• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NEW! Persistent Alerts

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We have just activated a feature that was present in the previous version of our forum.

This means, if you have selected the option to alert and/or email you when a new post or thread appears, you'll receive all such posts in any thread you choose to Watch.

That is the way it has been for several years, until the forum was upgraded. With the upgrade, you had to return to the forum after getting a notice before you'd get more notices. I know, it's rather illogical, but that's the way XenForo and vBulletin and other forum systems work.

If you have a problem with too many notices, let me know and I'll make it a user option to turn it on. With Persistent Alerts off, you'll receive notices via "alien logic" per the above paragraph.

Let me know if you have questions.

And, Push Notification is now available as an option in your member control panel (the one displaying your name or gravatar).

It is supposed to work on mobile gear, and most Macs and PCs, except, evidently, for Safari for macOS.

Back