• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

News FLASH-Bob Lazar Movie& Matt Damon

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Damon the frontrunner to play alien expert Lazar

Matt Damon's dreams of playing real-life alien expert Bob Lazar are back on - a new biopic about the scientist has been greenlighted.

Damon was reportedly onboard to play Lazar four years ago when movie executives at New Line were hoping to turn his life story and his recollections of working at S4, a secret military base located at Papoose Lake in Nevada, into a movie, but film plans stalled.

Now Curmudgeon Films - the company behind Cameron Diaz's movie My Sister's Keeper - has taken over the project and Kenneth Yakkel is adapting TV interviews Lazar conducted with Las Vegas reporter George Knapp for the movie.

A spokesman for the project says, "2009 marks the 20th anniversary of Lazar's amazing account of back engineering one of nine alien flying saucers recovered by the U.S. military.

"Threats on his (Lazar) life forced him to go public with the story. The film is based on his amazing eyewitness accounts of working at S4.

"Matt Damon would be at the top of our list to play Lazar. I had heard he was interested in it years ago when New Line was going to do the Lazar story."

Damon the frontrunner to play alien expert Lazar | Entertainment | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Brought to you by Decker ..... all the news thats fit to print :D

Oh, for crying out loud, so who's gonna play Lear? I know, Ray Walston!

Oy vey... and to think, there's never been a feature film about Tesla. What a sin...

dB

What the hell? Whats wrong guys? I think this will be awesome! Hilariously friggen awesome!!!

Does Damon have any genuine interest in the topic?

Oh, for crying out loud, so who's gonna play Lear? I know, Ray Walston!

Oy vey... and to think, there's never been a feature film about Tesla. What a sin...

dB

LOL. You're a funny dude, David. And I agree about Tesla. No one seems to really know a damned thing about that guy... even as they turn on the lights and switch on their TVs, computers, grab a beer from the fridge.

I just hope Lazar has some decency and tells us on his deathbed what his real job was at Area 51. It had to be something that was so topsecret that his records were wiped..

As a side note, I find it really interesting to read this timeline of Lazars. You know I have always been a big fan of books and documentaries on the special forces... the SAS, Delta Force etc, And one of the things I have heard is that if you get caught by the enemy you say as little as possible for as long as possible. BUT when you do finally have to talk you base all of your lie's on the truth.

This I believe serves a few main purposes:
1. It makes it much easier for you to remember stuff without getting your wires crossed
2. It means that checks on your statements are, as a minimum, easily confused and knocked off the scent
3. If you do get busted on the details, you can claim it was due to failure of memory rather than lying

Its similar to disinformation I suppose. My point is though that I believe has done this to great effect with his story, all the way up to using his real teacher names.

Looking at his timeline, it is clear that he has done this alot, for example he used his real teacher names when talking about his background

I reckon Paddy Considine would be better casting than Matt Damon.

Attachments

• considine_14636095_252x190.jpg
    considine_14636095_252x190.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 82
Don,

What is your personal feeling on Lazar?

I think the Navy paid him to work on photo lab equipment at the base and he embellished the rest. I know Knapp thinks he is legit but Knapp also overlooks or doesn't care enough to investigate the new information about Lazar and his background. People have mentioned things like the meaning of his name in the Los Alamos phone directory and the fact that he was enrolled at a junior college when he says he was at whatever university it was (CAL TECH?).

Anyway, I would like to know your feelings if you care to share them.

I don't want to take away from the question Ron just asked. Inquiring minds want to know. But I do want to say this. To all you udder guys/and or gals. What's the big deal? If they don't make a movie about Lazar then they will make one about Tesla? Movies (for me) are about entertainment and when they educate that's all for the better. But take it for what it might be. A fun flick! 8)

A movie about Tesla should be made and one that is serious. Christian Bale should have the starring role of Tesla....Bob Lazar is like marshmallows to a camp fire . Telsa may have made the fire. :D

I think Robert Carradine aka Lewis Skolnik of Revenge of the Nerds fame would be a perfect Bob Lazar. (I'm being serious)

33960090_eaa730bc51.jpg

A movie about Tesla should be made and one that is serious. Christian Bale should have the starring role of Tesla....Bob Lazar is like marshmallows to a camp fire . Telsa may have made the fire. :D

Now you're talking !

A guy so ahead of his times, that he only starts to get proper recognition 100 years later !!

A wild brew of mystical transcendance that eventually leads to practical inventions.

Back