encounter in Rendlesham Forest

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I'm pleased to announce that we plan to discuss what is presented as "the inside story of the world's best-documented UFO incident" featuring Nick Pope and John Burroughs, authors of "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest." This is a serious hardcover book published by St. Martin's Press and getting a lot of publicity. As you listeners know, having an A-list publisher release a UFO title, let alone promote it, is a rarity.

Nick was a former head of the UFO research project at the UK Ministry of Defense, and John Burroughs, USAF (Ret.) was one of the witnesses. Both have appeared on The Paracast previously, and we're happy to have them onboard together for a fuller presentation on this classic encounter.

We'll be recording this episode Thursday, May 22, 2014, from 11 AM until 1 PM Pacific. Ask away.

Because of the official public military documentation and testimony from career military figures like LTC Halt, I'm skeptical about this being a true high strange event.

Is there evidence to suggest that this could simply be the testing of a secret military aircraft or weapon?

A microwave-type weapon could produce nausea or fainting in the soldiers responding on the scene, and could also possibly account for the animals' violent reaction that occurred nearby. The idea that our government (why not the Brits?) dresses up standard aircraft with strange lights and fixtures has been mentioned on this show before. It would be a good cover to field test a new nonlethal weapon system.

The Halt tape satisfies my skepticism that something very out of the ordinary happened. You can hear it in his voice. He is a lifetime military man and a trained observer, experiencing something VERY extraordinary. This is more than a mere conventional aircraft with some lights attached to it, or a "beam" weapon. Things were flying and traversing through the forest, then flying overhead in formation. Subsequently, these events were having negative impact on their equipment and portable lighting systems. Though, I don't totally discount the possibility the military could have been doing some testing, I don't think that can fully explain the complex testimony that surrounds the events. I say this, totally disregarding much of what Penniston has testified to. In my opinion, he is an embellisher, who has latched on a very real event, and has tried to personalize it, making him the "star" so to speak. The fact he initially said he left with his camera, but later chose to "sketch" the craft as he walked around it, makes little sense to me.

Sometime after the incident (and touching the craft), John Burroughs wrote down a series of 1's and 0's in his notebook that he supposedly had received telepathically when touching the craft. I thought there had been some attempt to decipher these, but I can't recall what the result was. Can you please ask about this part of the story? Maybe this is old news and I just missed it, but if not...?

Also, was there ever any attempt (and/or success) to decipher the glyphs that John saw on the outside of the craft?

1) What's your thoughts on the impact on the servicemen and women who encounter these events of so called UFO incident on military bases?

2) Mr Nick Pope do you think this case is the only event that happened in 1980 and did you hear of any others prior to this on NATO military sites in the UK or Commonwealth?

3) Mr John Burroughs did you have any odd events of strange awareness prior joining the service the and was there any civilian intrusions prior to the RF incidents?

questions
1.how real do you think he binary code is ??
2. has anyone actually surveyed the lat and long co ords
3.what does nick pope think of all the UFO sightings reported by army personnel across the world in war zones from peace keeping to full on battles ?, dont mean full on battles with UFOs just the areas which are war torn, i know you both can word this better than me lol.

Last edited:
The case is so well-known that denial of something having happened would seem silly. Have you confronted current military leaders in England about it, and if so, what do they have to say about it at this point?

Kindly ask Nick Pope about his involvement with Sony computer games and predicting a UFO encounter during the 2012 Olympics. Also, as being the mouthpiece for the UK's Ministry of Defence, why should we believe he has anything truthful to tell us?

What do you feel are the strongest arguments against the claim of UFO involvement in the Rendlesham Forest case and how do you respond to them?

How do you explain Col. Ted Conrad’s dismissal of anything extraordinary related to this case?

What “insider” information have you received about this case, if any? What level of credibility do you assign to such sources?

Nick and John: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 = very strong skepticism and 10 = very strong strong belief, how would you rate the following statement? “UFOs are a real phenomena that defy conventional explanation. The most rational explanation for the UFO data is that humans in our present scientific and technical capacity don’t have the capability to create technology with the performance characteristics observed. Therefore, these objects do not come from us.” In other words, what is your level of confidence that there is something real here in ufology behind the phenomena and not just a lot of misidentification, confabulation, the will to believe, and so forth?

-What's your impression of possible long term health effects, both physical and psychological, on close-in witnesses, especially Penniston and Burroughs ?

-What efforts have you or others made to obtain information about past and current medical records?

I'm pleased to announce that we plan to discuss what is presented as "the inside story of the world's best-documented UFO incident" featuring Nick Pope and John Burroughs, authors of "Encoutner in Rendlesham Forest." This is a serious hardcover book published by St. Martin's Press and getting a lot of publicity. As you listeners know, having an A-list publisher release a UFO title, let alone promote it, is a rarity.

Nick was a former head of the UFO research project at the UK Ministry of Defense, and John Burroughs, USAF (Ret.) was one of the witnesses. Both have appeared on The Paracast previously, and we're happy to have them onboard together for a fuller presentation on this classic encounter.

We'll be recording this episode Thursday, May 22, 2014, from 11 AM until 1 PM Pacific. Ask away.

What is the full story on the idea that time travellers were involved with this case?

What information was revealed in the hypnosis sessions about the alien beings exactly: physical description and
their communcations?

I also want to know what new information has been decoded from the binary code investigation?

I'm very much looking forward to this, thank you for setting this up!

I would like to know Nick and other witnesses response to the much delayed "binary" release of information... do they think it's genuine?

To me, it just adds incredulity to an otherwise very credible incident.

Late to the dance again. It was a great book, can't wait to hear the show! I had so many questions...

I hope he brings up the other Time Traveler cases mentioned briefly in the book, that had some military connection?

Back